Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

notAMember wrote: »
    Yes, it's possible to provide a lowball metric for yourself and then meet it. Or not quite meet it, but be happy with that anyway. :pac:

That's just accepting less than the best.

It's alright-ish. Could they do better?

What lowball metric did they provide?
    You suggested earlier they are a month off something or other?

Perhaps quantitate your point so we can try and see what you are actually saying :)

As I see it, they've administered over 250k doses in the last 7 days and according to you they have 500k on ice, I'm not really seeing where they aren't administering what they have access to, that's all they can do to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Surely when the first case came out and drew media attention, rules broken, court order, fines etc., the others would cancel but now more seem to be doing it, the opposite, ignorant idiots

Are these the same folks involved in the fighting?

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0514/1221618-cork-wedding-marquee/#:~:text=Cork%20City%20Council%20has%20been,at%20Mahon%20in%20the%20city.&text=The%20injunction%20was%20granted%20on,were%20not%20represented%20in%20court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

The fact that they are currently under a Cyber attack (ransomware apparently, haven't checked up personally) means this will cause a further delay.

How unlucky can you possibly get?

Like, they aren't trying to be slow about the roll out and they certainly didn't delay the deliveries of the vaccine themselves.

A sector of society that has been pretty much under heavy fire for 14 months now and people are all too quick to point out flaws as soon as they appear.

I for one, will wait until they have vaccine rolled out first before we play the corporate and political point scoring, moreover some good old fashioned blamestorming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

COVID-19 14-day incidence rates per 100,000 population by Local Electoral Area (LEA), Cork 27/04/2021 to 10/05/2021

Bandon-Kinsale - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 9 (-9), LEA rate per 100k pop: 24 (-11)

Bantry-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: <5 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: <5 (-)

Carrigaline - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 37 (+12), LEA rate per 100k pop: 105 (+34)

Cobh - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 23 (-2), LEA rate per 100k pop: 67 (-6)

Cork City North East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 34 (+18), LEA rate per 100k pop: 81 (+43)

Cork City North West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 30 (+3), LEA rate per 100k pop: 74 (+7)

Cork City South Central - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 52 (+23), LEA rate per 100k pop: 135 (+34)

Cork City South East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 50 (+21), LEA rate per 100k pop: 117 (+49)

Cork City South West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 76 (+16), LEA rate per 100k pop: 162 (+34)

Fermoy - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 29 (+2), LEA rate per 100k pop: 80 (+6)

Kanturk - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 28 (+24), LEA rate per 100k pop: 112.3 (+90)

Macroom - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 16 (+8), LEA rate per 100k pop: 43 (+21)

Mallow - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 13 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: 45 (-)

Midleton - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 64 (-22), LEA rate per 100k pop: 141 (-48)

Skibbereen-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 8 (+3), LEA rate per 100k pop: 26 (+9)

In other news, I got called for my vaccine today finally. Group 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Cape Clear wrote: »
    The HSE's track record speaks for itself. Impressive weekly figures are just a snap shot in time. It's very early to be giving out praise best to review things when the prorgramme has been completed.

I wasn't giving out praise.
    I'm just saying that the constant whinging of a vocal minority is unjustified, stupid, predictable and annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

cadaliac wrote: »
    The fact that they are currently under a Cyber attack (ransomware apparently, haven't checked up personally) means this will cause a further delay.

Like, they aren't trying to be slow about the roll out and they certainly didn't delay the deliveries of the vaccine themselves.

A sector of society that has been pretty much under heavy fire for 14 months now and people are all too quick to point out flaws as soon as they appear.

I for one, will wait until they have vaccine rolled out first before we play the corporate and political point scoring, moreover some good old fashioned blamestorming.

Robust and secure IT systems for our health service is a minimum requirement in my view and shouldn't be left to chance or justified by bad luck.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Robust and secure IT systems for our health service is a minimum requirement in my view.

No IT system is impenetrable to attack.

No IT system is impenetrable to attack.
    The HSEs IT systems are jurrasic, at best. This was coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

cadaliac wrote: »

The vaccine system is totally independent of the main HSE network. It’s a stand alone system so this attach will have no impact in appointments or administration.

• Advertisement

Hospitals are affected alright but vaccines aren't. Things are slow in the CUH today. Father's supposed to be getting a procedure done and its been delayed indefinitely, might not happen till next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

In other news, I got called for my vaccine today finally. Group 7.

Might be a good idea to issue those fully vaccinated with a badge or maybe some smartphone confirmation link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

I was jabbed in the City hall on Tuesday and got a nice shiny metal badge

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

discostu1 wrote: »
    I was jabbed in the City hall on Tuesday and got a nice shiny metal badge

Fair play. I'd like one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,060 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

425 cases
    202 are men with 223 are women
    78% are under 45 years of age
    4% are over 65
    The median age is 29 years old
    4 deaths (RIP)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,681 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

No figures being released Today and possibly Tomorrow!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

saabsaab wrote: »
    Fair play. I'd like one too.

I'd love one; what a souvenir to keep!

I bought a metal coin from Dublin fire brigade last year as a pandemic souvenir (gifted in to my brother).

unnamed.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

No figures being released Today and possibly Tomorrow!

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1393564611098644481

"Due to the current disruption of the HSE IT systems daily #COVID19 figures are not available. Backdated figures will be published when possible."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Anyone know what age appointments are being sent out for at the moment in the Cork city area? Just curious to see how far down the 60-50 group they are now really.

• Advertisement

Ludo wrote: »
    Anyone know what age appointments are being sent out for at the moment in the Cork city area? Just curious to see how far down the 60-50 group they are now really.

My wife of 55 is due hers tomorrow in City Hall .
    I haven't gotten an appointment yet (51).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,681 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

802 new confirmed cases.
    447 on Saturday.
    355 Today.
    No new reported deaths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭notAMember

My 52 year old neighbour has an appointment for next Thursday in pairc Uk caoimhe.

55 and 56 being done monday and tuesday

HSE hack is scary, like something from a movie, many hospital appointments postponed

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

Family member who was told by her GP that she was to get Pfizer and NOT AZ got an appointment for Thurs in Pu C and it is indeed Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭aisling86

My mother 59 (60 in 8wks) got AZ in City Hall last Tuesday & father 58 for pfizer in City Hall Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

802 new confirmed cases.
    447 on Saturday.
    355 Today.
    No new reported deaths.

Fair play to any healthcare workers still going about their jobs in the midst of all this chaos. As if they didn't have enough problems.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/hse-cyber-attack-which-hospitals-are-affected-40432288.html

Bantry General Hospital

Hospital operating as normal.

Cork University Hospital

Outpatient department, chemotherapy and surgery appointments running as normal.

X-ray, radiotherapy, and processing of GP bloods cancelled.

Cork University Maternity Hospital

Running: inductions of labour, C-sections, gynaecology elective operations, antenatal, physio, neonatology outpatient appointments.

Cancelled: Gynaecology outpatient clinics.

Mallow University Hospital

Hospital is operating as normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    HSE hack is scary, like something from a movie, many hospital appointments postponed

HSE were warned numerous times they were wide open to this. Servers nearly 20 years still in use. Windows XP operating systems with out proper encryption etc. it’s not a surprise they got in but what is a surprise is how long they were in the system watching things before locking the HSE out

Advertisement