Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

16 cases in Cork today

And zero in Kerry I think. This part of the country has hopefully gotten this virus under control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

National ICU numbers down 20 from this day last week.
    Hospital numbers down 19 from same period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Seems like more admin mistakes from the HSE today. The vaccination center down the pairc was frantically ringing pharmacies at lunch time to invite any staff that can make it down, on a first come first served basis, to get vaccinated. A lot better then the mess in Dublin yesterday but still makes you wonder when they can’t get right on a small scale currently how are they going to get it right on a large scale starting next week when they have over a million dose’s to administer

....... when they can’t get right on a small scale currently how are they going to get it right on a large scale starting next week when they have over a million dose’s to administer

Iirc it's 1m per month April onwards.
    It'll invariably not go smoothly, that's the nature of any project. They'll get it done though.

Augeo wrote: »
    Iirc it's 1m per month April onwards.
    It'll invariably not go smoothly, that's the nature of any project. They'll get it done though.

April is next week....

Tbf I think Donnelly said on Wednesday they should have the delivery of at least 1.1 million doses over the next 7-10 days so hopefully your right and they get it done with no more scandals like yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Seems like more admin mistakes from the HSE today. The vaccination center down the pairc was frantically ringing pharmacies at lunch time to invite any staff that can make it down, on a first come first served basis, to get vaccinated. A lot better then the mess in Dublin yesterday but still makes you wonder when they can’t get right on a small scale currently how are they going to get it right on a large scale starting next week when they have over a million dose’s to administer

With Beacon given vaccines to it's CEO's kids private school, the roll out is bad, where is the HSE and Health Minister on this :mad: vulnerable elderly and frontliners still waiting

Apologies, my point was they don't plan to administer 1m doses next week, 250k/week once they have the supply is the plan.
    If they get them I'd be confident theyll get them into arms. But as with any project of that scale it won't be seamlessly perfect. They'll inevitably be problems, issues etc. And the media will let us all know etc etc

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Of the 20 mortalaties reported today
    • 11 occurred in March
    • 3 occurred in February
    • 6 occurred in January
    • Median age: 73
    • Age range: 57-91

Of the 584 cases notified today
    • Male: 297
    • Female: 286
    • Under 45 years old: 420 (72%)
    • Median age: 34

We've crossed the 700,000 mark on vaccinations. These numbers are upto as far as 3 days ago., so I'm guessing we're actually closer to 750,0000 by tomorrow

Vaccination Numbers - Up to Tuesday 23rd March
    • Total doses: 709,348 (+18,899)
    • First dose: 515,800 (+12,004)
    • Second: 193,548 (+6,895)

The vaccine roll out needs to be quicker and faster for the most vulnerable

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The vaccine roll out needs to be quicker and faster for the most vulnerable

Yes, the group 4 folk AFAIK there isn't a known time to complete. At least over 70s can assured (ish) they'll be vaccinated by mid May.

Increased supply from now on should help though.

With Beacon given vaccines to it's CEO's kids private school, the roll out is bad, where is the HSE and Health Minister on this :mad: vulnerable elderly and frontliners still waiting

The Beacon is required going forward for the roll-out so there's not much the HSE can do.
    Looking for sanctions etc isn't in the public interest.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

wtf thats as bad as the beacon -ridiculous

The Beacon is required going forward for the roll-out so there's not much the HSE can do.
    Looking for sanctions etc isn't in the public interest.

You would think after Coombe debacle this would not happen

Money Talks

CEO of Beacon has behaved very poorly, not much hse can do about it

CEO of Beacon has behaved very poorly, not much hse can do about it

Dismissal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Dismissal?

Its a privately ran hospital.

Dismissal?

HSE are completely powerless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

wtf thats as bad as the beacon -ridiculous

My understanding is each vial contains a certain number of doses and one extra but that due to imprecise measures thats normally never used but the more careful the more likely that it is still there after the other doses used. So they might have doses for 100 people that if measurement is very very good could actually end up at say 120 doses. So they cant depend on having extra but they may end up with some and they must then be used quickly.

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Its a privately ran hospital.

Hopefully the board would want the CEO out, bad publicity

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

This is why I would love to walk in at the end of the day and see if there's any spare vaccines. For obvious reasons, they can't have everyone walking in off the streets either. There's going to be mess ups with large scale vaccinations.

a reserve list should be made and people should be on standby -double bookings is happening all over the place same person is getting booked in twice leading to left overs.
    HSE piss up brewery you know it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Apologies, my point was they don't plan to administer 1m doses next week, 250k/week once they have the supply is the plan.
    If they get them I'd be confident theyll get them into arms. But as with any project of that scale it won't be seamlessly perfect. They'll inevitably be problems, issues etc. And the media will let us all know etc etc

I don’t know why we accept that. Other jurisdictions are managing a smooth roll out.

I’ve run large projects smoothly, its a pure cop out to say it’s not even possible to manage it better. They had almost a year to get a process designed.

Think about this. In that same time, multiple pharma companies have each designed the vaccines , rolled out multi stage trials on a global scale. Not even your usual trials for therapeutics , where you have a pool of sick people and you treat to see if the treatment is effective, but instead large scale trial designs for a healthy population, to see if they get sick. Opposite to normal. On top of that, They have also built manufacturing processes to ramp up vaccine production on a scale never humanly seen before. Designed systems to track batches globally, with complex cold chain requirements where the expiry date changes based on storage conditions. And all of this in the context of disruption in workforce due to illness, chaotic distribution chain , political upheaval. Granted AZ missed targets , but the others are doing better, and they have gotten a heck of a lot right.

The hse in the meantime can’t stand up a working form to register for the vaccine. Have no way to identify who has had the jab or not. Ends up in weird situations where the nurse giving the vaccine hasn’t had it themselves. And worst of all, SAT on their hands for almost a MONTH with doses in the freezer before starting the roll out. Because ya know, Christmas.

I think it’s pretty shameful, and we should be embarrassed.

That being said, I think on the ground they are doing the best they can, and it looks like it’s working!

ICU numbers down to 66 today.

Total cases in CUH at 9 this evening, and mercy has 1.

HSE are completely powerless.

HSE are completely useless and have been for years -people on trolleys instead of beds, waiting lists for years -3rd world conditions disgraceful

pwurple wrote: »

I’ve run large projects smoothly, its a pure cop out to say it’s not even possible to manage it better. They had almost a year to get a process designed.

Think about this. In that same time, multiple pharma companies have each designed the vaccines , rolled out multi stage trials on a global scale. .....

Think about this.... The pharma companies you speak of are all experiencing problems in delivering the quantities they've committed to.

I've no doubt all the large projects you ran smoothly weren't without problems, challenges and folk criticising you at various times, you might have been oblivious to it of course.

I can't fathom how you take issue with '250k/week once they have the supply is the plan.
    If they get them I'd be confident theyll get them into arms. But as with any project of that scale it won't be seamlessly perfect.'

I said it won't be seamlessly perfect. Nothing at that scale can be. Thousands of folk performing a function in a new system that involves 80% of the adults in the nation. You've been involved in nothing like that to be fair and if you can't appreciate my viewpoint I'd question your project experience to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭.red.

a reserve list should be made and people should be on standby -double bookings is happening all over the place same person is getting booked in twice leading to left overs.
    HSE piss up brewery you know it

There are reserve lists. My dad was on one thru a charity he volunteers with. I think it was with a a few different doctors surgeries local to the charity. He was told if he got a call he might only get 30 mins notice and if he couldn't make it then the next person down would get a call.
    He actually got a call from his own doctor tho as his age group came up there before a spare jab elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭opus

Dismissal?

Think I heard on the radio earlier that the CEO owns 20% of the business & Denis O'Brien owns the rest so don't think he'll be dismissed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

pwurple wrote: »
    I don’t know why we accept that. Other jurisdictions are managing a smooth roll out.

Are they though? Or is it just that you have not heard about it?

A very quick google shows the same happening all over the world to varying degrees. People of all ages are queuing outside centres in some places in the hope of getting a leftover vaccine.

Not defending a decision to give it to teachers in a private school. But would the out cry be as bad if they gave it to teachers in a school right next door to them? Probably not.

opus wrote: »
    Think I heard on the radio earlier that the CEO owns 20% of the business & Denis O'Brien owns the rest so don't think he'll be dismissed.

How many businesses and properties is Denis O Brien involved in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The backlash will be extensive, the ceo better have some dirt

Corholio wrote: »
    National ICU numbers down 20 from this day last week.
    Hospital numbers down 19 from same period.

I hope recovered not deceased

Cork and Kerry especially, their numbers are good

• Advertisement

This is why I would love to walk in at the end of the day and see if there's any spare vaccines. For obvious reasons, they can't have everyone walking in off the streets either. There's going to be mess ups with large scale vaccinations.

This is my point. We have posters coming in daily telling us how great the HSE is doing. They aren’t doing great. They are doing the bare minimum that’s it. It’s been an absolute shambles on the small scale and no way the large scale will be better

Advertisement