Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

What's with the hate for frontline workers? Opticians work within a couple of inches of people's faces. Obviously they are part of the HCW cohort, that's group 2.

Those over 65 in long term care facilities are Group 1.

You can see the progress here on each of the cohorts
    https://covid19.shanehastings.eu/vaccines/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Finally passed 500,000 having received a vaccine (as of Monday), with approximately 186,000 of those having received their second dose as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Is there a breakdown anywhere showing vaccinations by county?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

saabsaab wrote: »
    Is there a breakdown anywhere showing vaccinations by county?
    there is not, no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I work with special needs people, including care facilities where they haven't yet been vaccinated and my agency still hasn't received our invitation for vaccination.

If opticians have gotten it before us I'm going to the paper because the people in the homes I work in have been sick and died over and over. I haven't heard of that happening with any optician.

They absolutely have. Had it confirmed to me this morning.

• Advertisement

If opticians have gotten it before us I'm going to the paper because the people in the homes I work in have been sick and died over and over. I haven't heard of that happening with any optician.

I can't see the paper being over interested tbh ......... it's on the HSE website for all to see........... https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/rollout-covid-19-vaccines-ireland.html#p2

Weekend Vaccination numbers very low again.
    36,198 handed out Friday - Monday including only 4,069 on Sunday.

Average over the 4 days was a little over 9,000

Still awaiting this big ramp up we were promised to hit 35,000 a day for the 250,000 a week figure
    All the nurses saying they have been waiting 3/4 months, after sending in their 14 page application, to become approved to administer vaccines and that the HSE have been losing their details and requesting the same information over and over again is very worrying also, A few ministers have questioned Donnelly in the dail on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Fair play to all the TDs now speaking out to get the 5k travel restriction lifted. Nice to hear some good news for a change.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Weekend Vaccination numbers very low again.
    36,198 handed out Friday - Monday including only 4,069 on Sunday.

Average over the 4 days was a little over 9,000

Still awaiting this big ramp up we were promised to hit 35,000 a day for the 250,000 a week figure
    All the nurses saying they have been waiting 3/4 months, after sending in their 14 page application, to become approved to administer vaccines and that the HSE have been losing their details and requesting the same information over and over again is very worrying also, A few ministers have questioned Donnelly in the dail on it.

Only 4k on Sunday because they used up all available distributable supply during the week. Spreading out a manageable amount of doses over 7 days makes zero sense when it can be done in 5/6 days.

This is the issue with daily data. Taking days in isolation makes no sense when there is a bigger pattern to spot here. The vaccination system at the minute is able to do 250k+ doses per week so it makes complete sense than they can do 80k doses in 5 days rather than taking 7 to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

310 in hospitals as of last night, there was 366 in there on Sunday night. Hopefully keeps falling like that.

Even Leo today saying getting the cases below 500 etc will be very hard with the UK variant's transmission. Hopefully it's a sign they will begin to think outside this insular bubble of case numbers they have had.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Corholio wrote: »
    310 in hospitals as of last night, there was 366 in there on Sunday night. Hopefully keeps falling like that.

Even Leo today saying getting the cases below 500 etc will be very hard with the UK variant's transmission. Hopefully it's a sign they will begin to think outside this insular bubble of case numbers they have had.

More rubbish from him. If Cork was Ireland, we’d have had 112 cases in the country yesterday. Why does Level 5 work in Cork against B117 but not elsewhere?

Cork is buzzing too. There’s plenty of people out and about. We’re doing something right and other counties are doing it wrong. Someone has to get to the bottom of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Relative just came back from Dunnes in bishopstown, said they are just selling everything now, not stopping people going past the barriers and allowing them to buy it with sales on too etc. Girl at the counter said they were told to just sell them because if they get fined they'll just pay it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

Relative just came back from Dunnes in bishopstown, said they are just selling everything now, not stopping people going past the barriers and allowing them to buy it with sales on too etc. Girl at the counter said they were told to just sell them because if they get fined they'll just pay it.

They are a horrible shower in there to work for. Really the managers are the rudest bunch. I would be scared if I was an employee to tell them no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

18 cases in Cork today

18 cases in Cork today

3 deaths RIP with 606 new confirmed cases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ya I was in m & s today and pretty sure the clothes section seemed open. I was heading to the food but it did look like people could browse the clothes section.

Corks incidence is now 42. Second lowest in the country after Kilkenny which at 40.

249 in Dublin, 57 in Donegal, 39 in Kildare, 32 in Meath, 31 in Louth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

pwurple wrote: »
    They are frontline healthcare workers. Like dentists, orthodontists, ophthalmologists etc.

Tbf poster said staff working in an opticians. That could include sales people who imo should not be a priority.

• Advertisement

Corks incidence is now 42. Second lowest in the country after Kilkenny which at 40.

I thought Kerry or Leitrim was lowest

titan18 wrote: »
    Tbf poster said staff working in an opticians. That could include sales people who imo should not be a priority.

It was ALL staff. Not just opticians to clarify

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

It was ALL staff. Not just opticians to clarify

It doesn't surprise me...

There's almost as many opticians as there are pharmacies. Always a sign of a bit of a racket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,010 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Mardyke wrote: »
    It doesn't surprise me...

There's almost as many opticians as there are pharmacies. Always a sign of a bit of a racket.

1*ulyaRZIuy7x60aYdfk9zZA.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Their risk is the same as yours so not sure why you’re getting so aggressive.

They are literally in peoples faces all day long.
    Employees in residential care facilities for disabled people are also in extremely close contact, providing personal care, dealing with bodily fluids. Their clients are often vulnerable, due to comprehension difficulties and usually have at least one underlying condition. They often don't have a voice and generally have nobody to fight for recognition of their vulnerability except the people who care for them.

I don't think I'm being aggressive but I am incredibly angry that opticians would be higher priority, even though they're not even remotely as high risk as special needs people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

They are not a higher priority, they are the same priority.

The vaccine deployment is not putting every person in the country in one queue , ordering them all individually by how deserving they are and then vaccinating. It’s got some very big buckets instead.

All HCW are in one big bucket. That is how some nurses were done in the first few days and others have not got a jab yet.

And the roll out and call up is deeply flawed which doesn’t help. There are multiple ways of registering. My family members who got the jabs registered themselves in 4 different ways before they got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I don't think I'm being aggressive but I am incredibly angry that opticians would be higher priority, even though they're not even remotely as high risk as special needs people.
    Wouldn't an optician see way more new people day to day than someone working in residential care?

COVID-19 14-day incidence rates per 100,000 population by Local Electoral Area (LEA), Cork 09/03/2021 to 22/03/2021

Bandon-Kinsale - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 11 (+3), LEA rate per 100k pop: 30 (+8)

Bantry-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 7 (+3), LEA rate per 100k pop: 31.2 (+9)

Carrigaline - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 8 (-7), LEA rate per 100k pop: 23 (-20)

Cobh - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 22 (-5), LEA rate per 100k pop: 64 (-14)

Cork City North East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 20 (-12), LEA rate per 100k pop: 47 (-29)

Cork City North West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 31 (+11), LEA rate per 100k pop: 77 (+27)

Cork City South Central - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 38 (+5), LEA rate per 100k pop: 98 (+13)

Cork City South East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 18 (+2), LEA rate per 100k pop: 42 (+5)

Cork City South West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 11 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: 23 (-)

Fermoy - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 30 (-3), LEA rate per 100k pop: 82 (-9)

Kanturk - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 6 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: 24 (-)

Macroom - Confirmed Cases in LEA: <5 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: <5 (-)

Mallow - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 29 (-2), LEA rate per 100k pop: 100 (-6)

Midleton - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 20 (-13), LEA rate per 100k pop: 44 (-29)

Skibbereen-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: <5 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: <5 (-)

16 cases in Cork today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Still doing very well thankfully

Advertisement