Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,431 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Had to go to the test centre yesterday at Blackpool (for baby, not for me). The low numbers there when we went, and a lot of staff hanging about, gives me hope numbers here will stay down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,093 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

[quote="Ludo;116293452"

And, get this, to register for the vaccine on their website. Sure, coz all over 85 know to do that. I was not impressed with that bit and let them know that there should be no need to register over 85s on a GPs website to get a call about the vaccine.[/quote]

That's just wrong, imo.
    My mother's gp rang my sister to organise an appointment for my mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭aisling86

That's just wrong, imo.
    My mother's gp rang my sister to organise an appointment for my mum.

My grandfathers gp rang my father to change the contact number to my father as there will be a link sent to register for it. Absolute madness for this age group.

I'm sure the GPs will do all they can to facilitate their older patients. (I'm not a GP nor is there one in the family before folk trot out that sh1t)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

rodders999 wrote: »
    Great to see zero deaths.

Are they still predicting 200-400 daily cases by the end of the month?

Only 2 weeks left so numbers would want to start falling dramatically to reach that target.
    Still on track yes.
    Prof Nolan said the apparent slowing down is likely due to asymptomatic close contacts, particularly a large increase in kids under 13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Dad fully vaccinated now, works in pfizer. Great to even have one person vaccinated.

I'm just sitting down for my 15 minutes rest after my second dose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I’m just home from being tested prior to hospital procedure tomorrow. This is my third test and whilst I didn’t really mind any of them this was by far the easiest - or maybe I’m just getting used to them :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,689 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I’m just home from being tested prior to hospital procedure tomorrow. This is my third test and whilst I didn’t really mind any of them this was by far the easiest - or maybe I’m just getting used to them :pac:

I know somebody who gets tested regularly.
    They know the testers at this stage and they all dread meeting certain people because they are very rough at doing it.

My Dad got a second test on Sunday morning I think, he didn't even mention anything about it except that he'd had his breakfast prior to going down for it so it must have been fine again for him thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Mushy wrote: »
    Had to go to the test centre yesterday at Blackpool (for baby, not for me). The low numbers there when we went, and a lot of staff hanging about, gives me hope numbers here will stay down

I hope your baby will be ok.

I was there a few weeks ago myself and it was very busy so hopefully we will see it getting quieter and quieter from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,093 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

happyday wrote: »

I was there a few weeks ago myself and it was very busy so hopefully we will see it getting quieter and quieter from now on.

It was very quiet last Wednesday, too.
    Wife had her second test. No problem.

20 cases in Cork today

20 cases in Cork today

Great to see the numbers decreasing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,431 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

happyday wrote: »

Cheers! Got the all clear, but had expected that anyway, was all a formality really.

Low numbers again, can't ask for much more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭opus

Daisy03 wrote: »
    Does anyone personally know someone aged 85 or over that has an appt for their vaccine?

My aunt, 87, got a call from her GP to come to the surgery on Thur for her first vaccination shot. It's only ~5k from where she lives in West Cork. She was expecting a lot more drama so all good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,097 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Good Luck

Thanks JP. I’m having a total nerve block put in my knee to hopefully get rid of the pain I’ve had for 4 years. Fingers crossed.

Thanks JP. I’m having a total nerve block put in my knee to hopefully get rid of the pain I’ve had for 4 years. Fingers crossed.

I hope it all goes well for you, take care

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    “Almost 90% of cases in Ireland are the B117 variant. The increased transmissibility of this variant is apparent in the current profile of the disease in households”

@ronan_glynn
    says 1 in 3 household contacts are now testing positive for COVID-19

Is that the UK or Brazilian variant?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is that the UK or Brazilian variant?
    UK/Kent variant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭Be right back

46 cases in Cork today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

46 cases in Cork today.

6th bottom in terms of 14 day rate so Cork still doing well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

The 5km rule has been a hot topic in this thread in the last couple of months (guilty!), but this is something I did not know: the eviction ban is tied to the 5km exercise rule.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1362142113513631746

That’s comical tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Was just driving home from work through Kanturk, that place has got 2 new pizza places opened since I last drove through! I reckon the town is getting ready for some serious partying, you need more chippers to spread the load after 2,500 people come out of the pubs locked once this is over!!! :-) they’ve 6 chippers, 3 Chinese and an Indian!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

So, travel more than 5km from your home, and you might not have a home when you get back?

Yikes, it's my childhood all over again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

ACE you might know but have the hse started sharing their daily figures on numbers vaccinated yet?

Advertisement