Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,106 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

irrespective of who they are social distancing must be adhered to,and the 5 kml limit

I totally agree.
    What other social groups are failing in this regard, in your opinion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I'm all for social distancing but the way people are acting on this thread it's like Cork is riddled. We have one of the country's lowest infection rates and the hospitals are empty. I don't see much of an issue with people attending funerals here rn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭corks finest

I'm all for social distancing but the way people are acting on this thread it's like Cork is riddled. We have one of the country's lowest infection rates and the hospitals are empty. I don't see much of an issue with people attending funerals here rn.

I say again I've a grandaughter who got it, fairly certain it was because of lack of social distancing,and our only way out of this problem is abide by the government advice

I totally agree.
    What other social groups are failing in this regard, in your opinion?[/quote
    Lots of teens obviously, those attending house parties,and from what I heard,a few pubs in the Northside were opened nightime recently, can't say this is categorically true but tbe guy who told me has nothing to gain by it, also said half the norrie hairdressers are fixing away, busy out

I say again I've a grandaughter who got it, fairly certain it was because of lack of social distancing,and our only way out of this problem is abide by the government advice
    Obviously that's concerning yes but it technically happened in a nation which has the highest death rate in Europe. You can't compare what's happening up north with down here. Cork has not been hit badly, and it is statistically proven, no matter how much people think it has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭robinbird

Great to hear that the law are on the ball, considering what they have to put up with,pikeys at their usual madness,and scrotes stabbing each other in the hane
    Without a doubt,crusty types?

We're still messing though, Ballygarvan GAA pitch at 5.45 today, 6+ smallies all grouped up , obviously not from the same family,crazy stuff
    fin12 wrote: »
    Did u call the guards?
    Yes
    Carrigaline park vv busy some ppl certainly not taking this seriously ,groups of teens/ etc hanging around

Spent over 2 hours today in tbe park,and surrounding area, walking, exercising on the machines, at least 8 smallies all playing together absolutely no social distancing observation, all over the park, skate board park worse,
    Parents cop the **** on
    That particular gang are a shagging disgrace no excuse
    Carrigaline park is a bad joke aswell
    11 travellers ( love that description) stopped all together heading from Cork to Laois, guess what happened? Nada ,gardai took their names and addresses FFS let them go,must have the weakest police force in Europe
    My personal opinion is until the gardai come down heavy this is not going away quickly

And as seen ref travellers funerals last few weeks, they don't just do social distancing
    There is though,rules are for everyone, but as usual travellers think rules don't apply to them,as we've seen in Cork at their funerals of late
    No social distancing
    150 plus ppl attending, yet settled ppl obey the max 10 rule
    And this crap 11 idiots traveling from Cork to take part in an illegal sulky race
    Only the do goodie lefties don't see a problem
    Lots of teens obviously, those attending house parties,and from what I heard,a few pubs in the Northside were opened nightime recently, can't say this is categorically true but tbe guy who told me has nothing to gain by it, also said half the norrie hairdressers are fixing away, busy out

So. Norries, Knackers and Crusties mainly you reckon?

Obviously that's concerning yes but it technically happened in a nation which has the highest death rate in Europe. You can't compare what's happening up north with down here. Cork has not been hit badly, and it is statistically proven, no matter how much people think it has.

Reason is obvious,most ppl are adhering, needs to stay this way ,but idiots like those 11 are not adhering and risk passing/ receiving virus ,and before long we could be in a bad state,and all will continue to suffer this shagging lockdown

Reason is obvious,most ppl are adhering, needs to stay this way ,but idiots like those 11 are not adhering and risk passing/ receiving virus ,and before long we could be in a bad state,and all will continue to suffer this shagging lockdown
    This funeral malarky has been going on for week's yet Cork is still fine.

robinbird wrote: »

Oh FFS act like an adult,try,know it must really hurt,but go on you can do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,186 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm sorry to hear about your grand daughter, how is she now, contract tracing might explain how she caught it

It is up to each individual to act caring, sensibly and respectfully to themselves and others as we are all in this together, take care all and be careful

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear about your grand daughter, how is she now, contract tracing might explain how she caught it

It is up to each individual to act caring, sensibly and respectfully to themselves and others as we are all in this together, take care all and be careful

Thank you, strange way of dealing with it in the 6 counties,no real push for social distancing at all,she's confined to her room, awkward as she's 5 other siblings and mom in the house, with no school or work for the others, it must be a nightmare,
    daughter is raising 6 on her own and working, so hope this doesn't spread, street parties all over Derry city lately, utter madness, whereas down here most are copped on- thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

Bouncy Castle Company in Cork has decided to unilaterally reopen itself for business from today.

Simon Harris was asked if a bouncy castle business can open more than likely due to this. He said the answer is no. Wonder what penalties they'll face if they drive on.

User142 wrote: »
    Bouncy Castle Company in Cork has decided to unilaterally reopen itself for business from today.

Simon Harris was asked if a bouncy castle business can open more than likely due to this. He said the answer is no. Wonder what penalties they'll face if they drive on.

Yeah we're looking for trouble ,need to keep up the safety measures for only a little while more before restrictions are lifted, but coming down the road if we don't, could be a more stringent lockdown, country will be broken if silly people percivere with the stupid stuff, bouncy castles need to be bloody avoied I suggest

User142 wrote: »

Yeah we're looking for trouble ,need to keep up the safety measures for only a little while more before restrictions are lifted, but coming down the road if we don't, could be a more stringent lockdown, country will be broken if silly people percivere with the stupid stuff, bouncy castles need to be bloody avoied I suggest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭sparkledrum

What's the story about seeing a doctor? I rang my local surgery, needed blood tests to keep on top of a condition. No one there at all and it's a medical centre. I know someone in Kerry who had no problem having a blood test last week ( taking all precautions obviously). Has anyone been able to visit their doc for this?

What's the story about seeing a doctor? I rang my local surgery, needed blood tests to keep on top of a condition. No one there at all and it's a medical centre. I know someone in Kerry who had no problem having a blood test last week ( taking all precautions obviously). Has anyone been able to visit their doc for this?

I'd no sweat seeing mine,no bloods taken though, if I was you and really worried and unable to see your own doc, I'd attend A and E

Immature people, and young people too, it seems.

It must be exhausting doing so much judging and putting everyone in a negative box.

It must be exhausting doing so much judging and putting everyone in a negative box.
    hugs back at ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,464 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A fair assessment.

the beer revolu
    The 4 people who thought that stopping on a footbridge with a buggy for a chat was a good idea!

Fair bit of judgemental going on there 'bud, heaven forbid women with buggies stop such a busy man as yourself for all of a second or 2ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

A fair assessment.

Quote: the beer revolu
    Growing up in Cork, scumbags/scrotes/skangers/scobies were called whackers. Somewhere along the way this word was assimilated by the word knacker which had a very different meaning.
    Whackers began to be called knackers.

So what happened the word whacker?

Ah, on another thread I mixed up skanger and whacker. Whackers were cork scum.
    I'm shocked

the beer revolu
    The 4 people who thought that stopping on a footbridge with a buggy for a chat was a good idea!

Fair bit of judgemental going on there 'bud, heaven forbid women with buggies stop such a busy man as yourself for all of a second or 2ðŸ‘

:D:D:D
    Ooooo, I have a stalker.
    So excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Quote: the beer revolu
    Growing up in Cork, scumbags/scrotes/skangers/scobies were called whackers. Somewhere along the way this word was assimilated by the word knacker which had a very different meaning.
    Whackers began to be called knackers.

So what happened the word whacker?

Ah, on another thread I mixed up skanger and whacker. Whackers were cork scum.
    I'm shocked

Dude...you are searching other threads to get back at people yet you have not bothered to address the rule breaking you yourself have mentioned on this thread. You personally broke at least 2 of the restrictions and possibly a third depending if 2 hours in a park is classed as a brief visit for exercise or not.

There are a lot more than norries/skangers/teenagers "breaking the rules".

All the government really hope for, and could expect, was roughly 80% compliance. You are NEVER going to get 100%. People do silly things and the more that do, the more others will copy them. Its human nature unfortunately and that is why people should be constantly reminded of their behaviour but not berated for breaches. The push back will get stronger if it turns into a nanny state type scenario with draconian punishments. Encouragement works better.

How are tennis clubs and golf courses essential to be open in phase 1?

How are tennis clubs and golf courses essential to be open in phase 1?

No body said they are essential. They are just easier to manage social distance wise. Golf especially. And no, I don't play golf so I don't particularly care if it opens or not personally.
    It is all about a gradual reopening.

Not essential to have take aways open either but gotta find a balance between lives and economy. You can't just let economy completely collapse indefinitely as that will cause bigger problems...God that sounds like Trump.

I'd consider golf and tennis luxury sport past times for the upper richer classes :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

I'd consider golf and tennis luxury sport past times for the upper richer classes :p

That's irrelevant really (and untrue), they're low risk sports and have been selected as suitable to restart in phase one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭.red.

Kerry25x wrote: »
    That's irrelevant really (and untrue), they're low risk sports and have been selected as suitable to restart in phase one.

Fishing is similar, very safe to have a group of 10 or more meet up along a beach and fish away, social distancing is necessary anyway because it's usually 10m apart to stop lines crossing. Fishing a lake from the shore would be similar.
    The only real danger is the travel to and from the venue, which is why it still needs to be within your 5km radius.
    People need to get out of the house for some air and normality. Opening the safer sports like this is a start, baby steps are needed.

It is also a lot more than just golf and tennis. They are probably the most popular so get the headlines but the full list is:

It is now possible to participate in a range of sporting activities in groups of no more than 4 people within 5 kilometres of the households of those involved.

Social distancing should be maintained at all times.
    The range of sports which can resume is as follows:

golf
    pitch and putt
    tennis
    equestrian sport (not in indoor arenas)
    athletics (clubs in outdoor track setting)
    cycling
    triathlon
    orienteering
    bowls
    angling
    open water swimming
    sailing
    rowing
    canoeing
    hillwalking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Fota wild life park re opening for visitors wednesday...no mention of the 5km rule....how the hell is this allowed

Advertisement