Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

shawki wrote: »
    So 1.75 million people fully vaccinated? That’s a pathetic number for 3 Months from now.

By end of May there will likely have been 3m doses administered, all over 70s fully vaccinated along with a significant number of group 4.

600K doses of the J&J vaccine is expected in Q2, it's a single dose vaccine.

It's not simply a case of dividing doses by 2 to ascertain how many are fully vaccinated.......... with AZ there's 3 months between doses iirc, it is what it is.

By mid July it's thought that whoever wants a vaccine will have had one.

User142 wrote: »
    The answer of course is that we have the most indecisive observational Taoiseach in history who is frozen due to the complete balls he made at Christmas.

His risk tolerance is now zero. Nationwide lockdown is all he can stomach.

Yes, he seems paralysed after straying from NPHET's advice, the UK strain spreading rapidly etc etc.

The opposition aren't opposing much though, one needs a decent opposition for a democratic government to work and our opposition is p1ss poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Augeo wrote: »
    Yes, he seems paralysed after straying from NPHET's advice, the UK strain spreading rapidly etc etc.

The opposition aren't opposing much though, one needs a decent opposition for a democratic government to work and our opposition is p1ss poor.

I'm no Sinn Fein supporter, or anyone for that matter. But I really thought they'd be much, much better during these times, it's been quite shocking how quiet they have been, or indecisive when they do speak up.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Corholio wrote: »
    I'm no Sinn Fein supporter, or anyone for that matter. But I really thought they'd be much, much better during these times, it's been quite shocking how quiet they have been, or indecisive when they do speak up.

Reason being that they advocated opening up in December as well, afraid to say anything now in case it all goes wrong again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Excellent article in the Echo today calling for regional restrictions.

https://www.echolive.ie/corkviews/arid-40252787.html

Why should the whole nation suffer? Ease Covid restrictions in counties like Cork NOW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭aisling86

Zardoz wrote: »
    Excellent article in the Echo today calling for regional restrictions.

https://www.echolive.ie/corkviews/arid-40252787.html

Why should the whole nation suffer? Ease Covid restrictions in counties like Cork NOW

Living in an LEA with zero covid the last 4wks I wholeheartedly agree!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The calls for region specific lockdowns are getting louder and louder at this stage and I think if the Government doesn't listen, they are in danger of losing people who've been on board up to now.

Reasonable, normally compliant people are now becoming "anti lockdown". We had regional lockdowns before - I don't understand why there seems to be little official talk of this again.

The black of white approach is losing too much of the audience, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭PreCocious

If you look at the county breakdown the Cork figures don't look so good - Mallow and Fermoy are high, Cork South Central remains stubbornly high . Out Wesht is in excellent shape but I wonder what's their appetite for non-Weshties filling their shops and beaches ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭opus

The calls for region specific lockdowns are getting louder and louder at this stage and I think if the Government doesn't listen, they are in danger of losing people who've been on board up to now.

Reasonable, normally compliant people are now becoming "anti lockdown". We had regional lockdowns before - I don't understand why there seems to be little official talk of this again.

For sure, cause I live in town I haven't managed to get onto the side of a hill since a last min dash to the Paps on Stephen's day as lockdown was coming the following day. Starting to get to me I must admit :(

PreCocious wrote: »
    If you look at the county breakdown the Cork figures don't look so good - Mallow and Fermoy are high, Cork South Central remains stubbornly high . .....................

They are still under 100 per 100k pop though?
    Although, I'm sure (without being sure) parts of Dublin are much lower than other parts also.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I completely agree with opening Cork but Ireland is small and people will travel. Imagine opening up Penney's in Cork. You saw the long queues when they first opened last summer, you'll have all the country down in Cork and just bringing in infected people where it will spread again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I completely agree with opening Cork but Ireland is small and people will travel. Imagine opening up Penney's in Cork. You saw the long queues when they first opened last summer, you'll have all the country down in Cork and just bringing in infected people where it will spread again.

Yeah, good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Another march/protest in the city centre this coming weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

True. Never underestimate just how selfish and thick a sizeable minority can be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭Be right back

True. Never underestimate just how selfish and thick a sizeable minority can be!

But people need their cheap pjs etc!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

15 cases in Cork today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

15 cases in Cork today

1 death and 539 cases confirmed:

262 in Dublin, 32 in Kildare, 30 in Westmeath, 26 in Galway, 21 in Meath, 21 in Offaly and the remaining 147 cases are spread across 20 other counties

15 in Cork.

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/baffe-statement-from-the-national-public-health-emergency-team-monday-29-march/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

15 cases in Cork today

Ridiculous Cork is same level of lockdown as Dublin....Kerry people must be pulling their hair out considering their low numbers...

Not suggesting for a moment EVERYTHING should be opened but definitely some type of difference between highly infected spots and not so highly infected places...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Cork back to second best in the country

40.9 per 100,000

No difference in restrictions though as we'll be treated exactly the same as the worst county

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Must be the first time we've all been in agreement over something :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Some murmurings one of the things considered is that restrictions may be eased week by week rather than on April 5th. Increase of 5k one week, then meeting another family outside the next etc etc. I don't think that would go down well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭112143

jackrussel wrote: »

Do counter protesters turn up as well?
    Just curious, it seems a bit nuts to be gathering in such a large group.

Just reading the organiser seems to be the idiot who likes to paint over street signs and couldn't get elected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jackrussel wrote: »

I hope it goes off peaceful and safe for all

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Corholio wrote: »
    Some murmurings one of the things considered is that restrictions may be eased week by week rather than on April 5th. Increase of 5k one week, then meeting another family outside the next etc etc. I don't think that would go down well at all.

What a load of horse sh1t muppets

112143 wrote: »
    Do counter protesters turn up as well?
    Just curious, it seems a bit nuts to be gathering in such a large group.

There'll be very few at it I expect, like the last one.
    I think most Cork folk, though tired of the restrictions can realise we are 2 months away from the over 70s and group 4 being vaccinated, there'll be no major unrest unless we get to June and restrictions haven't been eased significantly.
    Nearly there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭Be right back

Fantastic low numbers again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,437 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Regional easing is like specifying a pissing area in a swimming pool without enforcement.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Any recommendations for takeaway pints in town?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

marno21 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for takeaway pints in town?

Arthur Maynes is doing them I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

O'Shos
    Goldbergs

Advertisement