Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cork is not among the top 4 highest incidence counties which is good news.
    Limerick, Offaly, Donegal and Dublin listed as the top 4.
    700 cases in Limerick in the last 14 days as I referred to in my previous posts. Next highest isn't even close, something like 300 in Donegal.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40305353.html

103 cases in Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

Protest in Cork city centre to take place this bank holiday weekend

"The protest is being organised by 'Independent Campaign for TRUTH & Proper Healthcare' and will be held in Cork city on Saturday, June 5. 2pm.

Organisers are issuing a special invitation to those that "agree with the NPHET and Governments policy to attend, to hear the other side of the debate".
    "

Diarmaid Ó Cadhla organizing it again.

Post here so people know to avoid or join it at there own discretion?

A new pop-up Covid-19 test centre has been opened in north Cork.

Cork Kerry Community Healthcare said testing was being made available at a pop-up test site at Charleville Primary Care Centre.

The facility will operate today until 7pm and tomorrow, Friday between 11am and 7pm.

Walk-in Covid-19 testing continues to also be available at The Lee Covid Screening Centre on the Old Mallow Road.

The facility is open Monday to Saturday from 8.30am to 7pm and will open Sunday from 8.30am to 6pm.

Testing is also available at Randal Óg GAA Club in Dunmanway, Monday to Saturday between 9am and 5pm.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40305404.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,606 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

and attributed to indoor gatherings.

The opposite of indoor gatherings is outdoor.

Which is something that is being vilified constantly at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,436 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Diarmaid Ó Cadhla organizing it again.

Post here so people know to avoid or join it at there own discretion?

You're grand. I'll pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭notAMember

That absolute clown. And organised in the city when I'm due my jab as well.

I'm another one of those scratching heads about how those locations are decided. I will drive past PUC , which I can walk to, to go into the city hall. Not a big deal, just weird that they are sending people in town out to PUC, and sending people from ballintemple into the city hall.

notAMember wrote: »
    That absolute clown. And organised in the city when I'm due my jab as well.

I'm another one of those scratching heads about how those locations are decided. I will drive past PUC , which I can walk to, to go into the city hall. Not a big deal, just weird that they are sending people in town out to PUC, and sending people from ballintemple into the city hall.

Don’t be to indignant, I know people in Waterford that got booked into Killarney.

corkie wrote: »

Organisers are issuing a special invitation to those that "agree with the NPHET and Governments policy to attend, to hear the other side of the debate". ...............

They really must be struggling for numbers if they are asking people who think they are a pack of misinformed fncktards to attend.

Augeo wrote: »
    They really must be struggling for numbers if they are asking people who think they are a pack of misinformed fncktards to attend.

Good luck trying to reason with those space cadets.

Finally got my 2nd Pfizer vaccine dose, yay me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭Be right back

Great news,finally getting my 2nd AZ one next week.

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1400845421203886090

As of midnight, Thursday 3 June, we are reporting
    529* confirmed cases of #COVID19.

28 in ICU. 86 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data review, validation and update.

Edit: - This is the highest number of daily cases reported since Thursday, May 20 when there were 524 new infections.

Was it 34 in ICU yesterday?

Cases have long gone out the window as being the most important statistic, it’s not a good indicator that there is an increase but to only look at cases isn’t a clear picture.

30 in ICU yesterday.

Outbreak in Limerick inflating the case numbers.

Didn't post Limerick info here as not relevant to thread. Posted on other thread.

Cases is only info being reported.

Ideally would be good to have daily vacation numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

30 in ICU yesterday.

Didn't post Limerick info here as not relevant to thread. Posted on other thread.

Flights are scarce though 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I thought O'Cadhla was after being locked up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

That’s a great relief for you I’m sure . I’m trying to work out the exact date for my Pfizer jab 2 - City Hall-. Was your second dose exactly 30 days after your first ?

30 in ICU yesterday.

Over 900 cases in 2 weeks for Limerick, I would worry as it near us and maybe visiting Limerick folks

I think we are still doing well here low numbers even if we don't know for sure

I did hear CUH have lots of trolley patients not sure how many in with Covid in Covid ward

That’s a great relief for you I’m sure . I’m trying to work out the exact date for my Pfizer jab 2 - City Hall-. Was your second dose exactly 30 days after your first ?

Mine was delayed from the one month to 6 weeks by GP as I was on antibiotics

It was 4 weeks from 1st dose for 2nd dose for Pfizer with my GP, the card had 2nd date on it, has your card any date?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

About these new parklets... are they for customer use only, or are they for general public use?

https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2021/0604/1225977-cork-city-outdoors/

• Advertisement

I did hear CUH have lots of trolley patients not sure how many in with Covid in Covid ward

3/6 CUH 30 ~ Mercy 16
    4/6 CUH 11 ~ Mercy 16

https://www.inmo.ie/Trolley_Ward_Watch

I was about to say that covid patients, would need to be isolated so wouldn't be in corridors on trolleys.
    Edit:- And that site also gives numbers in wards.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    About these new parklets... are they for customer use only, or are they for general public use?

https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2021/0604/1225977-cork-city-outdoors/

Surely for general public use.

I past the new parklet in ballincollig earlier. It really is a strange set up! Acres of open plaza with zero places to sit and then this small wooden thing squeezed into a space by the traffic!

Save them for small city streets...

3/6 CUH 30 ~ Mercy 16
    4/6 CUH 11 ~ Mercy 16

https://www.inmo.ie/Trolley_Ward_Watch

I was about to say that covid patients, would need to be isolated so wouldn't be in corridors on trolleys.
    Edit:- And that site also gives numbers in wards.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40305392.html

I guess the HSE cyber attack affecting all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

I got my second dose of Pfizer vaccine last Thursday week!! Happy out. I got a very bad dose of vertigo. But getting better now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭sporina

anyone notice the smell of urine around the city these days? was down there this morn and ekk... not good - not good at all.. and we can't blame the socially deprived/compromised this time.. ekk :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,080 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

sporina wrote: »
    anyone notice the smell of urine around the city these days? was down there this morn and ekk... not good - not good at all.. and we can't blame the socially deprived/compromised this time.. ekk :eek:

I haven't noticed this but it's inevitable, really.
    There was always going to be a lot of drinking on the streets this summer and we have no public toilets.

The vast majority of takeaway drinks and cans consumed on the street end up being urine on the adjacent streets.

With a few fine days theres going to be some bang of piss off the city, the great and the good who okayed takeaway pints wont have thought what goes in must come out somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

It's a conundrum really - if you provide porta-loos are you giving the green flag for on street piss ups ?
    If you don't provide them - you haven't thought it through, or care about the people?

Whether they provide them or not, they (council) cannot win.

I personally think they should provide them - it's not exactly a secret that you can get take away pints in the city and there is a festival atmosphere.

• Advertisement

cadaliac wrote: »
    It's a conundrum really - if you provide porta-loos are you giving the green flag for on street piss ups ?
    If you don't provide them - you haven't thought it through, or care about the people?

Whether they provide them or not, they (council) cannot win.

I personally think they should provide them - it's not exactly a secret that you can get take away pints in the city and there is a festival atmosphere.

People will street drink, loo or no loo. Pubs open to takeaways or closed completely.

One of the few things that'll drive them off the streets is heavy rain.

Advertisement