Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

Ludo wrote: »
    Dude...you are searching other threads to get back at people yet you have not bothered to address the rule breaking you yourself have mentioned on this thread. You personally broke at least 2 of the restrictions and possibly a third depending if 2 hours in a park is classed as a brief visit for exercise or not.

There are a lot more than norries/skangers/teenagers "breaking the rules".

Is it you or that bigoted beaut above using these stereotypes & judging half this city ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

dwasol wrote: »
    Is it you or that bigoted beaut above using these stereotypes & judging half this city ?

What? I am only judging one person here. The one who judging others while also obliviously posting his own violations in this thread. I think you messed up the quote above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Vodafone and Carphone warehouse meant to be open in Mahon Point Shopping Centre.

How is this allowed, i thought it was pretty clear general retail in enclosed shopping centres was not allowed till final phase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Vodafone and Carphone warehouse meant to be open in Mahon Point Shopping Centre.

How is this allowed, i thought it was pretty clear general retail in enclosed shopping centres was not allowed till final phase.

Shops selling "technology" and household appliances are allowed open. Harvey Norman is open also. Not selling furniture etc though AFAIK.

Again from gov.ie:
    List of retailers that can open on 18 May
    hardware stores
    builders merchants and those providing essential supplies and tools for gardening
    farming and agriculture; garden centres and farmers markets
    Opticians/Optometrists/Outlets providing hearing test services, selling hearing aids and appliances
    retailers involved in the sale, supply and repair of motor vehicles, motorcycles and bicycles and related facilities (for example, tyre sales and repairs)
    office products and services; electrical, IT and phone sales, repair and maintenance services for home. This does not include homeware stores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Vodafone and

I think that rule is limited to "all other non-essential retail outlets" that can reopen in phase 3. Chemists, post offices etc have been operating in shopping centers all along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Fota wild life park re opening for visitors wednesday...no mention of the 5km rule....how the hell is this allowed

To be fair its fairly easy to social distance in there. You can't just walk up and pay either, you have to prebook your slot to avoid queueing at the entrance.

But yes, shouldn't be going unless its in your 5k but many at work choosing to ignore that to make a Fota trip with the kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭beer enigma

To be fair its fairly easy to social distance in there. You can't just walk up and pay either, you have to prebook your slot to avoid queueing at the entrance.

But yes, shouldn't be going unless its in your 5k but many at work choosing to ignore that to make a Fota trip with the kids.

Would be easy enough for Fota to ask for an address at booking and with a quick check on google maps just decline anyone outside of 5km.

Wouldn't catch all, but a lot wouldn't think twice about giving heir real address as part of booking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Fota wild life park re opening for visitors wednesday...no mention of the 5km rule....how the hell is this allowed

They've been pretty clear on the 5km to be fair:

Looking forward to going there at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Why didn't anyone tell me the pandemic is over? Have I slept for 2 years? Gang of kids playing on estate, 4 seperate groups of teenagers walking around, cars flying past. It's like the good old days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭.red.

seefin wrote: »
    Why didn't anyone tell me the pandemic is over? Have I slept for 2 years? Gang of kids playing on estate, 4 seperate groups of teenagers walking around, cars flying past. It's like the good old days

My kids are out in the little green outside my house on a picnic blanket, sitting over 2m away from another families kids, all laughing and joking and having a disco with a little speaker. They get up every now and then and cycle up and down the road, but in different groups from the same household, then back to the picnic blankets. There's 7 kids in total and if you drove passed you wouldn't realise it but every rule is being adhered to, properly. I'm sitting in my car watching them/supervising and they've all been warned that they don't get a second chance with anything, one break if a rule and they're back inside. That's been agreed between the houses.
    It's actually lovely to see them with smiles on their faces.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

.red. wrote: »
    My kids are out in the little green outside my house on a picnic blanket, sitting over 2m away from another families kids, all laughing and joking and having a disco with a little speaker. They get up every now and then and cycle up and down the road, but in different groups from the same household, then back to the picnic blankets. There's 7 kids in total and if you drove passed you wouldn't realise it but every rule is being adhered to, properly. I'm sitting in my car watching them/supervising and they've all been warned that they don't get a second chance with anything, one break if a rule and they're back inside. That's been agreed between the houses.
    It's actually lovely to see them with smiles on their faces.

That's grand and what we're meant to do . I'm talking about groups right on top of each other. Hopefully it'll be ok and won't cause any significant increase . I get that teenagers must be so sick of it and kids too. Am just a bit worried about potential impact if this is happening all the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭sporina

city v busy today - English Market was extremely so

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

https://twitter.com/dukescoffeeco/status/1263149227833786373

Traders aren't happy with the councils plans to introduce one way streets for pedestrians on Careys Lane and French Church St.

People have been shouting at the council for weeks about this happening when we try and reopen. Instead we'd a bunch of fools saying "sure look there's feck all people in town right now" back then. Pat O Connell of the English Market Traders Assoc. dismissing the solutions as "green issues" we didn't have time for a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,465 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Tobin Street, French Church Street and Carey’s Lane

Thought for a second the council were proposing pedestrianising these streets, wouldn't put it past them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,243 ✭✭✭✭rob316

How do you make one way pedestrian streets? Sounds ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

TheChizler wrote: »
    Thought for a second the council were proposing pedestrianising these streets, wouldn't put it past them.

I honestly think they are kicking themselves for placing the meaningless 'pedestrian priority' signs up on North Main St and Cornmarket St by the Raven and the Roundy before COVID.

They would be perfect solution for the council who are looking for ways to not do anything while making it look like they are.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I guess, there is nowhere in the city centre where I can get photocopying done, anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I guess, there is nowhere in the city centre where I can get photocopying done, anyone know?
    Some of the mobile repairs shops that are open may do some photocopying ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cork second most cases in the country *overall, including previous ones* again, surpassed Kildare. Cork 1386 cases up to 19/05

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭corks finest

Cork second most cases in the country *overall, including previous ones* again, surpassed Kildare. Cork 1386 cases up to 19/05

Think numbers will climb for a while longer, as once again Carrigaline park yesterday' slabs of beer and 12/13 teens none social distancing were in there, know it it's feckin hard for teens but just spread out,
    PS I've a teen myself and not an altogether victor Meldrew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,186 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Does any post office?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,243 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its almost as if been the 2nd most populous county matters!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

rob316 wrote: »
    Its almost as if been the 2nd most populous county matters!

Its almost as if I was just stating a statistic since it was overtaken a few weeks ago!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Think numbers will climb for a while longer, as once again Carrigaline park yesterday' slabs of beer and 12/13 teens none social distancing were in there, know it it's feckin hard for teens but just spread out,
    PS I've a teen myself and not an altogether victor Meldrew

I don’t know which is worse the ones that meet up like that or the tattletales like your good self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I know a couple who travelled to Killarney for the day by bus. (In their Sixties)

Just for a day out.

Its ridiculous people have no cop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

mikeym wrote: »
    I know a couple who travelled to Killarney for the day by bus. (In their Sixties)

Just for a day out.

Its ridiculous people have no cop on.

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭PreCocious

Looks like one half the crowd in Carrigaline park are teenagers and the other half is made up of people going down so they can say they saw the teenagers.

It's almost as if some people are out on patrol to see where they can spot people not socially distancing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,464 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Why?

Exactly.
    There's nothing open. You can't even get to the National Park without your own transport.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does any post office?

I'm not sure. Good idea though. I'm sure they would help.

I got it sorted anyway, met my dad, keeping the 2M. He has a printer/copier at home. But this could be seen as essential maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭corks finest

PreCocious wrote: »
    Looks like one half the crowd in Carrigaline park are teenagers and the other half is made up of people going down so they can say they saw the teenagers.

It's almost as if some people are out on patrol to see where they can spot people not socially distancing.

It's almost as if some ppl don't care?

Advertisement