Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Mushy wrote: »
    Let's wait for it:

1. To be official
    2. See when it'll arrive if it is true

Be great to get extra doses, but if they're saying we can have them come Q3, it won't be as necessary. The quote regarding a poke in the eye to Brussels speaks volumes about the intentions behind it, although can be disguised as not wanting to impact NI opening up.

The article states they will begin to arrive as soon as Easter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

We had 170k vaccines waiting to be administered during the week.

Unless they send personnel to give the vaccinations it's of little good.

That was touched upon yesterday evening in here, whilst I’m very Sceptical of the HSE delivering on this project like the way the UK and USA have been, a poster suggested legitimate reasons behind them holding back the 170K and not to do with staffing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The UK to give Ireland 3.7 million vaccines. Just the kind of good news story to wake up too on a Sunday morning

As long as the private hospitals heads are kept well away this is good

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

They weren’t sitting around because of incompetence. They were sitting around because of the AstraZeneca suspension and the fact that some are being held back (Moderna especially) to ensure availability for 2nd doses of the deliveries are inconsistent.

Thursday saw 27,490 vaccines administered. That’s not far off the one day requirement for 250k per week.

There is no issue to date with the ability to vaccinate people in this country apart from the supply coming in.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/dr_stapleton/status/1375916730766200838?s=21

So it seems the vaccines “held back” must have all been used when you see GPs left short again for second doses. Even tho they were assured of delivery. The HSE are making a laughing stock of themselves and those running the roll out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

https://twitter.com/dr_stapleton/status/1375916730766200838?s=21

So it seems the vaccines “held back” must have all been used when you see GPs left short again for second doses. Even tho they were assured of delivery. The HSE are making a laughing stock of themselves and those running the roll out

Someone will be along shortly to absolve the HSE of all responsibility here.

Why don't they use some of the 170k that they have so cleverly and tactically put aside to supply that doctor with the 150 that they guaranteed her?

She needs to stick to the vaccine schedule. Not getting the second dose on time is sort of like not finishing the course of antibiotics. You didn't kill the infection fully and risk allowing covid to develop resistance.

I'm just waiting for the HSE covid strain to hit market with this rollout going so well. Let's make sure it doesn't get called the Irish strain, their massive failures are NOT the fault of Irish people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Pen Rua wrote: »
    What are we - 3/4 weeks out from the protest? And no major spike in cases like so many predicted.

Well it would seem the Govt think differently

Tight Covid restrictions until May as virus surges

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/revealed-tight-covid-restrictions-until-may-as-virus-surges-40247322.html
    Senior government figures last night warned of the real risk of a fourth wave of the pandemic in April and May, with the reproductive rate of the virus now considered to be at 1.3 and concern also about the high number of new cases in Dublin in recent days.

We will be in perpetual lockdown with these buffoons in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Zardoz wrote: »

Well it would seem the Govt think differently

Tight Covid restrictions until May as virus surges

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/revealed-tight-covid-restrictions-until-may-as-virus-surges-40247322.html

We will be in perpetual lockdown with these buffoons in charge.

Exactly, in Dublin... so lets lock down the entire country the exact same way because of that.

Makes total sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

It's time for a change of leadership in this country.

These buffoons are going to drive this country off a cliff.

Cork is the largest county in Ireland with approx. 500,000 population.

We have very few cases and now another 2 months of Level 5!

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Someone will be along shortly to absolve the HSE of all responsibility here.

As has been the theme in here all along. They can spin things in any manner they want but you can’t hide behind the numbers or the GPs constantly getting left short. Or story’s like the Beacon with news still emerging, popping up every so often. Added to the mess down the Pairc with ringing local pharmacies at the last minute to offer vaccinations to staff, too people trying to register to administer the vaccine taking up to 4 months for approval on the 2nd or 3rd time of applying with the same information but the HSE misplacing it. Stephen Donnelly and Paul Ried might have a lot on their plates and I think that’s a given, but this is why they are both paid handsomely to manage these things, which it seems thus far they are failing miserably at.
    Like I said previously I really hope in April they are smashing targets, actually scrap that, I really hope in April they are just meeting their own targets and this nonsense of the last 3 months is put to bed finally and we can all begin to start going about getting our life’s back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Waiting for your vaccine is a bit like being on hold on the phone.
    I can wait for my call to be taken, it's the recorded messages and awful music makes it unbearable while you wait.

Similarly, I don't enjoy waiting for my vaccine but it would be far more bearable without the constant stream of, mostly uninformed, bitching and moaning. This was extremely, predictable, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Waiting for your vaccine is a bit like being on hold on the phone.
    I can wait for my call to be taken, it's the recorded messages and awful music makes it unbearable while you wait.

Similarly, I don't enjoy waiting for my vaccine but it would be far more bearable without the constant stream of, mostly uninformed, bitching and moaning. This was extremely, predictable, though.
    plenty of logistics experts around

Logistics experts apparently can't compete with the self-appointed figures experts.

Interesting stat on the vaccination numbers

If every day from this point on we hit the same numbers as on Thursday we would reach 3,532,168 doses administered on June 30th. That would be fantastic and hopefully it can be achieved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭shawki

If every day from this point on we hit the same numbers as on Thursday we would reach 3,532,168 doses administered on June 30th. That would be fantastic and hopefully it can be achieved

So 1.75 million people fully vaccinated? That’s a pathetic number for 3 Months from now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I don't know. We're almost into April. I just don't see 3 and half million vaccinated by the end of June. Not at our snail pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

20 Cases in Cork today, still very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

A full year has passed since the start of First Full Lock-down here (Announced 27, in effect from 28, March 2020)
    and we have had restrictions ever since.

A year with Covid in Ireland - timeline of incredible lockdowns, cases and deaths, pub closures and disasters

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

It's a pity NPHET and the government don't think so.

Might as well be 200 if they insist on treating every county the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

April restriction changes were always going to be minimal I feel, regardless of case numbers. April feels like the last kind of month that will seem half reasonable time of the year wise to the government, but I think in May they'll have a lot less to stand on coming into summer and the vaccinations (hopefully) well ramped up by then.

I feel they need to give something positive to announce for May to just about keep hold of people who are waning, a lot are past that already of course.

604 cases 13 deaths RIP

The UK to give Ireland 3.7 million vaccines. Just the kind of good news story to wake up too on a Sunday morning

Coveney denying this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

shawki wrote: »
    So 1.75 million people fully vaccinated? That’s a pathetic number for 3 Months from now.

You just labelled as “pathetic” a calculation that was anecdotal and not based on fact. We need to move away from blind outrage and stick to what has been announced while considering the detail.

Current projections would leave us with c.4.5m+ doses administered by the end of June and c.3m of these will be first doses. That is equivalent to just over 80% of the adult population.

For example, somebody that gets the Astra Zeneca vaccine at the end of April Won’t have had their 2nd dose by the end of June, so staging of vaccines must be considered too.

On a side note the news about he UK donating us vaccines is total bullsh1t. The way they’ve staged their programme means they’ll have shortages themselves quite soon and we’ll either finish before them (this is not out of the question) or when they’re in a position to sell to us we won’t actually have the need. It’s more propaganda from Westminster. We should have learned this by now in all honesty and just not bite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭shawki

You just labelled as “pathetic” a calculation that was anecdotal and not based on fact. We need to move away from blind outrage and stick to what has been announced while considering the detail.

Current projections would leave us with c.4.5m+ doses administered by the end of June and c.3m of these will be first doses. That is equivalent to just over 80% of the adult population.

For example, somebody that gets the Astra Zeneca vaccine at the end of April Won’t have had their 2nd dose by the end of June, so staging of vaccines must be considered too.

On a side note the news about he UK donating us vaccines is total bullsh1t. The way they’ve staged their programme means they’ll have shortages themselves quite soon and we’ll either finish before them (this is not out of the question) or when they’re in a position to sell to us we won’t actually have the need. It’s more propaganda from Westminster. We should have learned this by now in all honesty and just not bite.

I will stick where I am, thanks very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    It's a pity NPHET and the government don't think so.

Might as well be 200 if they insist on treating every county the same.
    I feel why do we bother now. Other counties aren't doing well, we're all punished equally so why are we bothering?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

The answer of course is that we have the most indecisive observational Taoiseach in history who is frozen due to the complete balls he made at Christmas.

His risk tolerance is now zero. Nationwide lockdown is all he can stomach.

Advertisement