Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

Was out and about walking in the Blackrock/Marina area most of the day yday with a buddy.. great day had.. nice atm around.. lots of people but didn't feel crazy in any way.. people having picnics in small groups - lots walking and cycling..

Lee fields today and lots walking - didn't feel busy at all..

great to be able to get out and enjoy the weather with a nice atm around - didn't see anything unsavoury..

sure - some large groups of people.. perhaps early 20's age group,. but better they are meeting outdoors rather than in..

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

[URL="http:///twitter.com/ChrisMoodyDraws/status/1088741525981483008"]http:///twitter.com/ChrisMoodyDraws/status/1088741525981483008[/URL]

I lived very near the Kinsale Road roundabout for 30 years and never even knew that tunnel was there. I found the entrance on Google maps. An interesting spot for a gathering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Health Protection Surveillance Centre

I'm confused would they not work with NPHET :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm confused would they not work with NPHET :confused:
    NPHET have nothing to do with the figures, they simply communicate them as they receive them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

[URL="http:///twitter.com/ChrisMoodyDraws/status/1088741525981483008"]http:///twitter.com/ChrisMoodyDraws/status/1088741525981483008[/URL]

I lived very near the Kinsale Road roundabout for 30 years and never even knew that tunnel was there. I found the entrance on Google maps. An interesting spot for a gathering.

I'm 50 and can remember walking/cycling that route in the late 70's or early 80's before the tunnel existed.

Cork South Ring Road, would have formed the tunnel we see today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Town is mobbed with people having take away drink and enjoying them selfs. The lough was still packed when I passed while ago also... I’d expect these scenes to remain as long as the weather allows until restrictions ease

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bettyoleary

sporina wrote: »
    Was out and about walking in the Blackrock/Marina area most of the day yday with a buddy.. great day had.. nice atm around.. lots of people but didn't feel crazy in any way.. people having picnics in small groups - lots walking and cycling..

Lee fields today and lots walking - didn't feel busy at all..

great to be able to get out and enjoy the weather with a nice atm around - didn't see anything unsavoury..

sure - some large groups of people.. perhaps early 20's age group,. but better they are meeting outdoors rather than in..
    What do you think about the two young girls that went abroad for surgery that are now being made the scape goats for the spread of the virus. The mysogomy is unreal. We are forgetting about the Brazillian workers that are coming in to meat factories without any isolation and the swabbing cteres are sending hse staff out every week to them. Its a joke and then you are banned off here if you mention it.

Look at the reality of it. The two young girls are not the cause of the virus they are a scape goat for what ids the reality. I hope sarah mcinearny will stant up and say this but depends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Town is mobbed with people having take away drink and enjoying them selfs. The lough was still packed when I passed while ago also... I’d expect these scenes to remain as long as the weather allows until restrictions ease

I was doing my walk at the Lough there and they just cleared it. Rubbish left all over the place again, and I'd say most are heading back to house parties unfortunately.

Im actully banned from covid thread but this is what is happening. Its a joke that the new variants are not caused by travel. They are and outbreaks in schools are massive. Its just govt dont want you top know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Im actully banned from covid thread but this is what is happening. Its a joke that the new variants are not caused by travel. They are and outbreaks in schools are massive. Its just govt dont want you top know.

Stay on topic and you might last a bit longer here. Conspiracies or spreading of misinformation are not acceptable here.

• Advertisement

Gaspode wrote: »
    Stay on topic and you might last a bit longer here. Conspiracies or spreading of misinformation are not acceptable here.
    Ok no bother, I wouldnt be doing that anyway but thanks for advise.

What do you think about the two young girls that went abroad for surgery that are now being made the scape goats for the spread of the virus. The mysogomy is unreal. We are forgetting about the Brazillian workers that are coming in to meat factories without any isolation and the swabbing cteres are sending hse staff out every week to them. Its a joke and then you are banned off here if you mention it.

Look at the reality of it. The two young girls are not the cause of the virus they are a scape goat for what ids the reality. I hope sarah mcinearny will stant up and say this but depends

I hate that nothing is being done about the vaccine thieves in the Beacon and Coombe hospital, the HSE and the government must be delighted that Dublin GAA and Dubai boob butt two are taking all the heat

I expect Neil and PJ will be busy Tuesday about youths out drinking and gathering

I hate that nothing is being done about the vaccine thieves in the Beacon and Coombe hospital, the HSE and the government must be delighted that Dublin GAA and Dubai boob butt two are taking all the heat

I expect Neil and PJ will be busy Tuesday about youths out drinking and gathering

But it’s not just “youths” out drinking and gathering. People are having garden party’s, 30ths & 40ths, watching match’s in crowds together, having take away pints aswell etc. adherence to Covid guidelines are almost zero lately. The government have lost the room. People don’t care or at very least a large portion of people don’t care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I took the family over to tramore valley park today , it wasn’t too crowded, a few picnics around. Seemed to be a small christening going on.

All very low risk. Outdoors, loads of fresh air, small groups, common sense prevailed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

So basically the Brazilians are coming in, rubbing themselves off 400-500 people a day and spreading a completely different variant. Nothing to do with our own being reckless at different times during the pandemic. Sounds like the secret source that the government don't want you to know about are Facebook 'groupz'.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭112143

I'd love to know who people think would process our meat and pick our fruit if we didn't have these foreigners being flown in to do it.

They're not spreading the virus, because of them we have cheap meat and fruit.
    It's the idiots breaking the rules, ffs just toe the line we don't have long left now.

112143 wrote: »
    I'd love to know who people think would process our meat and pick our fruit if we didn't have these foreigners being flown in to do it.

It's the idiots breaking the rules, ffs just toe the line we don't have long left now.

I could be wrong but quite a few meat plants had cases, more cases which was tried be kept quite from holiday returnees, Goodman and Coveney in cohoots, are they related?

The different variants in this wave had to come here by travel (btw how many variants are there in existant now?)

The meat plants have Irish working for them too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Oh please, just change the record, spouting this crap for a year plus now... by all means continue to lock ur self away but let the rest of us get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,436 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

What do you think about the two young girls that went abroad for surgery that are now being made the scape goats for the spread of the virus. The mysogomy is unreal.

"Surgery", real life saving stuff alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

"Surgery", real life saving stuff alright.

The report now is that neither of them actually got the surgery. A cynic might suggest they booked the appointments to try justify what was really just a holiday in Dubai on medical grounds......

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

fin12 wrote: »
    Oh please, just change the record, spouting this crap for a year plus now... by all means continue to lock ur self away but let the rest of us get on with it.

In all fairness telling people to lock themselves away has also been spouted for over a year as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Nobody thinks they’re the cause of the virus. People are annoyed by the sheer extent and boldness of their pisstaking with their (second) non-essential jaunt abroad, and then getting caught and suddenly claiming victimhood.

So the 7 day average sits at approx 13,000.(Not 16-17000 that was claimed in here recently) The Dailey average needs to be ramped up to around 35,000 to hit the 250,000 target

That’s from the 27th of March

A little over a week later the average over the last 7 days sits at 19,615. Still a long way off the 35,000 per day needed to meet targets. I’ll go out on a limb here say that by the start of May the 7 day average still won’t be at the 35,000 doses required to meet targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It took the barest few weeks over Christmas of ‘letting people get on with it’ for the health service to reach breaking point.

Now, I’m not in favor of sticking to level 5 for so long - especially in lower impacted areas - but calling for a free for all is the most destructive and dangerous position to take, especially so close to reaching the tipping point with vaccines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Jacinta from Graun would be first in line.

The report now is that neither of them actually got the surgery. A cynic might suggest they booked the appointments to try justify what was really just a holiday in Dubai on medical grounds......

Afair this was their second trip as the surgery was botched or infected, how was cosmetic surgery deemed essential travel to Dubai, is anyone checking at airports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Afair this was their second trip as the surgery was botched or infected, how was cosmetic surgery deemed essential travel to Dubai, is anyone checking at airports?
    It seems that essential travel includes any medical appointment. There does not seem to be an essential medical appointment clause.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Someone worked out the Cork cases on Saturday from the covid hub (I think?) yesterday. Can that be done at this stage for yesterday's Cork figures?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    It took the barest few weeks over Christmas of ‘letting people get on with it’ for the health service to reach breaking point.

Now, I’m not in favor of sticking to level 5 for so long - especially in lower impacted areas - but calling for a free for all is the most destructive and dangerous position to take, especially so close to reaching the tipping point with vaccines.

I’m on about people blaming the Irish living here for being responsible every case of the virus in the country , it’s absolute bullsh*t and I’m sick of listening to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I’m on about people blaming the Irish living here for being responsible every case of the virus in the country , it’s absolute bullsh*t and I’m sick of listening to it.

The huge majority of cases though right? Like every other country in the world with their natives. I'm sick of listening to people going on about the spread of the virus and ONLY mentioning air travellers, 'Brazilians' etc, rather than Johnny or Jacinta here who could test positive or be a close contact and have the freedom, with no curbs, to spread it further, which undoubtedly has happened a lot.

Advertisement