Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I actually think il get emotional hearing that match from my house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,056 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rfrip wrote: »
    I actually think il get emotional hearing that match from my house

Fly the Cork and Ireland flags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What's the full extended capacity for this? I think 25,000 for Croke Park finals

I see there is 97 cases of the Indian Covid19 variant in ROI

That Indian variant is of no concern according to all major study’s and despite what NPHET try to push on us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1398640402048032772

As of midnight, Friday 28 May, we are reporting
    464* confirmed cases of #COVID19.

35 in ICU. 90 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data review, validation and update.

At least the hospital numbers are going down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

That Indian variant is of no concern according to all major study’s and despite what NPHET try to push on us

See below

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-57067190

Its been labeled as a variant of concern by WHO. What studies do you refer?

A new variant is still a cause of concern hopefully we get to max vaccinations soon allowing us to put it behind us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

saabsaab wrote: »
    See below

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-57067190

Its been labeled as a variant of concern by WHO. What studies do you refer?

A new variant is still a cause of concern hopefully we get to max vaccinations soon allowing us to put it behind us.
    Public Health England have extensive documentation on how the variant is protected against by vaccines. It's not a concern, at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Public Health England have extensive documentation on how the variant is protected against by vaccines. It's not a concern, at all.

Just passing through and felt the need to reply. There is some evidence of increased transmissibility and reduced neutralisation by antibodies.
    With half the country not vaccinated, it very much is a concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Just passing through and felt the need to reply. There is some evidence of increased transmissibility and reduced neutralisation by antibodies.

The UK also changed their vaccination policy as a result of the Indian variant.

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1398992124721369092?s=19

As of midnight, Saturday 29 May, we are reporting
    374* confirmed cases of #COVID19.

35 in ICU. 99 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data review, validation and update.

Reduced neutralisation from incredibly high levels to super high levels is not a concern, sorry. Plenty of discussion in the vaccine thread from people who are much more qualified than I am on how it’s completely overblown.

• Advertisement

Reduced neutralisation from incredibly high levels to super high levels is not a concern, sorry. Plenty of discussion in the vaccine thread from people who are much more qualified than I am on how it’s completely overblown.

From the boards virologists. Ok.

16 arrests in Dublin and Cork over large crowds street drinking last night

Even Tony tweeted about Dublin

https://twitter.com/CMOIreland/status/1398724543536041990

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The state of the streets afterwards.
    Some people are filthy.

https://twitter.com/KarlPurdy/status/1398923370226503680

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

What is the solution, if you close the streets it will be house parties which are worse, open up to spread people out in a more controlled environment, the businesses will have the responsibility then.

Everyone should be responsible for their own behaviour and rubbish, start handing out large fines maybe, we really seem to have an "unhealthy relationship" with alcohol, was the final broadcast outside on big screens to draw these crowds out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Actually more disappointed with the rubbish, I thought that social responsibility would have kicked in by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭deeperlearning

If only NPHET were as quick to react to the Indian variant.

Instead, NPHET took nearly four weeks to put India on the red list. This decision will cause far more lasting damage than any crowds gathering in the centre of Dublin.

All the Indian variant nonsense, Christ. Convinced some people will never convert back to normal life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,213 ✭✭✭✭rob316

All the Indian variant nonsense, Christ. Convinced some people will never convert back to normal life.

Stockholm syndrome.

It's like been worried about 1000's of cases of the flu while anyone vulnerable is vaccinated. Bizarre really

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭deeperlearning

Not everyone is as ignorant as you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Zardoz wrote: »
    The state of the streets afterwards.
    Some people are filthy.

https://twitter.com/KarlPurdy/status/1398923370226503680

Anyone that’s ever seen a holiday resort in Spain Portugal Greece or the sorts at 7am won’t be surprised at these scenes as it’s a daily occurrence. Whilst I’m not condoning littering, when thousands of people have no where to go it’s inevitable and it’s going to continue all summer long as long as people have no alternative and 105 min slots won’t resolve it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭notAMember

It makes me feel for the people working in hospitality, the level of crap they must put up with from the public when they are open. I can only imagine how idiotic people will be now after a years break from how to behave.

People really expect the council to be their mammy at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,436 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Anyone that’s ever seen a holiday resort in Spain Portugal Greece or the sorts at 7am won’t be surprised at these scenes as it’s a daily occurrence. Whilst I’m not condoning littering, when thousands of people have no where to go it’s inevitable and it’s going to continue all summer long as long as people have no alternative and 105 min slots won’t resolve it either.

They bought and brought all their shyte with them. Bringing it back isn't going to break anyone.
    Giving laziness and Me Feinerism a free pass.

..............was the final broadcast outside on big screens to draw these crowds out?

People are chomping at the bit to get out, no final on big screens required to draw them.
    They bought and brought all their shyte with them. Bringing it back isn't going to break anyone.
    Giving laziness and Me Feinerism a free pass.

Likely all experts on lockdown, housing crisis etc as well.
    The generation that will also save the planet.

Who's the some people you are referring to? How does mentioning the Indian variant means that people don't want their normal life back?

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1399406553984294912

As of midnight, Sunday 30 May, we are reporting
    378* confirmed cases of #COVID19.

35 in ICU. 98 in hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I agree but try as I might to avoid hearing about it in the news it’s not possible. And it’s now dominant in the auto ACE so it’s going to be talked about. I’m sick **** of this crap and want things to get back to normal.

The Indian variant is putting the final steps in reopening the UK in some doubt so its hardly 'nonsense'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Augeo wrote: »
    The Indian variant is putting the final steps in reopening the UK in some doubt so its hardly 'nonsense'.

It wasn't called a variant of concern for nothing!

Hope it doesn't spawn a more deadly variant of its own before we complete the roll outs.

Advertisement