Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

this virus is so random and its rather scary. i've heard of people who have underlying condition just get some sniffles and/or a headache and they are fine afterwards and then there are other times a perfectly healthy man is in hospital getting oxygen and he's still in a bad way several weeks later. its nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    this virus is so random and its rather scary. i've heard of people who have underlying condition just get some sniffles and/or a headache and they are fine afterwards and then there are other times a perfectly healthy man is in hospital getting oxygen and he's still in a bad way several weeks later. its nuts

Friend who passed away spent seven weeks on a ventilator, fit, healthy and never saw inside the door of a hospital or doctor. Scary what this virus is doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I agree.

I got slated for even mentioning the 16 year old in the main covid thread.

There was a 32 year old that died last week. 10 deaths in ICU yesterday and people still don't understand.
    You got slated because of your ridiculous comment that was pure emotional manipulation. You used a 16 year old teenager's very sad death to try to manipulate people into feeling bad for thinking the length of the current restrictions isn’t warranted.

You can be sad for the 16 year old and still think some of the restrictions are utterly ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,823 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Augeo wrote: »
    Good politicians make very unpopular decisions so if we need level 5 until May or June, so be it IMO.

Good politicians ?
    Not many of them around I'm afraid.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Good politicians ?
    Not many of them around I'm afraid.
    We're led by a spineless bunch of politicians. They were smirking and laughing during the press conference the other day when restaurants and bars were mentioned. People's livelihoods being laughed at. Disgusting tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

We're led by a spineless bunch of politicians. They were smirking and laughing during the press conference the other day when restaurants and bars were mentioned. People's livelihoods being laughed at. Disgusting tbh.

You’re like Fox News with some of the nonsense you post.

You’re like Fox News with some of the nonsense you post.
    Yet Virgin Media News report on it...
    https://twitter.com/PaulQuinnNews/status/1364325181079105539?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,823 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Our politicians are grossly incompetent.

My next door neighbour was buried yesterday.
    Only 70, fairly healthy but diagnosed with terminal cancer just before Christmas.
    He had barely left his house in almost a year because of Covid.
    Too afraid to go to the Doctor for a check-up until it was too late.

My aunt was diagnosed with Breast cancer late 2019 and luckily managed to get her treatment finished by last Summer.
    Her check-up was last month but the hospital rang her to say that it has been postponed to Jan 2022 !

Cancer and lack of screenings and treatment is going to kill alot more people than Covid.

Only 70, fairly healthy but diagnosed with terminal cancer just before Christmas.
    Too afraid to go to the Doctor for a check-up.

My aunt was diagnosed with Breast cancer late 2019 and luckily managed to get her treatment finished by last Summer.
    Her check-up was last month but the hospital rang her to say that it has been postponed to Jan 2022 !

Cancer and lack of screenings and treatment is going to kill alot more people than Covid.
    "Fox News", etc etc.

I'm not a COVID denier, far from it. I'm a vulnerable person as per the vaccine priority list. I'd die if I got COVID, realistically.
    Can't disagree on here or you're sneered at by the usuals.

Facts:
    - Cases are reducing
    - Hospital figures reducing
    - ICU reducing
    - Positivity rate reducing
    - Strictest lockdown in Europe

Facts:
    - ICU reducing

Sadly that's due to death in many cases.

• Advertisement

More ****e. You've some neck calling other posters for manipulation. What's that supposed to prove, an out of context clip. Do really think they're having a laugh at the job losses economy. Do you think that tickles their funny bones?

It's pure GOP style talking points from you.

Sadly that's due to death in many cases.

Your chances of survival in ICU are highly slim, especially if your on a ventilator. Either way, that's not the point. If we were in a period of high disease prevalence admissions would outweigh discharges.

More ****e. You've some neck calling other posters for manipulation. What's that supposed to prove, an out of context clip. Do really think they're having a laugh at the job losses economy. Do you think that tickles their funny bones?

It's pure GOP style talking points from you.

Calm down lad, christ. We're in Ireland, we don't have the GOP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Too afraid to go to the Doctor for a check-up until it was too late.

I'm genuinely sorry about your neighbour but you can't blame the government because he wouldn't go to the doctor. This was never government advice.
    The government aren't to blame for everything.

Calm down lad, christ. We're in Ireland, we don't have the GOP.

I realise, but we do seem to have some amount of loopers that have co-opted their BS. Thankfully there's some red flags for theses head bangers. New accounts, that post incessantly, often with a handle/name that points to some imagined persecution complex. You just know this isn't their only account either. You'd wonder what they'd do if Covid disappeared in the morning? Go outside/log off? Unlikely.

I realise, but we do seem to have some amount of loopers that have co-opted their BS. Thankfully there's some red flags for theses head bangers. New accounts, that post incessantly, often with a handle/name that points to some imagined persecution complex. You just know this isn't their only account either. You'd wonder what they'd do if Covid disappeared in the morning? Go outside/log off? Unlikely.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to insinuate tbh. I invite any moderators to investigate any second accounts. If you think I’m some sort of person who disagrees with COVID restrictions you are ridiculously wrong and I’m quite offended you launched this attack on me tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

You got slated because of your ridiculous comment that was pure emotional manipulation. You used a 16 year old teenager's very sad death to try to manipulate people into feeling bad for thinking the length of the current restrictions isn’t warranted.

You can be sad for the 16 year old and still think some of the restrictions are utterly ridiculous.

It's not manipulation. I didn't use the person's death as an excuse to make people feel bad for the restrictions. I've been crying out for zero covid for months, for some normality, but nope, we can't have that either.

It's not manipulation. I didn't use the person's death as an excuse to make people feel bad for the restrictions. I've been crying out for zero covid for months, for some normality, but nope, we can't have that either.

It’s been explained to you multiple times why zero COVID is complete fairytale nonsense, to be fair.

Murder on RedFM this morning due to this..

https://twitter.com/neilredfm/status/1364872747566964742?s=21

Susan Ryan will be closed as soon as she opens hopefully, anyone encouraging folks being within 2m of anyone else indoors for over 15 minutes cannot be acting ".....with all safety measures in place". They are facilitating close contacts.

• Advertisement

I assume she's seen the news of a woman arrested in Dublin for the very same thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

She's just going to get fined and it'll end up costing her money. The frustration is valid of course, but what does she think will happen? The Gardai will just say 'Sure, go ahead so we won't tell anyone' ?

While I think hairdressers should be open I don’t see what shes trying to achieve tbh theres only one outcome

I assume she's seen the news of a woman arrested in Dublin for the very same thing?

No doubt what inspired her.

No doubt what inspired her.

I think all potential criminals should go on the radio outlining how and when they are going to break the law!
    It would save a fortune in law enforcement.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Would she even get any business? No point in getting the beauty makeover to just sit at home!

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Would she even get any business? No point in getting the beauty makeover to just sit at home!

Never ever doubt peoples ability to break the rules, I’d say she’d genuinely be busy :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Never ever doubt peoples ability to break the rules, I’d say she’d genuinely be busy :D

I'd nearly sneak in there myself for a haircut at this stage! It's getting wild :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It must be frustrating for businesses though. To keep hearing "it's risky" and many other vague phrases on the press briefings with no hope of any reopening. Probably even more frustrating when kids are going back to school where no mask wearing will be taking place and the hair dresser will be screened and masked to the hilt. As I said the other day, it's very flippant to say "6 more weeks of level 5" and not expect people to get so down in the dumps, they feel they now have nothing to loose. Politicians and NPHET get to go to work, lead a regular life. Some people are at home with no hope, no explanations, no nothing. RIght or wrong, it is indicative of where genuine people are at.
    There's more stories like this starting. You'd wonder if all hairdressers decided to open at noon on Wed for example, there'd be a plan to overwhelm the cops. Or to end up in court explaining that you have no money to pay the fine because of the business being closed too long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,096 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They are getting a pay rise but some I think are not taking it

I'll be honest I felt somewhat more confident with Leo and Harris in charge

They need a dedicated team to over see the vaccine roll out, ministers and medical professionals etc.,

It must be frustrating for businesses some nearly closed for a year now

Advertisement