Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Maxx355 wrote: »
    I had the Jansen vaccine yesterday morning in City Hall. Last night I about 12 hours later I had uncontrollable shaking and a temperature. Went to bed and few hours later temperature was normal just some muscle ache.

I started taking ibuprofen after getting the vaccine as the nurse told me and after every 4 hours after that.

Anyone experience anything similar?
    Same with AZ. I did a lot of heavy lifting after I got the vaccine in the morning and that night, I was completely destroyed. Never been as sick. Like you, shakes, temperature topping 38, freezing cold, sweats and so weak. I went to sleep and just felt a bit horrible in the morning. It went away and I've been fine since. I'm in my 30s. Same thing happened my mother after AZ, she is in her 60s.

My dad was fine after the Pfizer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,056 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hope you get it soon, maybe phone next week when you're finished the course and see about another appointment.

I've a rescheduled date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Maxx355 wrote: »
    I had the Jansen vaccine yesterday morning in City Hall. Last night I about 12 hours later I had uncontrollable shaking and a temperature. Went to bed and few hours later temperature was normal just some muscle ache.

I started taking ibuprofen after getting the vaccine as the nurse told me and after every 4 hours after that.

Anyone experience anything similar?

It's odd how dramatically differently it affects different people. I had the same vaccine at the same time and other than a bit of an ache in the arm, I'm totally fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

corkie wrote: »
    Due to breakout in Limerick, thought the number would be higher?

GP referrals continue to decrease, wouldn't have expected a big number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1396492638388473863

As of midnight, Saturday 22nd May, the @hpscireland
    has been notified of 438* confirmed cases of #COVID19.

43 in ICU. 116 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data validation.

• Advertisement

Seems like we’re flying through vaccines in Cork. Just got my first dose of Pfizer from my GP and there was at least 50/60 people either arriving or waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

Anyone one go for a test in Blackpool lately? How long were you waiting for results?

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1396862467943305219

As of midnight, Sunday 23 May, the @hpscireland
    has been notified of 345* confirmed cases of #COVID19.

44 in ICU. 127 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data validation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I'm not sure the daily case numbers carry any particular value atm. They are likely inaccurate due to the cyber attack, and moreover, we don't have a county-by-county breakdown at the minute. Not to say they shouldn't be shared in a Cork COVID thread, but at the same time, they have lesser and lesser relevance atm (in my opinion).

Daily case numbers aren't actually case numbers right now, they're the number of positive swabs. This means they include people being tested twice and don't take into account denotifications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭notAMember

Seems like we’re flying through vaccines in Cork. Just got my first dose of Pfizer from my GP and there was at least 50/60 people either arriving or waiting.

I'm too young yet :D

But I would like them to start announcing the next cohort. I assumed 44 and under would have an announced registration date this week, as the 45 - 50 group had signed up last week, but no word.

Has anyone visibility of the hospital numbers in CUH or Mercy, as the public HSE portal isn't publishing them anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Stark

They'll wait until they've the bulk of a cohort done before opening things up for next cohort to avoid setting false expectations. It sounds though like they might be opening 40-44 later this week/early next week though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Wow, I didn't even know my age-group was able to register already. Benefits of getting old I guess. Yay!

The only stats we have at the moment, so may as well still post.

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1397225668648263685

As of midnight, Monday 24 May, we are reporting 365* confirmed cases of #COVID19.

41 in ICU. 103 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data review, validation and update.

Vaccine update: Ireland hitting 2.5m doses, vaccines for children and the Indian Variant

The HSE's Paul Reid expects 300,000 people will be vaccinated this week, with 2.5 million doses given by yesterday.

Unfortunately it appears that there has been a death of a relative related to the party in Youghal in the CUH over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

RIP

Very sad news

‘Short planned closures’ at number of vaccination centres in Cork

"No vaccinations will be provided at the Páirc Uí Chaoimh vaccination centre on Friday or Saturday, or at the City Hall or Mallow centres on Thursday.

Vaccinations for people in their 50s in Cork, who registered online to receive the vaccine, will be ‘substantially’ completed by the middle of this week, the spokesperson confirmed, and vaccination of people aged in their 40s has commenced."

I'm 50 (51 end of next month) yet to get an appointment.

Above info pulled from these thread posts: - Link 1 & 2

Unfortunately it appears that there has been a death of a relative related to the party in Youghal in the CUH over the weekend

That's awful

RIP

Older? Not that it matters

No deaths or county breakdowns released in a while

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1397589213474926593

As of midnight, Tuesday 25 May, we are reporting
    448* confirmed cases of #COVID19.

41 in ICU. 99 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data review, validation and update.

Updated COVID-19 case numbers for 15-26 May 2021
    ^^^ Cases where under reported in most days.

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1397954147199107074

As of midnight, Wednesday 26 May, we are reporting
    436* confirmed cases of #COVID19.

39 in ICU. 101 in hospital.

Covid-19 deaths ‘collapse’ with eight confirmed in 12 days

Speaking at a weekly briefing on Thursday, the HSE’s chief clinical officer Dr Colm Henry said there had been eight deaths from Covid-19 in the 12 days from the data breach to Wednesday.

^^^ What is not clear is when the deaths (RIP) occurred.

• Advertisement

Cork City vs Cabinteely on June 11th has been selected as one of the extended capacity trial events

have we not been inflicted with enough pain over the last 18 months ffs

I’ll be top of the queue for it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

I’ll be top of the queue for it tbh

Covid isn't your biggest issue in that case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Cape Clear wrote: »

It shouldn't be most of people's "biggest issue" anymore, some are just determined to keep it that that way.

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1398311005252468747

As of midnight, Thursday 27 May, we are reporting
    467* confirmed cases of #COVID19.

38 in ICU. 99 in hospital.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    How dare I support a Cork team.

Cork City vs Cabinteely on June 11th has been selected as one of the extended capacity trial events

What's the full extended capacity for this? I think 25,000 for Croke Park finals

I see there is 97 cases of the Indian Covid19 variant in ROI

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What's the full extended capacity for this? I think 25,000 for Croke Park finals

I see there is 97 cases of the Indian Covid19 variant in ROI
    Rumours of somewhere between 600 and 25% which would be circa 1500

Rumours of somewhere between 600 and 25% which would be circa 1500

I hope you get a ticket ACE and enjoy

If we have good weather for the summer, we could see a few outdoor activities gigs etc.,

• Advertisement

600 to attend Turner's Cross for Cork City vs Cabinteely.

Cork vs Limerick in the Munster Championship selected as an expanded attendance trial event
    https://twitter.com/jackfchambers/status/1398333642812837889?s=20

Advertisement