Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    My first vax tomorrow at PUC!
    Notified by text message.

Can i ask when you registered? I registered last Thursday and whilst some people who registered with or after me have got their texts I've received nothing yet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Can i ask when you registered? I registered last Thursday and whilst some people who registered with or after me have got their texts I've received nothing yet.

I didn't register. I'm a patient of a CUH clinic, so that's how it was done.

Hope you get vaxed soon. Shouldn't be long! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

My wife (53) registered yesterday online and got a GP appointment for Astrazeneca vaccine for 2 weeks time in Midleton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

9 deaths and 379 cases confirmed:

22 in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

I got my first shot in the City hall today, having registered by phone on the day that 59 year olds could register. Have to say very well organised my appointment was 9.35 was there at 9.25 I said to the lady I'll be back in 5 minutes if you want she said no you can join the quick. Seamless movemnt through the building and I was out at 9.50

....A question for the knowledgeable. My wife (58)has been told by her doctor to get Pfizer there are genuine platelet and other issues.The Doctor had said she hoped to vaccinate the wife in the surgery but rang today saying that they were told there was a holdup with Pfizer delivery. She advised to ring the HSE and they should be able to arrange to have her done with Pfizer.
    She rang and was told no your doctor will have to arrange this. Any thoughts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

Does anyone have info about the J&J data?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭notAMember

Would expect that given the amount of cases in east Cork. Parents etc getting it too may need oxygen support.

Could also be existing cases in hospital for other reasons testing positive.

I know of one woman for example who was in CUMH recently giving birth, with no symptoms, who tested positive.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

34 in Cork today

5 day moving average is 27.2.

14 day incidence rate is 90.4/100k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,064 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

marno21 wrote: »
    34 in Cork today

448 new cases with 8 deaths (RIP)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

^^^ RIP

Put them in context: -

"
    Of the deaths notified today:

3 occurred in March
    2 occurred in February
    3 occurred in January or earlier
    "
    https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/9919a-statement-from-the-national-public-health-emergency-team-wednesday-12-may/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

corkie wrote: »
    ^^^ RIP

Put them in context: -

"
    Of the deaths notified today:

3 occurred in March
    2 occurred in February
    3 occurred in January or earlier
    "
    https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/9919a-statement-from-the-national-public-health-emergency-team-wednesday-12-may/

And too add to that from GavRiely & RiochtConor

Another big test day with 19,523 tests complete. On % test positive

3 day, 5 day and 7 day is 2.4%

Today's data
    # of tests 19,523 (Hospital 8,401)
    % test positive 2.39%
    Positive tests 467

Of the 448 cases reported today: half are under 29, and 78% are under 45.

So most, if not all of this group, will be fine after a few days of watching Netflix in bed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

marno21 wrote: »
    34 in Cork today

Cork rapidly moving up the cases per 100,000 table

Midtable now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Higher than we’ve been used to. New outbreak or residual from the known recent sources? (Youghal and Mardyke college parties)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Another new vaccine record on Tuesday and the 2million mark to be hit shortly as well

All positive news

Positive-ish.

It’s good they are getting them done at all, and fantastic to see the hospital numbers coming down.

But there are half a million doses in the freezer, delivered but not used. We are a month behind where we could be, if the HSE was efficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Looks like HSE now under a cyber hack attack, appointments cancelled

notAMember wrote: »

But there are half a million doses in the freezer, delivered but not used. ...............

That's largely the supply for the next two weeks.
    It's not a stockpile or anything.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    That's largely the supply for the next two weeks.
    It's not a stockpile or anything.

Not really, they are only dishing out 150k per week. It's a month behind.

It'll have to do anyway, unlikely to catch up, given the mess at the start.

Most of the high-risk people are covered for now, so the death rate should stay where it is or get lower, hovering around the current average of 3 per day. Hopefully, in the end, less than 90 or so further families suffering bereavement from this lag.

Pen Rua wrote: »

Is this now a "thing" stupid idiots putting up marquees, I don't care who it is, fine the fcekers, sky high fines or prison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is this now a "thing" stupid idiots putting up marquees, I don't care who it is, fine the fcekers, sky high fines or prison

Seems to be cultural.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Seems to be cultural.

Surely when the first case came out and drew media attention, rules broken, court order, fines etc., the others would cancel but now more seem to be doing it, the opposite, ignorant idiots

Are these the same folks involved in the fighting?

Not really, they are only dishing out 150k per week.............

VACCINATION PROGRAMME OVERVIEW AS OF TUESDAY, 11 MAY 2021
    Total Vaccination Doses

VACCINATION PROGRAMME OVERVIEW AS OF TUESDAY, 4 MAY 2021
    Total Vaccination Doses

that's 267,047 doses from the most recent week I've access to data from :)
    I would think your 150k is an average encompassing April and maybe May also........

as I said earlier............ the 500k doses you referred to are largely the supply for the next two weeks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

VACCINATION PROGRAMME OVERVIEW AS OF TUESDAY, 11 MAY 2021
    Total Vaccination Doses

VACCINATION PROGRAMME OVERVIEW AS OF TUESDAY, 4 MAY 2021
    Total Vaccination Doses

I would think your 150k is an average encompassing April and maybe May also........

as I said earlier............ the 500k doses you referred to are largely the supply for the next two weeks :)

Some people have it in their head that the HSE couldn't possibly roll out this vaccination program without huge blunders. These people don't appear to be interested in actual facts, as I see it.

Oh that's better this week alright! I stand corrected on the amount they are keeping back, but still do think it's not where it should be.

Deliveries come in every few days, and deliveries also continue to ramp up, so keeping half a million doses in the back pocket is a lot by any stretch, but no need to quibble over numbers.

I'm embarrassed also by the situation here because all my family is jabbed except me at the moment, with no appointment in sight. And I'm the eldest. They live in other countries (nederlands, uk , germany), so it definitely feels to me like we are behind everyone else.

Oh that's better this week alright! I stand corrected on the amount they are keeping back, but still do think it's not where it should be. ...........

they are quite close to where they claimed they would be, 2m doses administered by mid May is nothing to b1tch about IMO by any metric they ever provided.

they are quite close to where they claimed they would be, 2m doses administered by mid May is nothing to b1tch about IMO by any metric they ever provided.

Yes, it's possible to provide a lowball metric for yourself and then meet it. Or not quite meet it, but be happy with that anyway. :pac:

That's just accepting less than the best.

It's alright-ish. Could they do better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Some people have it in their head that the HSE couldn't possibly roll out this vaccination program without huge blunders. These people don't appear to be interested in actual facts, as I see it.

The HSE's track record speaks for itself. Impressive weekly figures are just a snap shot in time. It's very early to be giving out praise best to review things when the prorgramme has been completed.

Advertisement