Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Cape Clear wrote: »
    I find Ivan is complete bull tbh. We pay far too much attention to his ilk. Fires a few shots every now and then to keep his profile ticking over. The lack of speaking engagements must be hurting his pocket and denting his ego. An empty vessel.

Alot of the times he talks bull but he spoke sense yesterday .
    The Govt and previous Govt have been utterly incompetent with dealing with the Pandemic, their only solution seems to be lockdown.

No thinking outside the box, no looking at the science like in other countries, or places like Florida, no restrictions on travel for almost a year, no attempt at trying to temporarily reorganise the HSE, their only solution is a blanket lockdown.

They made a mess of trying to secure PPE stocks last March, they gave knowingly incorrect advice on masks as a result.

7 months they had to add extra ICU beds, and they did nothing.

The media are a mouthpiece for the Government, trotting out the same propaganda day after day.

Ireland is one of the least populated countries in the Western world, an island nation, yet we have had the longest and harshest lockdown.
    People have been doing their bit for the last year, adhering to the lockdowns and restrictions, but we are being led by incompetent fools.
    It beggars belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,084 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

it's been 'two more months' for the last 6 ffs, that doesn't cut it anymore

The next two weeks are crucial, we have heard this for a year now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,084 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Zardoz wrote: »
    The media are a mouthpiece for the Government, trotting out the same propaganda day after day.

A view also much espoused by the followers of Trump and alt right leaning people everywhere.

While it is the role of the media to challenge pretty much everything, just because you don't agree with them, doesn't mean that the media are a mouthpiece for anyone.

Most people working in the media have third level educations. I think it's fair to say, that in general, more educated people are more liberal in their outlook they are (I'm open to correction here).
    Should we address the imbalance by pushing more less educated people into working in the media?

Just for clarity, I do not have a third level qualification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Does the ticketmaster office in merchants quay open when non essential is allowed open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

14 additional cases in Cork today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

+14 in Cork

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1371880762228797443

Cork continues to hold 3rd lowest in terms of incidence, now at 51.8 per 100,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

The conversation around county by county levels needs to take place soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Never going to happen unfortunately

Pen Rua wrote: »
    One thing I do not miss is Minister Harris' condescending tone "This is a really important two weeks..."

@ ACE - not sure where you pick up the CUH / Mercy no's, but you seem to have a grasp on what's going on in the hospitals. Do you know of any rumblings in CUMH re visitor restrictions? It's going on 3 months where women cannot have their partners with them for the routine scans & check ups. :(

My friend's partner was only allowed in for the birth in CUMH

Worth noting it is now 11 days since the protest, we'd be seeing any sort of impact from yesterday onwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭saabsaab

KrustyUCC wrote: »

You most likely right. We all know the one county that won't be happy with it.

18 deaths RIP :(

14 down again for Cork that's good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Of course it won’t because that would require nuance in the countries approach to this virus after a year. As I’ve said I’m not someone who thinks we should open up and carry on as if the virus is gone, but I have said that they need to communicate better and come up with a plan(even with the unpredictability of the virus) to give us some hope. I’m not looking for Francis Ford Coppola level screen writing with the plan, but give us something ffs.

Worth noting it is now 11 days since the protest, we'd be seeing any sort of impact from yesterday onwards

There were very few at it, it was outdoors... I don't think any impact was expected TBH.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    .... I’m not looking for Francis Ford Coppola level screen writing with the plan, but give us something ffs.

Non essential retail in May is likely..... 5km to be extended in April is likely. That's all been said iirc.... Construction in April also likely.

Augeo wrote: »
    There were very few at it, it was outdoors... I don't think any impact was expected TBH.
    that's my point, no change in averages yesterday and today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Non essential retail in May is likely..... 5km to be extended in April is likely. That's all been said iirc.... Construction in April also likely.

Likely ? People can’t live and plan stuff on likely for ever. That’s not meant at you personally as I know you’re only repeating what the government said but how many times have we been at supposed points of reopening and they come and go ?

Likely ? People can’t live and plan stuff on likely for ever. That’s not meant at you personally as I know you’re only repeating what the government said but how many times have we been at supposed points of reopening and they come and go ?
    I don't think we'll see anything change april 5th either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I am kind of still hopeful for a return of outdoor sport (golf, tennis, kids sport, etc) and maybe an extension to 20km or own county travel. That would be the absolute max I can see though.

Ludo wrote: »
    I am kind of still hopeful for a return of outdoor sport (golf, tennis, kids sport, etc) and maybe an extension to 20km or own county travel. That would be the absolute max I can see though.
    Completely agree with that.

• Advertisement

Ludo wrote: »
    Completely agree with that.

You agree with the changes described but don't think anything will change?

Indeed, however Boris has caveats in his easing also. UK easing is also only likely..... We've never been able to vaccinate before to be fair.
    Onnce to over 65s & folk with conditions that make them at risk are vaccinated there will be easing of restrictions, that's almost inevitable IMO.

You agree with the changes described but don't think anything will change?
    I don't think anything will change. If it does, I think the max that will change is what the poster outlined.

fin12 wrote: »
    Does the ticketmaster office in merchants quay open when non essential is allowed open?

I would think it would be closed

I don't think anything will change. If it does, I think the max that will change is what the poster outlined.

I read it :)

I read it :)
    Right......

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

Private gatherings in gardens from 1st of April in the North. They have a higher incidence rate than us but more vaccinations of course.
    Cork people have done their part to get the numbers down. The European rollout of the vaccine is the issue now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Rakes of people around the Lough today in the sun sitting in big groups at the church end. At this stage I wouldn't blame anyone. It would be good if people had a bit of restraint tomorrow but I reckon there are going to be parties and big meetups all over the place.

Don't be buying cans. Drown the shamrock in water not alcohol...ffs. Living in lala land.

Covid doesn't like the sun iirc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Gardai have commented fines are likely.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40245821.html

Absurd.

Advertisement