Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was it a protest, youth revolt?

Just loads of folk hanging out and a few messers causing trouble it seems, no protest or revolt thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

16 cases in Cork today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

16 cases in Cork today

24 deaths RIP

371 cases

Of the cases notified today:
    • 183 are men / 187 are women
    • 75% are under 45 years of age
    • The median age is 30 years old
    • 151 in Dublin, 31 in Offaly, 27 in Donegal, 25 in Galway, 21 in Meath and the remaining 116 cases are spread across 16 other counties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

76 in ICU, a reduction of 5 since yesterday. Hopefully the reductions keep coming in chunks like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Does anyone know how many were vaccinated today?

• Advertisement

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many were vaccinated today?
    Latest data is Saturday, + circa 8000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

8,000 is around our daily average since vaccines were first administered here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

The best donation anyone could give to Fota would be to Buy an annual pass, if you think you will get even a few visits it will pay for itself and help the park out.

They are currently extending any annual passes so the closed months will be added on to the end.

Absolutely. You go 4 or 5 times and you've made the cost back. But don't forget the €3 parking fee... which goes to the upkeep of Fota House.

Fota should reopen tomorrow, its an absolute disgrace that its closed.

Yeah, I saw the data for Saturday but nothing since then - are you saying that only 8000 have been vaccinated in the last few days? If that's correct it horrendous.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Yeah, I saw the data for Saturday but nothing since then - are you saying that only 8000 have been vaccinated in the last few days? If that's correct it horrendous.
    No, that's 8000 for Saturday alone. Average per day is around 16-17 thousand per day. It's lower at the weekends because deliveries arrive on Sundays and get used earlier in the week.

• Advertisement

No, that's 8000 for Saturday alone. Average per day is around 16-17 thousand per day. It's lower at the weekends because deliveries arrive on Sundays and get used earlier in the week.

Where are you getting that 16/17000 per day figure?

Where are you getting that 16/17000 per day figure?
    https://twitter.com/COVID19DataIE

Look back past last week because AZ was stopped and won't take effect until later this week.

Thursday 11th +19121
    Wednesday 10th +17230
    Tuesday 9th +16544

Same the week before
    Thursday 4th +19228
    Wednesday 3rd +14008
    Tuesday 2nd +14163

Remaining days have less or more depending on weekly delivery schedules

https://twitter.com/COVID19DataIE

Look back past last week because AZ was stopped and won't take effect until later this week.

Thursday 11th +19121
    Wednesday 10th +17230
    Tuesday 9th +16544

Same the week before
    Thursday 4th +19228
    Wednesday 3rd +14008
    Tuesday 2nd +14163

Remaining days have less or more depending on weekly delivery schedules

The first vaccine was administered here December 30th 2020.
    Last information we got was March 20th 2021
    That’s 90 days in between
    The last figure we had on March 20th was 676,000 administered in total. I’m rounding it up for arguments sake

Divide 676,000 by 90 days you get 7,512 again that’s rounded up.

Our daily figure, on average, since we begun administering vaccines is under 8,000. The reasons as to why are debatable but the average is not.

The first vaccine was administered here December 30th 2020.
    Last information we got was March 20th 2021
    That’s 90 days in between
    The last figure we had on March 20th was 676,000 administered in total. I’m rounding it up for arguments sake

Divide 676,000 by 90 days you get 7,512 again that’s rounded up.

Our daily figure, on average, since we begun administering vaccines is under 8,000. The reasons as to why are debatable but the average is not.
    That's not really how measurements of central tendency works when things are increasing exponentially but whatever floats your boat

That's not really how measurement of central tendency works when things are increasing exponentially but whatever floats your boat

Hang on a minute now ACE. You don’t need to be a maths whizz to work out an average. In the 90 days since Ireland started the vaccine rollout our average is under 8,000 per day

You cannot say it’s anything else.

Im not talking about selective days, weeks, nothing. Since we started the figure stands at, on average, under 8,000 a day. That’s a fact.

Hang on a minute now ACE. You don’t need to be a maths whizz to work out an average. In the 90 days since Ireland started the vaccine rollout our average is under 8,000 per day

You cannot say it’s anything else.

Im not talking about selective days, weeks, nothing. Since we started the figure stands at, on average, under 8,000 a day. That’s a fact.
    You've included outliers, days in which there was 1 vaccine approved, 2 vaccines approved, etc. Fact. Anyway, it's completely irrelevant, this is the Cork thread.

Thanks ACE - that's still not great but not as bad as I imagined.

You've included outliers, days in which there was 1 vaccine approved, 2 vaccines approved, etc. Fact. Anyway, it's completely irrelevant, this is the Cork thread.

Oh right. So let me get this straight, when a person asks a question in the thread it’s ok for you to respond. But when your challenged on giving mis information, (you said the average per day is 16-17,000) on the daily averages, all of a sudden it’s not relevant, why?because you said so? Are you now a mod?

Their were no outliers in the original question or in your response until I gave the real daily average. I even included in my post that many reasons are behind the figures but the cold hard truth is it’s less then 8,000 a day since it commenced.
    If you want to post revised numbers including your outliers then by all means do as I for one would appreciate seeing how things ramped up when these outliers are factored in but don’t continue to try and deny a basic maths equation.

**Edit
    Average per day is around 16-17 thousand per day.
    If this was in fact true Ireland would on over double the number of vaccinations that we were given last Saturday, somewhere around 1,450,000 but unfortunately we are no where near this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Jaysus lads, would ya chill.

Cleary you are both talking about different things.

One is the recent average, over the last few weeks, and the other is the all-time average.

In other news, did I hear nphet pooh poohing the idea of regional lockdowns on the radio today because our country is too small?

pwurple wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, would ya chill.

Cleary you are both talking about different things.

One is the recent average, over the last few weeks, and the other is the all-time average.

In other news, did I hear nphet pooh poohing the idea of regional lockdowns on the radio today because our country is too small?

Didn’t hear today but I know in the briefing last night they said something to the effect of the counties doing good this week won’t be next week and vise versa. Was baffling to me and think it was in here their was some chat on that too as it’s been the same county’s topping the cases chart each day for a good while now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The walk in PCR testing they have started today in higher case areas is as close as to any regional differences there will be.

From Richard Chambers
    Regional approach:
    Micheál Martin says “area by area” approach would be more in the way of rapid localised testing in areas of high outbreak than a county lockdown basis.
    Taoiseach says he’s not going there on whether that difference between “wet pubs” and gastro pubs will be scrapped.
    He says the priority is preventing a fourth wave - there are a number of countries seeing a new surge in cases.
    Taoiseach not being drawn in specific measures.

The only regional approach they are thinking about is 'enhanced local public health responses' which is basically walk-in testing and additional tracing resources

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

More trouble apparently in the direct provision centre in the Kinsale Road. As well as an outbreak in Carrick on Suir in another DP centre. Its the same old places all the time that get these outbreaks

frank8211 wrote: »
    More trouble apparently in the direct provision centre in the Kinsale Road. As well as an outbreak in Carrick on Suir in another DP centre. Its the same old places all the time that get these outbreaks

Is more refugees immigrants coming in to Ireland?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is more refugees immigrants coming in to Ireland?

I dont think thats the issue there. As far as I know new arrivals spend a few months in a reception centre in Baleaskin, near Swords and then get decanted to centres around the country. Subject to correction on this.

frank8211 wrote: »
    Speaking of - that Travelodge is Cork Airport's mandatory quarantine hotel.

Right near the DP centre.....

From South America and South Africa red listed country travellers who could fly into the UK or Europe getting in unquarantined then, I would think flights from anywhere would require the mandatory testing and hotel quarantine etc., imho

• Advertisement

Hospital numbers as of 8pm

In Hospital 325 (decrease of 17)
    In ICU 76 (decrease 4)

1 death in hospital the last 24hrs

Last Tuesday
    In hospital 349
    ICU 85

Going Down

Advertisement