Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,214 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Don't really care about the crowds but there is 100s of teenage gangs drunk around grand parade. Gaurds begging the manager in soho to stop serving but it's really kids with cans mostly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭ofcork

Pubs serving takeaway should be stopped because it has give the green light to street drinking for every tom dick and harry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Hospital numbers have hit a plateau if anything. We have a bit to go yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,065 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ofcork wrote: »
    Pubs serving takeaway should be stopped because it has give the green light to street drinking for every tom dick and harry.

I really thought takeaway pints, street drinking etc., was prohibited, against the law

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Does anyone know if there is somewhere I can make a complaint against a GP clinic regarding the vaccine roll out?

A friend (27 years old) has gotten a vaccine for both herself and her boyfriend as her mother works in the doctors office.
    Neither have any health conditions nor are they at any risk, both have been working from home since March 2020.
    Apparently it’s very easily to manipulate the justification for a vaccine, hence she could get one so easily despite being young and in good health.
    It wasn’t a case of them having leftovers that needed to be used up so they wouldn’t go to waste either, she knew she was getting the vaccine for a few weeks before she actually got it.

Another friends mother is in her 60’s, has survived cancer twice, is diabetic and has COPD yet is still waiting. Two other friends are frontline workers (not healthcare) and are also still waiting.

I’m extremely pissed off that the system can clearly be manipulated so easily with such little consequence.
    I know that that the more we have vaccinated the better but skipping the queue in front of those genuinely in need just doesn’t sit right with me.
    If it’s that easy to do then she can’t be the only one doing it either. I don’t want to be a Karen but I just don’t think this is right at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I really thought takeaway pints, street drinking etc., was prohibited, against the law

Local by law brought in the 90s by the council. Its a 63€ fine to the council. On the scale of offences its down there with not paying for parking.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is somewhere I can make a complaint against a GP clinic regarding the vaccine roll out?

A friend (27 years old) has gotten a vaccine for both herself and her boyfriend as her mother works in the doctors office.
    Neither have any health conditions nor are they at any risk, both have been working from home since March 2020.
    Apparently it’s very easily to manipulate the justification for a vaccine, hence she could get one so easily despite being young and in good health.
    It wasn’t a case of them having leftovers that needed to be used up so they wouldn’t go to waste either, she knew she was getting the vaccine for a few weeks before she actually got it.

Another friends mother is in her 60’s, has survived cancer twice, is diabetic and has COPD yet is still waiting. Two other friends are frontline workers (not healthcare) and are also still waiting.

I’m extremely pissed off that the system can clearly be manipulated so easily with such little consequence.
    I know that that the more we have vaccinated the better but skipping the queue in front of those genuinely in need just doesn’t sit right with me.
    If it’s that easy to do then she can’t be the only one doing it either. I don’t want to be a Karen but I just don’t think this is right at all.

HSE or Department of Health maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Goldbergs pub seem to be supplying half the city's teenagers with alcohol around my neck of the woods. There were hundreds of drunk teenagers on the Quay at the corner there an hour ago and hundreds more in Kennedy Park a little further down sitting around in the pitch dark.

I don't mind them drinking as such but the place is absolutely destroyed with litter every Sunday morning. And the smell of píss.....well you can imagine. Goldbergs must be making a killing during all this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Takeaway pints were never banned, just discouraged, I imagine if they banned it completely it could be challenged due to off licences etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Hospital numbers have hit a plateau if anything. We have a bit to go yet.
    Hospital numbers down 25% in last 7 days. This day last week: 163. Tonight: 122.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Goldbergs pub seem to be supplying half the city's teenagers with alcohol around my neck of the woods. There were hundreds of drunk teenagers on the Quay at the corner there an hour ago and hundreds more in Kennedy Park a little further down sitting around in the pitch dark.

I don't mind them drinking as such but the place is absolutely destroyed with litter every Sunday morning. And the smell of píss.....well you can imagine. Goldbergs must be making a killing during all this.

You've identified another issue there though, why in Cork and basically all irish cities/towns do we not make our public spaces people friendly. The Quay should be a welcoming place not the concrete mess thats there and should have basic facilities such as toilets and bins provided. It's not excusing any bad behaviour but as a nation we don't help ourselves.

Anyway best back on topic, when pubs are allowed conduct outdoor drinking at least it will be a controlled environment. Absolutely no control at the moment and it's clear that people especially the youth have lost all buy in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

You've identified another issue there though, why in Cork and basically all irish cities/towns do we not make our public spaces people friendly. The Quay should be a welcoming place not the concrete mess thats there and should have basic facilities such as toilets and bins provided. It's not excusing any bad behaviour but as a nation we don't help ourselves.

Anyway best back on topic, when pubs are allowed conduct outdoor drinking at least it will be a controlled environment. Absolutely no control at the moment and it's clear that people especially the youth have lost all buy in.

Not just the youth tho. The buy in across the board is way way down. People of all ages. The biggest turning point I feel was last month when the little restrictions that were eased were not been followed for a long time...It showed how out of touch they were with people as compliance was waining before then but that tipped a lot more people into the not caring any more bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭PreCocious

I'm not disagreeing with your substantive point about our poor quality public spaces but it should be remembered that Kennedy Quay is still a working dock.

It's dangerous for anyone drinking alcohol by open quays, ports, docks, if they fall in the water, drowning etc.,

Are the Gardai not patrolling the city at night, discouraging groups gangs drinking etc.,

The guards are around alright saw 4 by electric last friday night holding some guy plenty of guards there for the protest yesterday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

The guards are around alright saw 4 by electric last friday night holding some guy plenty of guards there for the protest yesterday!!

Funnily enough I saw the Guards clear the area in front of Electric last night. Was driving past at the time. Think there was three squad cars, a van and circa 10 guards getting rid of the crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

It's dangerous for anyone drinking alcohol by open quays, ports, docks, if they fall in the water, drowning etc.,

Are the Gardai not patrolling the city at night, discouraging groups gangs drinking etc.,

I've seen them try and clear the dock but it was pretty futile. People aren't going home. By the time the Gards do a sweep, people will have returned behind them. They just got in their cars and left after that.

And this was when the crowd on the docks was probably a quarter of what it is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Takeaway pints were never banned, just discouraged, I imagine if they banned it completely it could be challenged due to off licences etc

It's street drinking that is banned.
    In theory, the takeaway pints are to be brought home.

Apparently goldbergs have people cleaning up the area according to someone on with neil during the week,doesent fix the toilet issue though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Apparently goldbergs have people cleaning up the area according to someone on with neil during the week,doesent fix the toilet issue though.

I think we are going to need a lot of temporary public toilets. There's going to be a lot of street drinking this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭PreCocious

I walked along the Quay this morning on the way into town and other than some broken glass it was very clean and there were a lot of bins around. Good to hear that Goldberg's are paying for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,681 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

402 cases and 1 death.

61 cases in Cork yesterday. Would assume most if not all are in east Cork based on the stories going around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Acosta

I think we are going to need a lot of temporary public toilets. There's going to be a lot of street drinking this summer.

I like the public urinals they have in Amsterdam. You barely notice them. A few of these in town and places like The Lough would be nice. Facilties also needed for women but at least urinals would stop lads pissing everywhere

https://whatsupwithamsterdam.com/cms/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/krul.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭Be right back

It's a shame to see high numbers in Cork after such low figures for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

61 cases in Cork yesterday. Would assume most if not all are in east Cork based on the stories going around.

Yes, anecdotally I’ve heard of people testing positive in East Cork. Let’s hope they can contain it.

Shame we are going high :( is it from the 18th party?

Shame we are going high :( is it from the 18th party?
    Looks it yeah. I heard anecdotally it closed multiple businesses in Youghal and at least two schools. That Facebook group for schools cases has one school in Youghal with 20 cases alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniel2021

I drove passed Goldberg's Friday evening around 6 and the place was mobbed but complete mix of ages not just teens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,214 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's like magaluf down the grand parade tonight, is the best way I could describe. Not a guard in sight

Advertisement