Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭opus

This doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, the vaccine that was extended to older people only a few days ago is stopped totally today. Hopefully temporarily.

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1371026094057476097

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/irelands-level-five-lockdown-is-second-toughest-in-the-eu-vrs9l2p3c

Really makes for sad readying. No balance, No plans, just lock people up for months and months

I don’t see how the uk have a more stringent lockdown than us in that article? They don’t have a 5 k travel restriction? Sorry we are way worse then then

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Bluwave

opus wrote: »
    This doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, the vaccine that was extended to older people only a few days ago is stopped totally today. Hopefully temporarily.

You can’t expect to administer medicine to millions of people and not expect some side effects.

Omelettes and eggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cherish all the mammies and nanas today that are here and thinking of any not here but watching over, take care everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

opus wrote: »

The UK have given 11 million doses and have just 1 adverse clotting event. Recommend reading the vaccine thread for further discussion on this -> https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058159465&page=323

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,084 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/glance-europes-coronavirus-curfews-lockdowns-75248293

Half of Europe is under curfew.

But as usual, everything is worse in Ireland, according to many.

Irrespective of facts, we pay the highest tax, have the most ineffective politicians and, generally, have it so much worse than anywhere else in the world, regarding everything.

World class whingers is what we are!

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/glance-europes-coronavirus-curfews-lockdowns-75248293

Half of Europe is under curfew.

But as usual, everything is worse in Ireland, according to many.

Irrespective of facts, we pay the highest tax, have the most ineffective politicians and, generally, have it so much worse than anywhere else in the world, regarding everything.

World class whingers is what we are!

Those countries have curfews cause they are open during the day, a hell of a lot of people here would swap that situation for the crap we have here. Also hate when someone constantly attacks their own.

fin12 wrote: »
    Also hate when someone constantly attacks their own.

Unless it's their own government, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭cantalach

Those countries have curfews cause they are open during the day, a hell of a lot of people here would swap that situation for the crap we have here.

And there are a hell of a lot of healthcare workers here who would definitely not swap their situation with the crap in Czech Rep., Poland, Estonia, Italy, Sweden, Hungary, etc. But f*** them if it means we can’t hang out with your friends!

Unless it's their own government, is it?

Well ya if it’s a government I didn’t vote in , I’d have thought that’s pretty obvious.

• Advertisement

cantalach wrote: »
    And there are a hell of a lot of healthcare workers here who would definitely not swap their situation with the crap in Czech Rep., Poland, Estonia, Italy, Sweden, Hungary, etc. But f*** them if it means we can’t hang out with your friends!

Why cause health care workers don’t want to hang out with their friends? the few I know they are mixing away themselves.

Why cause health care workers don’t want to hang out with their friends? the few I know they are mixing away themselves.

You missed my point. The situation in most Continental countries is worse than here, in some cases their numbers are over 10X worse. It is laughable that you wish we were more like them.

Suggestion for you. Open up Google Maps on your phone and turn on the COVID heatmap feature that they recently added. Unless you actually are completely mental, you will sit back relieved and think, “I’m lucky to be in Ireland.” Repeat this 3-4 times a day, as needed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Suggestion for you. Open up Google Maps on your phone and turn on the COVID heatmap feature that they recently added.

I did not know about this.
    Brilliant!

Well ya if it’s a government I didn’t vote in , I’d have thought that’s pretty obvious.

But aren't they "your own"?

Perhaps you'd better define what you mean as "your own" that you don't like to see people giving out about.

Personally, I judge people on their behaviour, not on where they were born.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭saabsaab

MM is a Cork Taoiseach!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

The Lord Mayor is in the paper calling for the Gardaí to be prioritised for the vaccine. https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40244087.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

:confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Pen Rua wrote: »
    The Lord Mayor is in the paper calling for the Gardaí to be prioritised for the vaccine. https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40244087.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

:confused:

Silly stuff.

The vaccine must be targeted to prevent illness and death. And age is the biggest risk factor for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭saabsaab

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Silly stuff.

The vaccine must be targeted to prevent illness and death. And age is the biggest risk factor for both.

Maybe not. I'm sure that a computer model was done somewhere on how to best bring this to an end soonest? It might be a good idea after the most vulnerable are done to target those who spread it most (students?) front line services perhaps.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I did not know about this.
    Brilliant!

It is. A picture speaks a thousand words. It’s a shït show on the Continent at the minute.

546995.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

You missed my point. The situation in most Continental countries is worse than here, in some cases their numbers are over 10X worse. It is laughable that you wish we were more like them.

Suggestion for you. Open up Google Maps on your phone and turn on the COVID heatmap feature that they recently added. Unless you actually are completely mental, you will sit back relieved and think, “I’m lucky to be in Ireland.” Repeat this 3-4 times a day, as needed.

But but but the gubberment...They are not the exact government I voted for so must be incompetent, crap, whatever. Sigh.

• Advertisement

Could any government party handle this pandemic in Ireland, I did feel somewhat more at ease with Leo and Simon at the helm than Micheal and Stephen, MM was too eager to be Taoiseach that he just jumped in

Our health system needs to be a priority even though I cannot fault CUH, above and beyond all super heroes deserve everything they can get even the students in that field

It's being handled quite well..... The few moaners will moan as they always do though to be fair to them.
    When Sinn Fein in opposition don't have much complaints it says it all.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Our health system needs to be a priority even though I cannot fault CUH, above and beyond all super heroes deserve everything they can get

Fully agree. And what they deserve above all else is that we don’t do anything that risks making their jobs more difficult than they already are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

24 new cases in Cork today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I'd happily get the AZ vaccine if they'd allow people to volunteer to get it.

Of the 384 cases notified today:
    •195 are men / 187 are women
    •73% are under 45 years of age
    •The median age is 31 years old
    •145 in Dublin, 41 in Kildare, 37 in Offaly, 29 in Galway, 24 in Cork and the remaining 108 cases are spread across 17 other counties and no deaths both in ROI and NI

24 out of 384 is above our normal share.... Hopefully just an odd day results wise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

unreal case numbers 24 out of 550 000 fair fcuks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭sporina

spotted a gang of bikers on a pit stop down by The Lee Fields today.. not a mask between them - musta been about 20 of em - all young lads.. I was soo tempted to say something (not that it wudda done any good) but as I was walked on - kept my mouth shut :mad:
    none as queer as folk..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

sporina wrote: »
    spotted a gang of bikers on a pit stop down by The Lee Fields today.. not a mask between them - musta been about 20 of em - all young lads.. I was soo tempted to say something (not that it wudda done any good) but as I was walked on - kept my mouth shut :mad:
    none as queer as folk..

You’d be much safer at home curtain twitching and posting online about your near miss

Advertisement