Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,186 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A CORK nurse has spoken of the joy felt by patients and staff working at a rehabilitation unit in the city after all of the patients who were treated there for COVID-19 made a full recovery.

Sarita Ravindran is a clinical nurse manager (CNM2) at the rehabilitation unit at St Finbarr’s Hospital which provides care for older people, some who are recovering from stroke or surgery.

While COVID-19 can affect people of any age, older people can be particularly vulnerable to the disease.

A number of patients at the unit had tested positive for COVID-19, including some patients who had no symptoms of the virus.

At the beginning of the outbreak, some of these patients were transferred to Cork University Hospital, but others received treatment from the clinical teams on site.

Sarita Ravindran says the patients who were treated at the rehabilitation ward have now all fully recovered, and some have even been discharged home.

“When people have been discharged you can see they just want to give you a hug, but we can’t do that at the moment.

"They are just so proud to have come through this,” she said.

Sarita admits the outbreak has had a significant impact on both patients and staff at the unit, as well as their families.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Team-effort-sees-all-coronavirus-patients-recover-at-Cork-city-hospital-e159895e-5348-4893-a817-fcca87b21eaa-ds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

fin12 wrote: »
    Don’t understand why masses can’t go back to being held. At a lot of masses especially during the week would barely be 10 people in the church.

Everyone wear a mask , sit one person per bench. Mark x on each bench that means u can’t sit.

Every second row remains empty. No holy communion.

I would broadly agree with you with the sentiment of Masses being permitted again.

I used to go to morning Mass at the Dominicans and we already had social distancing before it was a thing - people naturally spread out.

Sunday Masses are a whole other problem. I know of Dioceses in the USA that are bringing back public Masses but max. 10 people. So a parish has to try organise which 10 people can attend which Mass on a given Sunday. Nightmare!

No Holy Communion would be unacceptable in my opinion. There is another suggestion to stop reception on the tongue but that brings us down a different line of discussion.

I'm glad churches can reopen and hope that the parish community will be there to chip in as the Bishop outlines - for cleaning, stewarding and maintenance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I would broadly agree with you with the sentiment of Masses being permitted again.

I used to go to morning Mass at the Dominicans and we already had social distancing before it was a thing - people naturally spread out.

Sunday Masses are a whole other problem. I know of Dioceses in the USA that are bringing back public Masses but max. 10 people. So a parish has to try organise which 10 people can attend which Mass on a given Sunday. Nightmare!

No Holy Communion would be unacceptable in my opinion. There is another suggestion to stop reception on the tongue but that brings us down a different line of discussion.

I'm glad churches can reopen and hope that the parish community will be there to chip in as the Bishop outlines - for cleaning, stewarding and maintenance.

Problem is that it will have to be one rule for all. Ok so some of the churches have only ten people in, but our local is busy even during the week. the Canon would have a nightmare trying to space people, let alone turn away when he'd reached 'quota'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭corks finest

Problem is that it will have to be one rule for all. Ok so some of the churches have only ten people in, but our local is busy even during the week. the Canon would have a nightmare trying to space people, let alone turn away when he'd reached 'quota'

I was slating parts of Cork for lack of social distancing, but received pictures if street parties in Derry, crazy stuff, no absolutely no social distancing going on last few weeks,
    Found out one of my grandkids a 16 year's old girl has it, crazy policy the brits have letting everyone seemingly do as they want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭opus

It's not that I don't trust the council or anything but had to go look for myself this evening, only came across one car driving along it so they chose to drive around the barrier set up by the turn to the showgrounds.

513091.jpg

Sad that it took a global pandemic to get the council to do this, should have been like this for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Fabulous atmosphere along the Marina today. Permanent pedestrianisation should be a no brainer here.

20200515-183249.jpg

20200515-183518.jpg

20200515-180429.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

How this road hasn’t been pedestrianised in normal times is hard to understand. Hopefully will never revert to car use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

okedoke wrote: »
    How this road hasn’t been pedestrianised in normal times is hard to understand. Hopefully will never revert to car use

That's what we're hoping, and many of us will certainly fight to keep it pedestrianised.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭robinbird

okedoke wrote: »

Anywhere else it would have been a no brainer. Here it took many many years of lobbying, a pandemic and allowing Terry Shannon and Des Cahill to take the credit.

robinbird wrote: »
    Anywhere else it would have been a no brainer. Here it took many many years of lobbying, a pandemic and allowing Terry Shannon and Des Cahill to take the credit.

11 travellers ( love that description) stopped all together heading from Cork to Laois, guess what happened? Nada ,gardai took their names and addresses FFS let them go,must have the weakest police force in Europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,106 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

11 travellers ( love that description) stopped all together heading from Cork to Laois, guess what happened? Nada ,gardai took their names and addresses FFS let them go,must have the weakest police force in Europe

And you know these details how, exactly?
    Were you there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Were you there?

Because it's in the news. 11 of them off to a sulky race up the country. They were sent home. A file going to the DPP (for whatever use that will do).

Were you there?

Cork Beo site,wake up, I'd hardly pull that out of my hole

Were you there?

You really jumped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Because it's in the news. 11 of them off to a sulky race up the country. They were sent home. A file going to the DPP (for whatever use that will do).

So exactly the right thing was done by the Gardai then? What is the problem here?

Ludo wrote: »
    So exactly the right thing was done by the Gardai then? What is the problem here?

Exactly what I was wondering.

Exactly what I was wondering.

My personal opinion is until the gardai come down heavy this is not going away quickly
    I'm v worried as I've a 16 year's old granddaughter in Derry with the bloody virus, ( not taking it at all serious up there, now they're paying for it)
    Same will happen here until we get ****ing serious, government made the 5k and social distancing rules for a v good reason, yet there's ppl willing to risk spreading it as the 11 travellers did ( who knows how many of those travelling had it?)
    And as seen ref travellers funerals last few weeks, they don't just do social distancing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Ludo wrote: »

I didn't say there was a problem :confused:

There is though,rules are for everyone, but as usual travellers think rules don't apply to them,as we've seen in Cork at their funerals of late
    No social distancing
    150 plus ppl attending, yet settled ppl obey the max 10 rule
    And this crap 11 idiots traveling from Cork to take part in an illegal sulky race
    Only the do goodie lefties don't see a problem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Somebody's funeral in North Mon Church around 3pm today, it looked like a music festival for those aged 50+

Not looking forward to seeing the fallout from that in two weeks time.

• Advertisement

Yeah the reply was to you but obviously you weren't the person who said it was a problem. Just the way the conversation flowed.

There is though,rules are for everyone, but as usual travellers think rules don't apply to them,as we've seen in Cork at their funerals of late
    No social distancing
    And this crap 11 idiots traveling from Cork to take part in an illegal sulky race

Weren't you saying a few weeks back that you were spending hours in the park in Carrigaline and using the gym equipment there? Back then the only reason to leave home was for essential reasons or brief exercise and all public gym equipment in parks was not allowed to be used.
    You also mentioned sitting at Roberts Cove and gave out about some hikers. Both those places are more than 4km apart and so were outside travel limits. Apologies if I am mistaken here, but your behaviour didn't exactly fit in with the guidelines at the time also.

Spent over 2 hours today in tbe park,and surrounding area, walking, exercising on the machines, at least 8 smallies all playing together absolutely no social distancing observation, all over the park, skate board park worse,
    Parents cop the **** on
    My personal opinion is until the gardai come down heavy this is not going away quickly

Same will happen here until we get ****ing serious, government made the 5k and social distancing rules for a v good reason, yet there's ppl willing to risk spreading it as the 11 travellers did ( who knows how many of those travelling had it?)
    And as seen ref travellers funerals last few weeks, they don't just do social distancing

Bit of a hypocrite. You love attacking others for not following the rules but seem to see no issue with breaking the same rules yourself.
    And of course any excuse to go on another rant against the Travellers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭opus

I took a jog around Glen River park around lunchtime today, first time I saw wardens there. Good to see it getting a bit of attention from the council, now if they would only put in a bin or two it would help a bit.

One or two of the parkrun group used to collect & take away a bag of rubbish every Sat morning back when the parkrun was up & running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,186 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Were they not turned back around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭beer enigma

robinbird wrote: »
    Bit of a hypocrite. You love attacking others for not following the rules but seem to see no issue with breaking the same rules yourself.
    And of course any excuse to go on another rant against the Travellers.

So long as the park is within distance there's no time limit?

So long as the park is within distance there's no time limit?

Well. The guidelines say brief exercise and don't think using communal gym equipment is covered. She was also giving out about people at the beach another day. And a gaa pitch. As well as other locations. They all can't be within her 2km. (As it was. Now 5km)

Now I have no issue with what she does but she seems obsessed with finding and attacking other people for not strictly adhering to the guidelines. Particularly but not exclusively if they are Travellers

That makes her a hypocrite.

No social distancing

There are a minority of people, all over the country, who ignore social distancing rules. I don't condone any of this behaviour, by anyone.

Do you seriously believe that it is only travellers that are guilty of this? Have all the people
    that you have been Internet policing and shaming on here for the last while been travellers?

Turning this into a traveller issue says a lot about you.

s1ippy wrote: »
    Somebody's funeral in North Mon Church around 3pm today, it looked like a music festival for those aged 50+

Not looking forward to seeing the fallout from that in two weeks time.

Lovely, we're going to pay for all this lack of civic duty

• Advertisement

There are a minority of people, all over the country, who ignore social distancing rules. I don't condone any of this behaviour, by anyone.

Do you seriously believe that it is only travellers that are guilty of this? Have all the people
    that you have been Internet policing and shaming on here for the last while been travellers?

Turning this into a traveller issue says a lot about you.

Stating facts only,and irrespective of who they are social distancing must be adhered to,and the 5 kml limit

Advertisement