Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

When they talk about stubborn numbers etc etc, I wish they'd look at the counties that are causing it. There are lots of counties with low numbers that are looking at locked gyms and shops and other unnecessarily closed places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cork still going strong. I referenced the 5 counties causing issues last week, just proven again today:
    284 in Dublin, 67 in Donegal, 47 in Offaly, 45 in Meath, 44 in Kildare

Donegal and Leinster what's happening, meat plants, funerals, parties etc.,

360 in hospital with 82 in ICU for ROI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I can’t understand why they don’t do regional lockdowns like they did before with Kildare etc. It’s not a new concept to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Rfrip wrote: »
    I can’t understand why they don’t do regional lockdowns like they did before with Kildare etc. It’s not a new concept to them.
    They think it'll take away from the 'all in this together' nonsense. Never have been in it together, Dublin has always been prioritised. Look how long it took them to introduce restrictions in Dublin back in October.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Donegal and Leinster what's happening, meat plants, funerals, parties etc.,

360 in hospital with 82 in ICU for ROI

Dublin issue is population density I'd imagine. New variant much more contagious than the original.
    Donegal is a strange one, was in letterkenny a week ago and the place was deserted.

Factory outbreaks mentioned in news just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

You can be sure of one thing. If the roles were reversed between Cork and Dublin, Leo would be pushing for a move back to the regional approach.

Its a shame Cork doesn't have anyone senior in government.

I thought we'd definitely see regional restrictions in April, May, might happen yet, fingers crossed.

Augeo wrote: »
    Dublin issue is population density I'd imagine. New variant much more contagious than the original.
    Donegal is a strange one, was in letterkenny a week ago and the place was deserted.

Factory outbreaks mentioned in news just now.

The airport is busy with flights too and mandatory hotel quarantine still not in place

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭rodders999

If the counties that are consistently driving up the numbers can’t/won’t get their act together then it’s time to go regional with the lockdowns. I see the EU have pretty much said as much in one of today’s papers.

If they insist on lumping us all in together then people in the counties with low infection rates will just start to give up on the guidelines because there is no end game for them. Continue to keep numbers extremely low.....to stay in level 5 lockdown. Crazy.

Reward the counties that are suppressing the virus and it’s time to start calling out the counties that aren’t and giving the reasons why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Great to see cork so low in case numbers but honesty the government need to have a plan other than what they have and for all we know the plan is a good one but they can’t communicate that at all and if they want to keep the majority of people on board they have give people hope of some light at the end of the tunnel. I mean Boris Johnson is looking like a genius compared to our lot which is something I NEVER a expected to say regardless of government make up.

I mean Stephen Donnelly should never get another seat at cabinet going on his performance at the dept of health. In a dept that at times in its history has been a mess and had some beauties as minister, he elevates all his predecessors simply by being as god awful as he’s been in a short space of time.

• Advertisement

The airport is busy with flights too and mandatory hotel quarantine still not in place

Is the airport busy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Does anyone know when the City Hall Vaccination centre will open ? I've never seen anyone there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Acosta

It isn't

Is the airport busy?

I think it was reported large numbers still incoming from high spots whether returning home or to work or newbies, definitely more traffic than Cork airport

I'll try to find the link reported, could have been Independent

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

TheDriver wrote: »
    When they talk about stubborn numbers etc etc, I wish they'd look at the counties that are causing it. There are lots of counties with low numbers that are looking at locked gyms and shops and other unnecessarily closed places.

I wouldn't mention gyms and shops in the same category.

I think shops should start to open up (with masks etc.), but not gyms.

Is Boots doing private Covid19 testing, antibodies testing and vaccines etc.,?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

boots do testing yes for travel

boots do testing yes for travel

All Boots?

All Boots?

https://www.boots.ie/covid-19-testing-service
    Which stores offer this service?
    This service is currently available in the following pharmacies:

Cork, Half Moon Street
    Cork, Mahon Point
    Dublin, Dawson St
    Dublin, Lower Baggot St
    Donegal, LetterKenny Retail Park
    Galway, Knocknacarra
    Kildare, Naas Monread Shopping Centre
    Meath, Ashbourne
    Offaly, Tullamore
    Waterford, Georges Court

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The airports aren't busy 34k over 4 weeks is 1200 people a day flying in, the majority is probably Dublin Airport, maybe 1000 arrivals a day,I presume all have had Covid tests, it is still too much but there is no point in misrepresentation of the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Is the airport busy?

35,000 arrived to Ireland since the end of Feb to last week and the most popular reason was travel/visit

But people say there’s no one coming here

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the City Hall Vaccination centre will open ? I've never seen anyone there.

Sure MM told us on Feb 12th it would be open “shortly” meanwhile rent on everything is still being paid. Shambles isn’t the word when not 1 single jab has been administered in there

Boots in the north will be doing a roaring trade in July and Aug when they are offering vaccines for cash to people and we are all driving up there cuz our government still won’t have arranged for us to be inoculated here.

The airports aren't busy 34k over 4 weeks is 1200 people a day flying in, the majority is probably Dublin Airport, maybe 1000 arrivals a day,I presume all have had Covid tests, it is still too much but there is no point in misrepresentation of the situation.

You presume they all have tests? In the middle of a pandemic presumptions aren’t good enough IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Boots in the north will be doing a roaring trade in July and Aug when they are offering vaccines for cash to people and we are all driving up there cuz our government still won’t have arranged for us to be inoculated here.

And we can enjoy a nice holiday up there at the same time. Cause no hope for a summer down here according to the clowns we have. Outdoor dining lol yet indoor dining last summer and no vaccine... pure pathetic.

You presume they all have tests? In the middle of a pandemic presumptions aren’t good enough IMO

Tests are mandatory, is there any exceptions? I haven't been in an airport in over a year,you are talking to me like I am someone who is making exceptions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭cantalach

fin12 wrote: »
    And we can enjoy a nice holiday up there at the same time. Cause no hope for a summer down here according to the clowns we have.

Why stop at a nice holiday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,084 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

cantalach wrote: »
    Why stop at a nice holiday?

You are naughty!

I would hope they had tests, it is still alot

• Advertisement

I would hope they had tests, it is still alot
    Everything is relative, compared to 2 years ago there probably would be as many arriving in a day, most are surely for work and professionals going above and beyond the necessary measures,two months ago people arriving with recent covid tests were safer than the majority, thankfully now with lower numbers people are focused on travel again, it's less divisive than reporting neighbours for having a cup of tea together.

Advertisement