Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

Your opinion meets nothing ill wait and see what the experts say

Indeed, I'll avail of the forum to voice it though ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

Heckler wrote: »
    The experts who have ****ed it all up and have people quivering in fear. 8 people out of 500,000. Gowan away boi. Enjoy your PUP or your stable public servant wage.

Look listen to uncle Tony and you will get all your pup payments for your cans out in the lough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Went for a walk around Mount Oval and Rochestown today, great to see so many people out enjoying the weather. Gards around to see what's happening but not intervening in anyone out and about. Happy Paddy's Day all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,084 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Went for a walk around Mount Oval and Rochestown today, great to see so many people out enjoying the weather. Gards around to see what's happening but not intervening in anyone out and about. Happy Paddy's Day all.

Town buzzing as well and businesses doing well today. Great to see and no silly carry on that I've seen.
    Conversely, I haven't seen a single guard in the city centre,and I've walked around for an hour or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

We'll be told today is the reason things aren't reopening so I'm not as positive on it all as ye are. We'll be into May at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Plenty around the Lough just now but not mental. One motorcycle Guard stopping at the Church end. Big Q outside Galvins so just went up the road to centra. No queues.

Can already hear the distant bass from college road. There are going to be big partys tonight.

titan18 wrote: »
    We'll be told today is the reason things aren't reopening so I'm not as positive on it all as ye are. We'll be into May at this stage

Not much is expected to open in April, construction iirc and the 5km thing also.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40246142.html

EU have travel plans/proposals for summer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Augeo wrote: »
    Not much is expected to open in April, construction iirc and the 5km thing also.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40246142.html

EU have travel plans/proposals for summer :D

We probably won't even be allowed to travel to the airport by summer, and won't have a vaccine even if we are.

Vaccine not a must have... the European Commission proposed that its so-called Digital Green Certificates, which should be free of charge, would be delivered to EU residents who could prove they had been vaccinated, but also to those who tested negative for the virus or had proof they had recovered from it.

On a day with increased figures and positivity rate overall, lower cases than average in Cork.
    10 additional cases today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,074 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

On a day with increased figures and positivity rate overall, lower cases than average in Cork.
    10 additional cases today.

17 additional deaths RIP
    557 new cases with 10 in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

RIP

10 cases is excellent for Cork

As I said during the week, the same few counties are driving cases atm. Kildare, Donegal and Meath all in the top 4 again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Really hope they can get a handle on cases in those counties so

Sad thing is we're going to stuck with same restrictions in Cork unless national cases come down

RedFM reporting that the Garda Public Order Unit have just arrived at the Lough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

https://twitter.com/neilredfm/status/1372244757544591366?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

They came bang on 6pm. No big scene made or anything. They asked people there to politely move on as “they had a good day” with no trouble. No arrests and the Garda had some crack with people too which included returning a stray American football. Some social media pictures and videos circulating are taken from a strategic angles also and have been debunked already as they don’t show how spaced out things were. It was 2 public order vans and I’m not sure those Garda actually left the vans. The ones chatting to people were normal Garda with no batons or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,074 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

As I said during the week, the same few counties are driving cases atm. Kildare, Donegal and Meath all in the top 4 again today.

Kildare and Meath very near Dublin, level 5 for Leinster to continue? Could Munster go level 2 or 3, MM should try it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Kildare and Meath very near Dublin, level 5 for Leinster to continue? Could Munster go level 2 or 3, MM should try it

If the Taoiseach was not from the area he was easing restrictions, maybe, but it would look too much like minding his own if mm did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

The Lord Mayor & his spouse were privileged enough to be allowed to attend Mass today at the Cathedral.

https://www.facebook.com/1623366187914977/posts/2790198597898391/?d=n

I would describe myself as rather into my faith. Daily Mass pre-COVID in addition to Sunday and being very involved with my local church etc, for context. So this struck a chord with me on a number of levels. The faithful have been denied Mass for months by the authorities. The Lord Mayor was in the paper calling for people to not to attend a reasonable protest and here he is at Mass when the other faithful cannot attend due to lockdown restrictions he himself was crying out for people to obey last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,084 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Pen Rua wrote: »
    The Lord Mayor & his spouse were privileged enough to be allowed to attend Mass today at the Cathedral.

I would describe myself as rather into my faith. Daily Mass pre-COVID in addition to Sunday and being very involved with my local church etc, for context. So this struck a chord with me on a number of levels. The faithful have been denied Mass for months by the authorities. The Lord Mayor was in the paper calling for people to not to attend a reasonable protest and here he is at Mass when the other faithful cannot attend due to lockdown restrictions he himself was crying out for people to obey last week.

That's extremely poor judgement for anyone in politics, elected or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

That guy doesn't seem to be the brightest. He is unable to read the room for a start.

There isn't a whimper out of him when it comes to illegal parking, gates closed into Tramore Valley etc.

He loves a photo though. Clown.

His racist comments at the Douglass event recently sum him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Pen Rua wrote: »

Saw that earlier and did think that is particularly stupid of him. Not religious myself but can understand fully why people would want to attend mass and how his special treatment is crap.
    Local priest came and said mass for my elderly mother in her kitchen a few months ago which she was very appreciative of. Very decent of him I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Maybe masked open air masses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,569 ✭✭✭✭siblers

They came bang on 6pm. No big scene made or anything. They asked people there to politely move on as “they had a good day” with no trouble. No arrests and the Garda had some crack with people too which included returning a stray American football. Some social media pictures and videos circulating are taken from a strategic angles also and have been debunked already as they don’t show how spaced out things were. It was 2 public order vans and I’m not sure those Garda actually left the vans. The ones chatting to people were normal Garda with no batons or anything.

Gardai should have been there earlier. Cases are going to spike cause of this kind of ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

saabsaab wrote: »
    Maybe masked open air masses?

The left footers had mass in a field last Autumn where people stayed in their cars and the minister did his thing on an open air altar.

siblers wrote: »
    Gardai should have been there earlier. Cases are going to spike cause of this kind of ****
    People gathering outside?

siblers wrote: »

Sunlight destroys covid...... And there was likely no one with covid there today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Anyone know what the current schedule for second doses for the over 85 year old cohort is? Is there a delay in the second dose or is it usually 3/4 weeks after first dose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,011 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Ludo wrote: »
    Anyone know what the current schedule for second doses for the over 85 year old cohort is? Is there a delay in the second dose or is it usually 3/4 weeks after first dose?

Over 85s are all getting Pfizer/Moderna so should be 3 to 4 weeks later.

Advertisement