Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

This is really important. With the vaccines rolling out, cases now, quite frankly mean nothing. All of the metrics for the elderly and vulnerable are plummeting at an astonishing rate.

This may be the first post of yours I have ever agreed with :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Ludo wrote: »
    This may be the first post of yours I have ever agreed with :-)

Their might have been one in tv forum too :D

Covid is a very controversial topic but I do think we all just want the end of it ASAP it’s how we get their is where all the disagreements lay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,064 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Their might have been one in tv forum too :D

Covid is a very controversial topic but I do think we all just want the end of it ASAP it’s how we get their is where all the disagreements lay

Oh yes we all want an end sight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    We need to see no deaths from it and less hospitalisations

111 people in hospital with Covid as of 8pm Friday night lowest since Sept out of population of circa 4.9million! We are certainly on the right track.

Also worth noting that Covid is not going away. Covid is here pretty much for ever. Just need to vaccinate and build the herd immunity to keep the damage down so life can return to normal. Sounds blunt but it's true unfortunately.

111 people in hospital with Covid as of 8pm Friday night lowest since Sept out of population of circa 4.9million! We are certainly on the right track.

Also worth noting that Covid is not going away. Covid is here pretty much for ever. Just need to vaccinate and build the herd immunity to keep the damage down so life can return to normal. Sounds blunt but it's true unfortunately.

Not blunt at all. That’s the reality of things. If we aim for zero Covid we will never get our life’s back. People die from lots of preventable things so worrying about eradicating this seems useless. Keep numbers low and keep vaccinations high and take Dr Tony and NPHET off our TVs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Drove past the City Hall about an hour ago and there was lot of people going in - great to see the vaccinations happening en masse.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Drove past the City Hall about an hour ago and there was lot of people going in - great to see the vaccinations happening en masse.

Good to hear its busy at the weekend.
    Latest figures are out for Thursday and over 46k vaccinated which is a new daily high. They need circa 80k or so across Fri, Sat, Sun to meet the weekly target of 220k. We are getting their folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭Be right back

My parents are getting their 2nd one today!! Woohoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,423 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wife got a call the other day for an appointment tomorrow. Some issue last year flagged on GP system, so I assume that put her into cohort 7. Off to MTU we go so

Week summary from RiochtConor GavRielly
    - Cases down 11.1%
    - % Positive down 11.1%
    - Tests conducted up 0.3%
    - Reported deaths down 34.1%
    - Average in Hospital down 16.4%
    - Average in ICU down 16.1%

Latest info on vaccines was Thursday stood at 1,746,912 total

Last Thursday was 1,527,844

And lastly of today's cases, half are under 31, 77% are under 45

All extremely positive metrics and the mild weather hasn’t really been a factor yet. Some of these figures will skew as society re opens but important to look at the positives and giving people back their freedoms like sports etc.

• Advertisement

1 death (RIP) 408 cases today no county breakdown

Friday gone another record breaking day of 52,278 vaccines administered bringing the 7 day total to 226,411

1.8m doses in total. One third of 16 and up with some protection. One in 8 fully protected. Forget about daily cases and deaths (however unfortunate to those closest) and look at these figures and the over all pictures in the hospitals also. If theirs another 40,000 done over the weekend that will make it 235k for the week. That's 6% of the eligible population in a week. Their is light at the end and it’s fast approaching but it needs the momentum on the vaccine roll out to continue ramping up to offset any set backs as we return to normality

Micheal Martin got the AZ Vaccine in City Hall in the last few minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

I hope he feels like I felt after it! It absolutely floored me.

Regardless of what you think of him politically wishing ill on someone is a ****ty thing to say. I don't think his cut out to be leader of the country but I don't wish him any ill health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Perhaps you got just what you deserved.
    Karma and all that jazz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭opus

One of my colleagues (late 50's) registered last Tuesday & got a text last night for an appointment on Thursday. Pretty quick turnaround.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I registered online 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

Regardless of what you think of him politically wishing ill on someone is a ****ty thing to say. I don't think his cut out to be leader of the country but I don't wish him any ill health.

I don't wish him ill but he jumped to be Taoiseach too fast but could any leader do good during this pandemic, every country has had failings

I wouldn't wish Covid19 on my worst enemy or anyone

I hope everyone gets vaccinated, take care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

No deaths as 381 further cases of Covid-19 confirmed in Ireland

188 in Dublin, 39 in Donegal, 30 in Kildare, 13 in Limerick, 13 in Cork, 13 in Tipperary, 13 in Westmeath and the remaining 72 cases are spread across 15 other counties

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/76fa4-statement-from-the-national-public-health-emergency-team-monday-10-may/

At least the numbers have dropped in Cork again, hopefully it stays that way.

Edit: - Also got a well needed Haircut & Beard trim today.

• Advertisement

I can't wait for my beard and brows wax, the mask at least covers up :p hairdressers, beauticians and barbers booked out for a while I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I can't wait for my beard and brows wax, the mask at least covers up :p hairdressers, beauticians and barbers booked out for a while I'd say

i've a hair appointment tomorrow morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

@JP Liz V1

Booked an appointment on 30th April and was surprised to get it for today. <<< Messenger to Hairdresser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Perhaps you got just what you deserved.
    Karma and all that jazz.
    Perhaps I did :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

My barber isn't doing appointments for some reason. You have to queue outside the door. Bit annoying really so just going to wait out the week i'd say as there was a queue of 4 people outside yesterday when i went along

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭aisling86

I registered online 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

Did you verify your email, I have heard lots of people are missing this final step after you register & only realising when they haven't gotten an appointment after 2-3wks. My father registered last Tuesday & got his text yesterday for appointment on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Cork2021

As hospital number come down CUH and the Mercy seem to have had a big uplift in admissions.
    4 yesterday for CUH seems high all of a sudden. Anyone have any insights to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

aisling86 wrote: »
    Did you verify your email, I have heard lots of people are missing this final step after you register & only realising when they haven't gotten an appointment after 2-3wks. My father registered last Tuesday & got his text yesterday for appointment on Friday.

I did. Last sunday they were vaccinating 69 year olds, so maybe I need to be patient. This in West cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Cork2021 wrote: »
    As hospital number come down CUH and the Mercy seem to have had a big uplift in admissions.
    4 yesterday for CUH seems high all of a sudden. Anyone have any insights to it?
    Would expect that given the amount of cases in east Cork. Parents etc getting it too may need oxygen support.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

My first vax tomorrow at PUC!
    Notified by text message.

Advertisement