Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I wasn't expecting today to be as positive as it has been. GPs are reporting a significant vaccine ramp-up from next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I wasn't expecting today to be as positive as it has been. GPs are reporting a significant vaccine ramp-up from next week.

15k doses administered on Saturday, 7k the week before.

Things really looking up now.

Edit: Under 3% positivity today too. :D

..........GPs are reporting a significant vaccine ramp-up from next week.

1m per month April onwards was the plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Augeo wrote: »
    1m per month April onwards was the plan.

Michael McGrath quoted today on RTE that the expectation is now down to 860k vaccines to be administered in April.

That'd be ok IMO, if we get supplied with 1m and get 860k administered it'd be a decent month of vaccination. It's not going to be without issue, problems
    etc etc.

As of last Friday ........
    https://www.thejournal.ie/what-vaccine-deliveries-can-ireland-and-the-eu-expect-from-april-onwards-5388094-Mar2021/
    "HSE CEO Paul Reid said on Thursday that Ireland expects to receive 1 million doses between today and 30 April"

Germany have put AZ vaccine on hold again and Canada are only giving it to the 55+ cohurts, if we get 860k administered in April it'd be very decent tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Big change in order of vaccinations now too. Cohorts 10-15 now removed, now vaccinating age wise after over 70's and underlying illness people are done.

It should free up administration work and allow it to run better, but that's only on paper for now.

368 cases today. 14 deaths.

14 cases in Cork.

Hospital: 310.
    ICU: 67.

Both decreased from yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

That’s my thoughts too as they keep telling us schools are safe and most cases in schools are getting chalked up to community transmission. So once the schools return and if there’s a spike a few weeks later it can be blamed on construction or something else that has be eased up as opposed to schools

If that's what it takes to get and keep schools open, so be it.
    I believe having kids in school is more important than any sector of the economy that's currently closed. I don't have children and there's a lot of things I'm missing but, feck it, children need to be in school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

April 12th travel anywhere in your County

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/lifting-lockdown-too-early-would-cause-covid-wave-lasting-until-summer-ministers-told-1103722.html

Some of the items of interest.........

April 12th: Extending the five-kilometre exercise limit to a county-wide limit; (The meeting saw the approval of plans to allow people to travel within their country or within a 20km radius of their home even if that crosses a county boundary from April 12th.)
    April 12th: Two fully vaccinated people permitted to meet indoors, and two households permitted to meet outdoors;
    April 12th: All school students will return to classrooms;
    April 12th: A partial resumption of construction will begin with the return of 5,000 home building workers;
    April 19th: The return of elite athletics and GAA;
    April 26th: Resuming some sporting activities including tennis, golf and under 18 training;
    April 26th: Reopening of zoos and heritage sites;
    May 4th: Reopening of museums and galleries;
    May: A phased return of personal services such as hairdressers, retail and click-and-collect services, and the remainder of construction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Where is this been reported? Haven’t seen it anywhere but great if true?

Where is this been reported? Haven’t seen it anywhere but great if true?
    120k p/w in GPs alone

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1376900263416578049?s=20

Great if true!!!! Why would it be made up? Is good news so unwelcome?

I ment great if true as in if it comes true. Not if ACE was telling the truth. Apologies if the post was wasn’t clear.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

12 April until I can meet my friends for a coffee outside.
    I'll wait till then.

Town is packed though!
    Loads of people sitting in the Peace Park outside Electric.

There's an outdoor stall selling those new popsicles.
    Lovely day for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I ment great if true as in if it comes true. Not if ACE was telling the truth. Apologies if the post was wasn’t clear.

Apologies for picking you up wrong

If the vaccination moves to age brackets only once the vulnerable are done has any one any idea what way will it work? Will it just continually get lower or will certain brackets be ahead of others or how will it work?

As great as the vaccine ramp up is, it is what was targeted and even slightly less so, hopefully there can be deliveries that arrive earlier than expected rather than later too. That would be a great sign imo. I think the weekly feedback from the GP's during April will be the real tester of progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Corholio wrote: »
    Big change in order of vaccinations now too. Cohorts 10-15 now removed, now vaccinating age wise after over 70's and underlying illness people are done.

It should free up administration work and allow it to run better, but that's only on paper for now.

My aunt 59 was rang about the vaccine in CUH today, she is nervous was asking what type, she is diabetic also has heart issues, she was expecting to get from her own GP, she had Covid and gets bad coughs, she is a smoker, we are trying to explain she is best getting it as she high risk, she is nervous and anxious and wants to ask loads of questions, she is waiting on CUH to text details, is there a dedicated website about the vaccine or someone she could talk with or just her own GP?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    My aunt 59 was rang about the vaccine in CUH today, she is nervous was asking what type, she is diabetic also has heart issues, she was expecting to get from her own GP, she had Covid and gets bad coughs, she is a smoker, we are trying to explain she is best getting it as she high risk, she is nervous and anxious and wants to ask loads of questions, she is waiting on CUH to text details, is there a dedicated website about the vaccine or someone she could talk with or just her own GP?
    Ring her GP or ring HSE live on 1850 24 1850

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If the vaccination moves to age brackets only once the vulnerable are done has any one any idea what way will it work? Will it just continually get lower or will certain brackets be ahead of others or how will it work?

I'd expect a reversal of that. To scrap the education sector with no warning and still want schools to open in 2 weeks time, whoever thought this would sail through hasn't been in public life long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

so in the new plan "can meet with people from one other household outdoors" - by wasn't that the case up till now anyway? i'm confused..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Apparently you could meet another person for exercise purposes, not "for the chat". Similar bizarre **** in the UK. You could meet up for a coffee but had to walk with the coffee so it counted as "exercise", you couldn't sit with the coffee :rolleyes: https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/19002403.covid-can-sit-bench-outside-drink-takeaway-coffee/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Corholio wrote: »

A chink of light for common sense alright. The other method of weighting one profession over another was a bit daft, and fairly unmanageable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭opus

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I have now resorted to a baseball cap to tame the hair! Last haircut was in December :o

Bumped into a friend last week, he told me I looked like a caveman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

sporina wrote: »
    so in the new plan "can meet with people from one other household outdoors" - by wasn't that the case up till now anyway? i'm confused..

They're so out of touch with reality. Most people have been meeting up for walks and coffees, etc.. These new announcements mean nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

rorrissey wrote: »
    They're so out of touch with reality. Most people have been meeting up for walks and coffees, etc.. These new announcements mean nothing.

yeah I didn't know you could only meet for exercise before, but thats all i've been doing anyway..

yeah these restrictions will mean v little to a lot of people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I've seen coffee shops put outdoor seating back in use, plenty "bumping" into neighbours fir a chat, garden centres are open, lots of shops doing click and collect. Lots of construction back. It's laughable. And insulting.

There is now just 7 patients in hospital with COVID in Cork - all 7 are in the CUH with 2 in ICU.

There is now just 7 patients in hospital with COVID in Cork - all 7 are in the CUH with 2 in ICU.

It’s border line criminal now we are in full lockdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

It’s border line criminal now we are in full lockdown

The bones of half a million people in county Cork and 7 in hospital. Its absolutely outrageous that the county is at level 5.

Was great to see the Lough v. busy again today in the good weather. Guards were about but didn't seem to be doing much more than observing.

Advertisement