Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Considering I’m diabetic type 2 I thought I would get it sooner. Silly me I suppose

Does diabetes put you at a higher risk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

marno21 wrote: »
    CUH down to 1 patient. Mercy has 2.

0 in ICU in Cork.

Brilliant stuff atm
    Fantastic news.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭sporina

Considering I’m diabetic type 2 I thought I would get it sooner. Silly me I suppose

oh ok - mayb it if you wer type 1.. not sure about type 2..

what has your GP said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,065 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was told this morning that my gp still working through the over 70. My parents are probably gonna get this vaccine before me at this stage. They can register next week

You should get it soon, I would contact your GP again

No matter type 1 or 2, diabetes is high risk

I hope you get it soon, take care

• Registered Users Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    You should get it soon, I would contact your GP again

No matter type 1 or 2, diabetes is high risk

I hope you get it soon, take care

i would have thought so as well, but my doctor pretty much told me that there was no spares and they were still going through over 70s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

i would have thought so as well, but my doctor pretty much told me that there was no spares and they were still going through over 70s.

My brother was jumped up the list due to having type 2 diabetes. He's 59.
    The call came from his consultant, not his gp.

My father's after being offered 4 times. He's technically group 4 but a HCW so got done first week in January. All of his consultants referred him. Mental how some are getting 4-5 referrals and others none at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭ofcork

Mother is 76 with type 2 got hers last friday and pfizer offering vaccine to family members of employees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

From what I’m hearing type 2 diabetics that attend the hospital clinics have been called through the hospital, not their GP

5 deaths (RIP) 461 cases, no county breakdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

Would all the people be vacinated by Pfizer be counted in the numbers released by the government? All of their staff have been done and with families being done now that surely must be 100K people

100k people???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Not 100k but in the tens of thousands possibly and this would be extra to the government rollout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Almost 120,000 people jabbed Wednesday Thursday and Friday combined. Absolutely fantastic to finally see those numbers and meeting targets. Hopefully all the issues are resolved now and we can keep bettering these numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

ofcork wrote: »
    100k people???

how many workers do they have? I was assuming 20k workers with each getting an average 5 people vacciniated including themselves. maybe that's way too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

how many workers do they have? I was assuming 20k workers with each getting an average 5 people vacciniated including themselves. maybe that's way too much

4,000 staff.

20 cases in Cork yesterday

429 new cases 1 death (RIP)
    174 COVID19 patients in hospital with 45 in ICU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

The weekend Vaccination numbers look to be very strong this week first doses stood at 966,661 on Friday but Taoiseach has confirmed today we are passed 1 million first doses. So minimum 34,000ish first doses on top of second doses for the weekend. More Great news in roll out and please god we can keep getting the numbers where they need to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I met three different unrelated people of varying ages this morning all of whom were getting their first shot this afternoon in cit ( or MTU whatever it is called now). Definitely a good ramp up underway. Good to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It’s good to see the vaccination ramping up and both my parents have had their first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine. The J and J vaccine if it gets approved could be a huge game changer because I think I heard Simon coveney saying there was 600,000(radio this morning) vaccines that Ireland has to use. I mean the single dose nature means it could make huge difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Ludo wrote: »
    I met three different unrelated people of varying ages this morning all of whom were getting their first shot this afternoon in cit ( or MTU whatever it is called now). Definitely a good ramp up underway. Good to see.

Was at the MTU centre this afternoon. From walking in the front door to physically completing the vaccination took less than five minutes. Pretty seamless procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Got my first jab this morning at MTU/CIT (37yo). Place was jammed. People of all ages were getting it. In and out in less than 20 minutes and that's including the 15 minute observation period after you get the shot. Very organised set-up. The worst part of it all was just having to go to Bishopstown to do it when Pairc UI Caoimh and City Hall are within walking distance, but hey I can't complain!

GP rang me on Wednesday and said they had worked through all the over 60's from that particular clinic and were moving on to high risk patients next. I knew I'd be getting it early but not THIS early. Delighted to get it done, though.

Around 4k in Ireland I believe.

Getting my vaccine this week!!

14 cases in Cork today.

Guineys reopening tomorrow "essential items"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Guineys reopening tomorrow "essential items"

Us norries will be out in full swing :D:D:p:pac::pac:

What about penny’s??

• Advertisement

10 further COVID19 related deaths are being reported today (RIP)

The HPSC confirms they have been notified of a further 426 cases of COVID19 in the Republic of Ireland

16 of the cases reported today are in Cork

Advertisement