Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The docks picture is up this is the wella it never loaded

Where is that, it is like a bunker, no social distancing and doubtful all one family

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where is that, it is like a bunker, no social distancing and doubtful all one family

It's a walkway between Harvey Norman and togher. That is a tunnel under the road
    It's a complete joke. Also all these bars serving take away drinks adds to it sure look at the carry on down the docks it was like a rave there this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Walkway down to the right of the kinsale road Harvey Norman.

Strange tunnel, never liked going through it other than morning time, bend in it and you cannot see the other end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

fin12 wrote: »
    Fair play to all speakers and singers at protest , it was brilliant.

What was your favourite song?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭opus

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Walkway down to the right of the kinsale road Harvey Norman.

Strange tunnel, never liked going through it other than morning time, bend in it and you cannot see the other end!

I occasionally go through it for a jog, but during the daytime. It's a lot better now that it has lights, the first I went through there a few years back it was very dark and because of the bend you couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Remember having some doubts but eventually drove on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Clear blue sky and already heat in the sun. The Lough is going to be teeming today.

Has the anti social behaviour got worse with Covid19 lockdown restrictions as it was bad in some areas always, the parents should face consequences, high fines if under age or if older then high fines direct to individuals non payment then prison

If bins are full take your rubbish home or to a nearby bin, I hate seeing the disposable masks thrown on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Down at Blackrock Village earlier enjoying the weather, coffee and a there was an absolutely lovely buzz. Not busy, everyone sitting spaced out in great form enjoying themselves. Three lads busking, playing nice chilled out music. An ideal mid-day treat.

Then two guards came along and moved them on. Killed the atmosphere immediately and lots of people went away.

Livid. I know they've got a job to do too but it's still really annoying. They went after the low hanging fruit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Down at Blackrock Village earlier enjoying the weather, coffee and a there was an absolutely lovely buzz. Not busy, everyone sitting spaced out in great form enjoying themselves. Three lads busking, playing nice chilled out music. An ideal mid-day treat.

Then two guards came along and moved them on. Killed the atmosphere immediately and lots of people went away.

Livid. I know they've got a job to do too but it's still really annoying. They went after the low hanging fruit.
    And people wonder why the public's losing interest. Ridiculous carry on. Nowhere to be seen when they're needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

What was your favourite song?

Why so u can just turn around and make an insult about whatever I say...

I enjoyed all the songs at it if ur so interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

457 cases today. 3 deaths.

242 in hospital.
    58 in ICU (Lowest since 2nd January)

No county breakdown today either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Was any reason given for the move to announcing numbers at 4pm as opposed to 6pm lately?

Was any reason given for the move to announcing numbers at 4pm as opposed to 6pm lately?
    Numbers are released at 9am every day to NPHET so there's no need for them to keep them that late unless there's a presser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

No county breakdown is annoying. Maybe it's just cos of the weekend in it but it also wouldn't shock me if its to deflect from people calling for regional restrictions.

titan18 wrote: »
    No county breakdown is annoying. Maybe it's just cos of the weekend in it but it also wouldn't shock me if its to deflect from people calling for regional restrictions.
    I'd say the HPSC has less staff on for Easter since they didn't get a break at Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

titan18 wrote: »

That’s exactly what I’m thinking. They are all about hidden agendas this government.

fin12 wrote: »
    That’s exactly what I’m thinking. They are all about hidden agendas this government.
    Unfortunately county data has nothing to do with either NPHET or the government

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

Here's a photo from a area known as the wella in togher. And another from the docks yesterday... This is mental like

where exactly is this? never heard of it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

sporina wrote: »
    where exactly is this? never heard of it..

Your question as already been answered in the replies in thread!
    It's a walkway between Harvey Norman and togher. That is a tunnel under the road
    It's a complete joke. Also all these bars serving take away drinks adds to it sure look at the carry on down the docks it was like a rave there this afternoon

2 pictures posted, one of the docks and the other the 'Wella'.

Search google maps for 'Greenway Togher rd to Kinsale rd'

https://twitter.com/ChrisMoodyDraws/status/1088741525981483008

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,214 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Surely it's better to let these public gathering happen instead of it happening in doors or smaller gardens?

• Advertisement

Per the COVID tracker app, 36 cases in Cork yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

That's poor

Can't explain that with backlog of swabs

Definitely a small tick upwards in Cork cases

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    That's poor

Can't explain that with backlog of swabs

Definitely a small tick upwards in Cork cases

You don’t count a trend on two days. Based on the fact it isn’t backlog there’s realistically an outbreak somewhere. We’ll see on the LEA data next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Numbers are released at 9am every day to NPHET so there's no need for them to keep them that late unless there's a presser

Why do they feel the need to have a press conference almost every day, surely its a waste of valuable resources ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Per the COVID tracker app, 36 cases in Cork yesterday

I'm a bit confused, the app says April 2 for that 36 figure, but wasn't it 19 cases two days ago?

Unfortunately county data has nothing to do with either NPHET or the government

Who is responsible, Dept of Health?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭.red.

funnydoggy wrote: »

Hmm, go in town and tackle the smack heads shooting up on the streets in front of passers by, or head down to Blackrock and tackle the 3 lads busking.
    Tough choice I know.
    Is it any wonder the people are loosing patience.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused, the app says April 2 for that 36 figure, but wasn't it 19 cases two days ago?
    April 3rd cases = positive tests from april 2nd

Who is responsible, Dept of Health?
    Health Protection Surveillance Centre

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    Why do they feel the need to have a press conference almost every day, surely its a waste of valuable resources ?
    There's press conferences twice a week - Monday which is normal questions and Thursday where there is a modelling update

Advertisement