Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

On the Beacon even Tho it’s a private hospital they misused STATE assists. So whist the HSE don’t run them the state and the law makers can prosecute them as the things they gave out didn’t belong to them.

Will it happen tho? Considering Leo’s fella works for one of the companies involved, absolutely not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

On the Beacon even Tho it’s a private hospital they misused STATE assists. So whist the HSE don’t run them the state and the law makers can prosecute them as the things they gave out didn’t belong to them.

Will it happen tho? Considering Leo’s fella works for one of the companies involved, absolutely not!

So theft

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So theft

Yes exactly! The vaccines belonged to the state. Not The Beacon. Whilst the state cannot tell the hospital to sanction the person who gave them
    To the teachers, the state can absolutely sanction them for stealing state owned assets.

Again I ask tho, will they? Absolutely not! Leo’s boyfriend and Denis O Brien are bang in the middle of this so it will all disappear like the Coombe hospital stuff did

a reserve list should be made and people should be on standby -double bookings is happening all over the place same person is getting booked in twice leading to left overs.
    HSE piss up brewery you know it

We were promised a reserve list after what happened in the Coombe when the family members got jabbed over fear of vaccines going to waste!

Yes exactly! The vaccines belonged to the state. Not The Beacon. Whilst the state cannot tell the hospital to sanction the person who gave them
    To the teachers, the state can absolutely sanction them for stealing state owned assets.
    Again I ask tho, will they? Absolutely not! Leo’s boyfriend and Denis O Brien are bang in the middle of this so it will all disappear like the Coombe hospital stuff did

If Twitter chatter is true Cullen the CEO arranged for that school despite nearer schools and cancer patients in the hospital not vaccinated, it's an awful disgrace, the government in power and opposition should do something, a private school in a different county way more than 5km away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Augeo wrote: »

I can't fathom how you take issue with '250k/week once they have the supply is the plan.

I’m saying if they can’t manage the tiny amount they have now, I will be very happily surprised if they can ramp it up successfully. There are a lot of warning flags up.

Report back on your booking experience later. :) I’ve seen the booking process that currently exists... it’s not good. I foresee people in day long queues rather than getting appointments. Let’s see.

Muddling this stuff together is acceptable to some people. It’s below my standards.

(I’m not even going to entertain the unnecessary personal insult)

My take on it is that in April & May the vast bulk of the doses supplied will be administered, that's a successful ramp up.
    Booking experience? You were selling yourself as a smooth large project manager a post ago.... Report back on what the largest project you ever managed was later :)

The vaccine project is like all projects about end result, the Beacon thing is a disgrace, it's privileged folk looking after their own. The vaccine roll out can't be judged on a case of private sector CEO making a woeful decision.

I've not insulted you at all, if reality insults you that's on you. Trying to make your past project successes somehow relevant here is nuts. Literally nothing but uncollaborated heresay that's off topic.

Your muddling & standards comments are deluded, folk will criticise the vaccine roll out inevitably, like fans on the sidelines.

Ludo wrote: »
    Are they though? Or is it just that you have not heard about it?

A very quick google shows...

I am getting my information from chatting to people in other countries, family, friends, work. People who have appointment letters already for their jab scheduled in May or June. People showing me the local center set up for distribution. People with their vaccine status evidence available on a system that they can look up. Centralised system.

I have seen the city hall set up here in Cork. It’s basically a set of cubicles. The intent there is that GPs with small offices book those cubes themselves and then arrange their patients to come in.

All the admin workload of finding people, tracking, following up is pushed to the GP instead of being centrally coordinated. The problem is that it will be wildly variable and inconsistent depending on where you live and who your doctor is. And people will inevitably be missed and/or double booked.

The workload is flowing downstream to an under resourced part of our health system. The GPs are being handed shovels and told to go dig the channel tunnel in their spare time...

pwurple wrote: »
    The workload is flowing downstream to an under resourced part of our health system. The GPs are being handed shovels and told to go dig the channel tunnel in their spare time...

Come June we can look at % administered to amount supplied to judge how its going
    Using your analogy practically no doses could be administered, unless of course you are exaggerating wildly. Time will tell.

I.....

I have seen the city hall set up here in Cork. It’s basically a set of cubicles. .....

What else would it be, it's a vaccination centre :confused:

• Advertisement

. Report back on what the largest project you ever managed was later :)

Looking for my CV is it? Sure, and my address and passport too no doubt. I’ll send those right over, check the post.

If you can’t contribute without goading or being fairly stalker-y, I’m afraid you become a member of my blocked list. Ta-ra.

Looking for my CV is it? Sure, and my address and passport too no doubt. I’ll send those right over, check the post.

If you can’t contribute without goading or being fairly stalker-y, I’m afraid you become a member of my blocked list. Ta-ra.

You are the one who told me to report back with my booking experience iirc. I simply responded to that querying your pm experience rhetorically, I thought you might reflect on what you were saying in the context of project management, deliverables and the inevitable problems project managers experience but hey ho ....
    I've no interest in your PM experience, your comments on the projects you've ran actually tell me all I need to know. I'd have no interest in your CV either, I've plenty kindling.
    You mention goading and refer to me as stalkery, lol.

677 positive swabs, 4.17% positivity on 16,221 tests.
    7 day test positivity is 4.1%.

- Saturday, March 20th 2021

632 positive swabs, 3.11% positivity on 20,335 tests.
    7 day test positivity is 3.5%.

- Saturday, March 27th 2021

Cases are down today compared to this day last week.
    Testing higher numbers this week most likely down to the walk in clinics
    Also a drop in the positivity rate from 4.1 down to 3.5

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0326/1206464-virus-vaccine-rollout/

The number of Covid-19 patients in ICU has reduced further to 64, out of a total of 304 cases in hospital. No figures on how many of these people were admitted to hospital because of Covid and how many contracted it while in hospital for other issues

The number of people in ICU with the disease has now reduced by over two thirds (70%) since a peak of 221 on 24 January.

They cannot possibly keep the country level 5 any longer. It would be criminal to do so.

Wednesday the 24th, the last day we have data for, saw 21,969 vaccines administered – the highest number we’ve ever administered in a day. The Government is still on track to miss its March vaccination target by a substantial margin.

The total number of doses administered, as of the 24th, was 732,678, with 529,984 of those being the 1st dose, and 202,694 of those being 2nd doses. The average number of doses administered per day, over the last seven days, is now 12,951.

This means the Government has only seven days left in which to administer 517,322 vaccines if they plan to hit their original target of administering 1.25m vaccines by the end of March.

We would need to administer 73,903 vaccines every day between Thursday the 25th and Wednesday the 31st of March in order to achieve that number.

It appears clear that we will miss the March target by a rather substantial amount, most likely somewhere in the region of 350-450,000 vaccinations.

The Government has blamed this on supply issues, and that is certainly part of the issue, but HSE figures show that, as of the start of this week, there were 175,345 unused vaccines in the country – we had received 855,360 vaccines as of last Sunday but had only administered 680,015 by that date. More deliveries are expected to arrive this week and next.

So the 7 day average sits at approx 13,000.(Not 16-17000 that was claimed in here recently) The Dailey average needs to be ramped up to around 35,000 to hit the 250,000 target

Also mind boggling the amounts of vaccines just sitting in storage when GPs up and down the country are crying out for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

21 in Cork today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

21 in Cork today

What are we - 3/4 weeks out from the protest? And no major spike in cases like so many predicted.

Also mind boggling the amounts of vaccines just sitting in storage when GPs up and down the country are crying out for them

They hold stock back so they van be sure they can administer all 2nd vaccines that are due. They don't want to deviate from manufacturers dosing regime and won't let supply chain risk that. Thus a buffer is required.
    Decent tactic IMO.

They hold stock back so they van be sure they can administer all 2nd vaccines that are due. They don't want to deviate from manufacturers dosing regime and won't let supply chain risk that. Thus a buffer is required.
    Decent tactic IMO.

That makes sense but they claim 99% of vaccines are in peoples arms inside 7 days. Do you think in 7 days time the 175,000 held back will be gone in second dose’s?

What are the manufacturers time frames on administering second doses?

That makes sense but they claim 99% of vaccines are in peoples arms inside 7 days. Do you think in 7 days time the 175,000 held back will be gone in second dose’s?
    ?

The 99% claim can be true with that buffer, not all of the buffer is 2nd doses but if they are averaging 13k/day now 90k of it could well be. The rest is first doses for the next few days.

It's not a huge amount to be fair given 22k doses administered last wed..... It's a 7 day buffer at most. Likely less as the doses administered per day is increasing.

3 to 4 weeks for Pfizer, 4 weeks for moderna & AZ is months iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭.red.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    What are we - 3/4 weeks out from the protest? And no major spike in cases like so many predicted.

The protest was outdoors, it wasn't that well attended and also, I'm guessing half the people who were there, probably wouldn't go for a test anyway if they were showing symptoms because the virus is actually "fake".

• Advertisement

The 99% claim can be true with that buffer, not all of the buffer is 2nd doses but if they are averaging 13k/day now 90k of it could well be. The rest is first doses for the next few days.

It's not a huge amount to be fair given 22k doses administered last wed..... It's a 7 day buffer at most. Likely less as the doses administered per day is increasing.

3 to 4 weeks for Pfizer, 4 weeks for moderna & AZ is months iirc.

Would you think that 175K seems too cautious to have in storage?

I wasn’t sure of how long between jabs people needed to wait so thanks for that

Would you think that 175K seems too cautious to have in storage?

Nope, I'd not be a fan of just in time deliveries for a vaccine roll-out TBH. Especially with the well publicised supply issues experienced so far.

It's likely a 5 or 6 day buffer only going off an increase in Wed numbers..... Iirc we are hoping to administer 250k vaccines per week shortly.

21 in Cork today

I thought 17 :o must have read wrong

624 new cases with 2 deaths RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭deeperlearning

Do you seriously believe any of these bozos would go and get tested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Do you seriously believe any of these bozos would go and get tested?

Which would lead to even more cases.

The UK to give Ireland 3.7 million vaccines. Just the kind of good news story to wake up too on a Sunday morning

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

Not going to happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,428 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The UK to give Ireland 3.7 million vaccines. Just the kind of good news story to wake up too on a Sunday morning

Let's wait for it:

1. To be official
    2. See when it'll arrive if it is true

Be great to get extra doses, but if they're saying we can have them come Q3, it won't be as necessary. The quote regarding a poke in the eye to Brussels speaks volumes about the intentions behind it, although can be disguised as not wanting to impact NI opening up.

Advertisement