Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Some good news - as of 8pm last night the Mercy is COVID-free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Be right back

Some good news - as of 8pm last night the Mercy is COVID-free.

Fabulous!

frank8211 wrote: »
    Right near the DP centre.....

The folk mandated to stay in the Travel Lodge will be under security procedures, they won't be able to wander up to the DP centre for a stroll or anything.

The proximity of the DP centre to the Travel Lodge has no significance whatsoever.

Question: Has anyone else noticed post office staff around the city not wearing masks? I've been to Passage and Douglas post offices 4-5 times in the past 2 weeks and none of them wear masks, I've heard it's not just those two post offices either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭ofcork

They are behind the counter completely separated from the outside area by glass etc in my local post office anyway.

• Advertisement

No doubt that's the "logic" behind it but the air mixes from one side of the glass to the other, they should be wearing masks.

ofcork wrote: »
    They are behind the counter completely separated from the outside area by glass etc in my local post office anyway.
    They're not working alone though, none of the people in there wear masks. Found it shocking tbh in March 2021 to see employees not wearing masks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Question: Has anyone else noticed post office staff around the city not wearing masks? I've been to Passage and Douglas post offices 4-5 times in the past 2 weeks and none of them wear masks, I've heard it's not just those two post offices either

Yes I have noticed the same

I think the pension payments should go back to fortnightly with no electronic signing, I collect for an uncle and I hate signing as it not cleaned

14 cases in Cork today

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

14 cases in Cork today

~12% of the population with 2% of the cases.

Real capital.

• Advertisement

18 further COVID19 related deaths (RIP) and 683 cases (14 Cork)

308 in Dublin, 68 in Donegal, 49 in Kildare, 35 in Meath, 30 in Offaly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    18 further COVID19 related deaths (RIP) and 683 cases (14 Cork)

308 in Dublin, 68 in Donegal, 49 in Kildare, 35 in Meath, 30 in Offaly

Same five counties again more or less with the big numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Cork back down to second last at 42.9 cases per 100,000

Sad to think we'll be treated to the exact same restrictions as the worst areas until at least mid may

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Same five counties again more or less with the big numbers.

And not one walk-in centre in Donegal, Kildare or Meath. Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Kildare the nearest to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

Cork has made a huge effort to reduce Covid by not meeting in houses and instead heading to public parks. Anyone can see the complete boom in coffee stands to reflect this.

The only recognition of this effort to date have been Garda checkpoints to try and clamp down these outdoor meetings.....

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1365630082388267011

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,010 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The entire Cork city is within 5km of the Marina. Pointless exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Same on Bandon Road and High Street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Heard members of staff (young and healthy people) who work in an opticians have been vaccinated today in the South Infirmary. Why would these get them before all the elderly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Heard members of staff (young and healthy people) who work in an opticians have been vaccinated today in the South Infirmary. Why would these get them before all the elderly?

They are frontline healthcare workers. Like dentists, orthodontists, ophthalmologists etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

pwurple wrote: »
    They are frontline healthcare workers. Like dentists, orthodontists, ophthalmologists etc.

Thanks. I didn’t think of it that way and found it strange. I suppose when they are face to face with people for long periods of time, in an enclosed space it makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

frank8211 wrote: »
    Right near the DP centre.....

I don't understand what this is supposed to mean... Frank?

You would think by know testing centres would be at least sorted in all counties

I thought Kildare had The Curragh Army Base as a testing centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    You would think by know testing centres would be at least sorted in all counties

I thought Kildare had The Curragh Army Base as a testing centre

Punchestown race course was one back in December.

I know some special needs assistants autism teaching aids etc., getting tested tomorrow in PUC, I assumed by now all hospital staff and care home staff are vaccinated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

pwurple wrote: »

Absolute bollix opticians getting it before pensioners farce

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Had to bring a family member to get a Covid test yesterday and the test centre was the quietest I’ve ever seen it. While we were there, there was only one other car, no cars going in either as we were coming out.
    Was reassuring to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

I work with special needs people, including care facilities where they haven't yet been vaccinated and my agency still hasn't received our invitation for vaccination.

If opticians have gotten it before us I'm going to the paper because the people in the homes I work in have been sick and died over and over. I haven't heard of that happening with any optician.

Absolute bollix opticians getting it before pensioners farce

I imagine the opticians are likely getting the AZ vaccine?
    Opticians are considered frontline...... https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/rollout-covid-19-vaccines-ireland.html#p2

Group 2
    Frontline healthcare workers
    Frontline healthcare workers were the second group to be offered COVID-19 vaccines. This is because they have a greater risk of becoming infected with COVID-19.

We are now vaccinating at hospital and community services sites around the country, and at special clinics for GPs and their practice staff.

It's no secret they are being vaccinated.

Pensioners (over 70s anyway are Group 3) is also in progress.......

Group 3
    People aged 70 and older
    Vaccination of people aged 70 and older living in the community is happening now. We are vaccinating this group in stages so that the people most at risk from COVID-19 are vaccinated first.

Order of vaccinations for people over 70
    Vaccinations will be offered in the following order to people aged:

85 and older.
    80 to 84.
    75 to 79.
    70 to 74.
    We expect to have everyone in this group vaccinated, with both doses, by the middle of May.

There's no scandal here, it's the rollout as per the HSE plan. Nothing is perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

I work with special needs people, including care facilities where they haven't yet been vaccinated and my agency still hasn't received our invitation for vaccination.

If opticians have gotten it before us I'm going to the paper because the people in the homes I work in have been sick and died over and over. I haven't heard of that happening with any optician.

Their risk is the same as yours so not sure why you’re getting so aggressive.

They are literally in peoples faces all day long.

Advertisement