Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,091 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

0 deaths reported today too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    0 deaths reported today too

How are you feeling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Good to see there be zero death and the number of cases go below 500 because the number of cases had come down hugely and was stubbornly stuck around the 500 number. I know it’s one day below but hopefully it’s the start of something.

funnydoggy wrote: »
    How are you feeling?

I'm good now but sore back thanks for asking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,084 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm good now but sore back thanks for asking

Is this related to the Covid, do you think?
    Kidneys, possibly ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

21 in Cork today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭saabsaab

who_me wrote: »
    Might be a contentious issue - but I'm starting to think regional easing of restrictions might be a good idea. Here's why:

If you only do national restrictions, then reopening is dictated largely by the largest and worst affected areas. One county could have zero infections for days/weeks and it might not make a difference to the national re-opening. But if there were case targets (or positive test % targets) set, and any county that reaches and maintains that target starts re-opening, it could help with transparency and motivate people.

The downsides - it's hard to set targets given we might not know which variants most people have, and a smaller number of the more infectious variants is a bigger deal than a higher number of the original strain. And you have the issue of people leaving to go to counties with lower restrictions.

Good points! I think we can go that way when we hit the 2,000,000 mark in May. problem cities like Galway could be longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Cork Lass wrote: »
    21 in Cork today

Still doing well thankfully

who_me wrote: »
    Might be a contentious issue - but I'm starting to think regional easing of restrictions might be a good idea. Here's why:

If you only do national restrictions, then reopening is dictated largely by the largest and worst affected areas. One county could have zero infections for days/weeks and it might not make a difference to the national re-opening. But if there were case targets (or positive test % targets) set, and any county that reaches and maintains that target starts re-opening, it could help with transparency and motivate people.

The downsides - it's hard to set targets given we might not know which variants most people have, and a smaller number of the more infectious variants is a bigger deal than a higher number of the original strain. And you have the issue of people leaving to go to counties with lower restrictions.
    saabsaab wrote: »
    Good points! I think we can go that way when we hit the 2,000,000 mark in May. problem cities like Galway could be longer.

Yes, indeed. I said similar recently
    Augeo wrote: »
    I reckon they'll have Dublin restrictions at a higher level than much of the country in April, May perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

“Covid cases increase again”

The Echo have turned into some rag

https://twitter.com/echolivecork/status/1369348139874988036?s=21

Cork Lass wrote: »
    21 in Cork today

Of the 311 cases notified today:
    • 159 are men / 149 are women
    • 64% are under 45 years of age
    • The median age is 34 years old
    • 135 in Dublin, 29 in Kildare, 21 in Cork, 18 in Limerick, 14 in Louth and the remaining 94 cases are spread across 16 other counties

30 deaths RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Christ! Our media has really gone to the dogs! IT still haven’t retracted an article about the 850k vaccines yet the Paul Reid says it’s 1.1m due by month end and will hit that target in the first few days of April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The Echo has gone to the dogs for a long time. Although this is plumbing new depths. Ridiculous headline.

I used to buy it once a week for the car adds 20+ years ago. Was always a crap enough paper. Aimed at the "Neil, it's all a disgrace....." crowd!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

I think people only get it just for the death notices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Christ! Our media has really gone to the dogs! IT still haven’t retracted an article about the 850k vaccines yet the Paul Reid says it’s 1.1m due by month end and will hit that target in the first few days of April.

It’s been nothing but sickening since day 1.

Haven't done a hospital update in a while

As of 8pm tonight:

CUH - 10 patients with 5 in ICU
    Mercy - 2 patients with 1 in ICU

Is this related to the Covid, do you think?
    Kidneys, possibly ?

I am not sure but do think it is as heard of some other survivors with bad sore backs or cold shoulders, it is tolerable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Kingsley Hotel, the overflow, outside the door, has a full carpark every evening. Dublin, Westmeath, Kerry regs, weeknights and all. What's the deal with that? Not annoyed about it or anything, I just don't know how there are so many people for whom it's essential to be staying in a hotel. We get travel expenses in my job but we're doing everything remotely so I don't get to go away :(:D

• Advertisement

Kingsley Hotel, the overflow, outside the door, has a full carpark every evening. Dublin, Westmeath, Kerry regs, weeknights and all. What's the deal with that? Not annoyed about it or anything, I just don't know how there are so many people for whom it's essential to be staying in a hotel. We get travel expenses in my job but we're doing everything remotely so I don't get to go away :(:D
    I know there's a lot of contractors from up the country who are doing work in the CUH right now staying in the Rochestown Park so I assume there's some in the Kingsley too, not necessarily for the CUH but essential workers

I thought that hotel was used for health workers isolating or quarantining

I thought that hotel was used for health workers isolating or quarantining

It might well have been but they are all vaccinated now iirc so that need is no more.

I don't know about the hotel in question but there are many hotels open to facilitate essential workers etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Could be people living in Cork parking there to walk the Lee Fields/straight road too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Makes sense, I thought the <5 the other day was an anomaly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Augeo wrote: »
    It might well have been but they are all vaccinated now iirc so that need is no more.

Healthcare workers are still required to isolate if they are close contacts regardless of vaccinations.

Pen Rua wrote: »

We are in lockdown but still high cases and Cork on the up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is there a checkpoint in Castlemarytr?

• Advertisement

Advertisement