Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I'd prefer to have too many texts than too few. I've seen reports of people complaining that they missed appointments cause they deleted the appointment text, you can't blame someone else for everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm still waiting to hear of arrests, fines, firings or suspensions for Coombe and Beacon staff for vaccine thief, I'd say it be a long wait

Both a national backlog reported today and a likely outbreak

ACE any LEA Cork update please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The vaccine system appointment nonsense is a complete non-story.

COVID-19 14-day incidence rates per 100,000 population by Local Electoral Area (LEA), Cork 16/03/2021 to 29/03/2021

Bandon-Kinsale - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 8 (-3), LEA rate per 100k pop: 22 (-8)

Bantry-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: <5 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: <5 (-)

Carrigaline - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 5 (-3), LEA rate per 100k pop: 14 (-9)

Cobh - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 9 (-13), LEA rate per 100k pop: 26 (-38)

Cork City North East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 30 (+10), LEA rate per 100k pop: 71 (+22)

Cork City North West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 31 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: 77 (-)

Cork City South Central - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 39 (+1), LEA rate per 100k pop: 101 (+3)

Cork City South East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 24 (+6), LEA rate per 100k pop: 56 (+14)

Cork City South West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 5 (-6), LEA rate per 100k pop: 11 (-12)

Fermoy - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 12 (-18), LEA rate per 100k pop: 33 (-49)

Kanturk - Confirmed Cases in LEA: <5 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: <5 (-)

Macroom - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 6 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: 16 (-)

Mallow - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 27 (-2), LEA rate per 100k pop: 94 (-6)

Midleton - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 18 (-2), LEA rate per 100k pop: 40 (-4)

Skibbereen-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: <5 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: <5 (-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

One person was arrested in The Lough yesterday evening. The individual was arrested for public order offenses. https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40257278.html

One person was arrested at The Lough yesterday following a large gathering of people in the area.

Gardaí attended The Lough on Thursday where a gathering of people took place.

A number of Fixed Payment Notices were issued as a result of the incident and one male was arrested for public order offences.

Following engagement by Gardaí, a number of those in attendance carried out a clean-up of the area and out of hours Local Authority staff also attended.

Gardaí have said that they continue to carry out active beat and mountain bike patrols in the area.

[Garda quote re regulations etc]

3 people were arrested yesterday On Patrick's Bridge. They were protesting the current restrictions. https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40257098.html

Three people were arrested at an anti-lockdown protest in Cork yesterday ahead of another planned protest which is due to take place in the city centre tomorrow.

Three men were arrested on St Patrick’s Bridge on Thursday afternoon following an anti-lockdown protest.

Gardaí said that they were in attendance at the protest which took place on St Patrick’s Bridge at approximately 4 pm.

Three of the group failed to comply with Gardaí and were arrested for suspected breaches of the Health Act, 1947.

Those arrested were taken to Bridewell Garda station where they were charged.

The men have since been released and are due to appear before Cork Criminal Courts of Justice on 14th April 2021.

It comes ahead of another anti-lockdown protest which has been planned for tomorrow.

Tomorrow’s protest is set to begin at 2 pm at the National Monument on Grand Parade.

Protester will march down Patrick Street and rally outside Brown Thomas.

Those involved in the campaign have said that they want to see an end to lockdown.

[Garda comment snip]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

I know it may seem counter-intuitive, but depending on the crowd, it should be allowed. Minute risk when outdoors, but pushing people indoors is total dodge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭whatever76

Hearing Bells field ( top of patricks hill) is being closed off the weekend , due to Crowds and anti social behavior !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

whatever76 wrote: »
    Hearing Bells field ( top of patricks hill) is being closed off the weekend , due to Crowds and anti social behavior !

Cork Beo running a story (with quotes from the Lord Mayor) saying it was a mess last night.

https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/lord-mayor-blasts-shameful-disgraceful-20308553

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭whatever76

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Cork Beo running a story (with quotes from the Lord Mayor) saying it was a mess last night.

https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/lord-mayor-blasts-shameful-disgraceful-20308553

Yea I know people living in area - saying bottles been thrown onto the road . :mad: ... why like ?! I just don't get it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

In their defense the health authorities in this country have only known for a year that vaccinations would be the way out of this.

That’s hardly enough time to organize a properly functioning IT system to manage the vaccines when you have pay raises to be signing off for yourself.

The NHS offered the HSE their IT and appointment system free of charge. After initially agreeing to it the HSE had to decline due to push back from management claiming staff needed to be up skilled etc to the new system even tho the NHS pointed out this wouldn’t be the case they still declined

553 positive swabs, 2.83% positivity on 19,535 tests.
    7 day test positivity is 3.2%.

- Thursday, April 1st 2021
    #COVID19Ireland

660 positive swabs, 3.5% positivity on 18,853 tests.
    7 day test positivity is 3.2%.

- Friday, April 2nd 2021

19 cases in Cork today.

The NHS offered the HSE their IT and appointment system free of charge. After initially agreeing to it the HSE had to decline due to push back from management claiming staff needed to be up skilled etc to the new system even tho the NHS pointed out this wouldn’t be the case they still declined
    Interesting, where did you see that?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

whatever76 wrote: »

Really don’t get this carry on. If they start closing public places the remaining ones will be even more rammed and people will start meeting indoors.

It’s time to forget the idea that people won’t meet up now and encourage people to meet up in safe spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

19 cases in Cork today.

Good to see yesterday was just a blip

19 cases in Cork today.

8 deaths RIP

591 new cases 19 Cork

TheChizler wrote: »
    Interesting, where did you see that?

I didn’t. Was told by someone who is working on the vaccination sites as well as other HSE projects

I didn’t. Was told by someone who is working on the vaccination sites as well as other HSE projects
    I see. I hope you don't mind me taking it with a large pinch of salt so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Lough very busy again today around 4 when I passed. Good few Guards about. Going by the amount leaving around 5.30 I'm guessing they were moved on. Straight into houses going by the amount of booze being carried about. Just leave them be in the open ffs.

The amount of litter left yesterday was rotten though. Just bring a bag and take it home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

marno21 wrote: »
    Really don’t get this carry on. If they start closing public places the remaining ones will be even more rammed and people will start meeting indoors.

It’s time to forget the idea that people won’t meet up now and encourage people to meet up in safe spaces.
    They should leave it open but police it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Lough was cleared again today around 7.30. Left the place a kip though. No idea why guards don't ask people to clean up when theyre clearing them.

titan18 wrote: »
    Lough was cleared again today around 7.30. Left the place a kip though. No idea why guards don't ask people to clean up when theyre clearing them.

Dunno. I don't even think its a case of "Ah someone else will clean up". Its the thought that it never even occurs to them what happens to their waste. Thats even worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I will say it seems to be congregated in certain areas so it's not every group but looks like about 4-5 groups who didn't give a crap as it's bad in patches, and then people leave their rubbish by the bins and the birds tear the bags apart.

titan18 wrote: »
    I will say it seems to be congregated in certain areas so it's not every group but looks like about 4-5 groups who didn't give a crap as it's bad in patches, and then people leave their rubbish by the bins and the birds tear the bags apart.

Ah yeah its not everybody. Its the type who go to a bottle bank, find it full and leave bags and boxes of bottles and cans on the ground outside and pat themselves on the back for recycling..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

Exclusive: Party Barge plan for The Lough as Cork to get safe 'Outdoor Session Zones'
    ^^^ Posted on the 01/04/2021 so take that into account.

Lough is a wildlife sanctuary, and nobody swims there so I don't see this ever been granted planning permission.

corkie wrote: »
    [Lough is a wildlife sanctuary, and nobody swims there so I don't see this ever been granted planning permission.
    It's mobile so no permission needed!

Twouldn't be COVID you'd have to worry about in the lough lets be honest

Twouldn't be COVID you'd have to worry about in the lough lets be honest

What would be the worry?

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    What would be the worry?
    Would you jump in there?

Advertisement