Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Corholio wrote: »
    The huge majority of cases though right? Like every other country in the world with their natives. I'm sick of listening to people going on about the spread of the virus and ONLY mentioning air travellers, 'Brazilians' etc, rather than Johnny or Jacinta here who could test positive or be a close contact and have the freedom, with no curbs, to spread it further, which undoubtedly has happened a lot.

It's much easier to blame the government and foreigners, oh and travellers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Someone worked out the Cork cases on Saturday from the covid hub (I think?) yesterday. Can that be done at this stage for yesterday's Cork figures?
    Not until today's figures come out unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

320 cases confirmed & No deaths

44 in Cork yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

Per the COVID tracker app, 36 cases in Cork yesterday
    ^^^ Assuming that is for cases recorded on Friday?
    44 in Cork yesterday
    ^^^ Assuming that is for cases recorded on Saturday?

And where getting Sundays figures today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

44 in Cork yesterday

Unfortunately looks like our days at the bottom of the list are over. That's 3 of the last 4 days with numbers double or so our March average of 20ish.

corkie wrote: »
    ^^^ Assuming that is for cases recorded on Friday?

^^^ Assuming that is for cases recorded on Saturday?

And where getting Sundays figures today.
    36 = cases reported Saturday, tests performed Friday
    44 = cases reported Sunday, tests performed Saturday

Unfortunately looks like our days at the bottom of the list are over. That's 3 of the last 4 days with numbers double or so our March average of 20ish.
    I don't think it would be appropriate to suggest a long term trend without more data. Back in September we had this happen too and it ended up being one LEA (Cork City South West) that caused it.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tippman24

TheDriver wrote: »
    It seems that essential travel includes any medical appointment. There does not seem to be an essential medical appointment clause.
    I have looked at the relevant Statutory Instrument regarding travel. A word included in same is "reasonable". This word should automaticlly mean that going to Dubai for a boob job is not allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tippman24 wrote: »
    I have looked at the relevant Statutory Instrument regarding travel. A word included in same is "reasonable". This word should automaticlly mean that going to Dubai for a boob job is not allowed.

How many Irish went abroad for veneers whitening teeth also? That is non essential

I hope our case increase is related to a cluster and we decrease again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

44 in Cork yesterday

Bit Disappointing

Hopefully we won't be getting higher figures than those and they start to fall over the next few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Yet more GPs taking to social media today slamming the HSE. Vaccines ment to arrive this morning to surgery’s and staff all in ready to go. People all eagerly awaiting but the vaccines don’t arrive till 4 hours later and the helpline the GPs were given wasn’t answered all day

Yet more GPs taking to social media today slamming the HSE. Vaccines ment to arrive this morning to surgery’s and staff all in ready to go. People all eagerly awaiting but the vaccines don’t arrive till 4 hours later and the helpline the GPs were given wasn’t answered all day
    It was idiotic of that GP to organise the appointments for the same hour the vaccines were scheduled to arrive. My GP waits 24 hours after delivery before administering to take into account potential delays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

It was idiotic of that GP to organise the appointments for the same hour the vaccines were scheduled to arrive. My GP waits 24 hours after delivery before administering to take into account potential delays.
    I wouldn't say idiotic. He came in on his bank holiday weekend to get it done promptly. I don't know how you have such an intimate knowledge of your GP's routine, but it strikes me as fair enough to assume the schedule will be tight.

They were told the vaccines would arrive between 12 and 1. The staff were there at 9 to get ready. He tweeted about it at quarter to 3. The vaccines arrived at 4pm, so he rang the patients to come back.

I wonder why he didn't just ring the local private school when they did come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Idiotic to expect vaccines to be delivered when advised? What a bizarre mentality you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

I wouldn't say idiotic. He came in on his bank holiday weekend to get it done promptly. I don't know how you have such an intimate knowledge of your GP's routine, but it strikes me as fair enough to assume the schedule will be tight.

They were told the vaccines would arrive between 12 and 1. The staff were there at 9 to get ready. He tweeted about it at quarter to 3. The vaccines arrived at 4pm, so he rang the patients to come back.

I wonder why he didn't just ring the local private school when they did come.

At least the local private school would get it done quickly via the beacon.

Outdoor transmission accounts for 0.1% of State’s Covid-19 cases
    Just 262 cases traced to outdoor activities since pandemic began, official figures reveal

The Irish Times

What??? It’s Idiotic to expect a delivery to be on time? These are potentially life saving injections he’s administering to people..The fact he doesn’t want to wait 24 hours is brilliant for all the patients he’s looking after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,436 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The report now is that neither of them actually got the surgery. A cynic might suggest they booked the appointments to try justify what was really just a holiday in Dubai on medical grounds......

Colour me shocked.

What??? It’s Idiotic to expect a delivery to be on time? These are potentially life saving injections he’s administering to people..The fact he doesn’t want to wait 24 hours is brilliant for all the patients he’s looking after

Ridiculous how much complaining is going on. Breaking vaccine records week on week and people giving out because one delivery was delayed and the GP tried to share it for likes. yawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Ridiculous how much complaining is going on. Breaking vaccine records week on week and people giving out because one delivery was delayed and the GP tried to share it for likes. yawn.

Give us all a break ffs.

You're the one calling a GP, who is working on a holiday, an idiot for planning vaccines based on communicated delivery times.

Going by your approach you're saying the delivery can't be trusted. If that's the case you can't plan at all.

As for your "Breaking vaccine records"!!! What records are they?

Jesus wept.

Friend of mine with an appointment for City Hall on the 7th.... brilliant too see it finally operational after paying rent for months on end for nothing to show. Hopefully they get through large numbers in there a smoothly

I didn’t realize they were record breakers. My apologies. Who’s records are they breaking you might clarify?

Oh I agree fully that one late delivery isn’t a reason for people to give out.... except it isn’t one late delivery, it’s a constant late delivery to a lot of GPs

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniel2021

Friend of mine with an appointment for City Hall on the 7th.... brilliant too see it finally operational after paying rent for months on end for nothing to show. Hopefully they get through large numbers in there a smoothly

Is city hall still just doing healthcare workers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

When will a fully vaccinated person not have to wear a mask going into shops?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

fin12 wrote: »
    When will a fully vaccinated person not have to wear a mask going into shops?

Next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ludo wrote: »
    Next year.

Source? Can the fully vaccinated person not decided to do it themselves ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

No. Not enough information is available on vaccines preventing transmission. And not everyone gets vaccinated at the same time as you. We all have to wait until the majority are vaccinated. And then continue to follow the science on what's best.

Daniel2021 wrote: »
    Is city hall still just doing healthcare workers?

My mother got a text from CUH today for City Hall vaccine but she prefers to wait for her own GP, she is nervous, she is not in healthcare or frontline, she prefers if someone in that group takes her place, she also wants to know what vaccine she is getting, I know a few older folks who asked this to their GP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Apologies. I made that up as you know well you cant just decide to not wear one when you are vaccinated.
    As Away With The Fairies said, the answer is kinda obvious but of course you knew that before asking didn't you.

Advertisement