Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Really wish we could stick Prof. Gerry Kileen on a rocket and shoot him off to the moon. Constant negativity.

I'm listening to the radio this morning and its all great and positive about businesses opening, back to a level of normality, then they put on that damp sponge desperately trying to hold onto to been relevant peddling this Delta variant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

rob316 wrote: »
    Really wish we could stick Prof. Gerry Kileen on a rocket and shoot him off to the moon. Constant negativity.

I'm listening to the radio this morning and its all great and positive about businesses opening, back to a level of normality, then they put on that damp sponge desperately trying to hold onto to been relevant peddling this Delta variant.
    I'm surprised UCC haven't had an issue with him to be honest. Not a good look for the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I'm surprised UCC haven't had an issue with him to be honest. Not a good look for the college.

Just doing his job. The Indian variant is now the big threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭rob316

saabsaab wrote: »
    Just doing his job. The Indian variant is now the big threat.

Its pure scaremongering, if the vax can resist it and our program is steaming ahead, what does it matter? Its the equivalent of been worried about the Flu at christmas when anyone vulnerable is vaccinated and that is exactly the way Covid will be going forward as it won't be eradicated we just live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

rob316 wrote: »
    Its pure scaremongering, if the vax can resist it and our program is steaming ahead, what does it matter? Its the equivalent of been worried about the Flu at christmas when anyone vulnerable is vaccinated and that is exactly the way Covid will be going forward as it won't be eradicated we just live with it.

He is the expert and it may well pan out as you suggest but we can't rule out importing a more virulent Indian strain from the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1402664381050204160

As of midnight, Tuesday 8 June, we are reporting
    259*
    confirmed cases of #COVID19.

27 in ICU. 76 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data review, validation and update.

Per HPSC, 505 cases in Cork between 25/05 and 07/06. 5 day average on 7th June is 35 cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

What stage are they at in cork with vaccines now? I see a lot of people in the 20-30 bracket on Facebook and Twitter being done? Just wondering am I missing a trick here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    What stage are they at in cork with vaccines now? I see a lot of people in the 20-30 bracket on Facebook and Twitter being done? Just wondering am I missing a trick here?

I have heard of nobody 20-30 done unless they have underlying condition.

Early 40s are getting calls at the moment.

• Advertisement

Sound. Maybe the people I know have underlying, you just don't know that stuff but I thought they'd have been done earlier than now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I've heard of a few young people getting it cause their GP decided to vaccinate everyone on their books but nothing though the official channel

Sound. Maybe the people I know have underlying, you just don't know that stuff but I thought they'd have been done earlier than now...

There was a list of underlying conditions that got you bumped to the top of the list alright . For example Diabetics of all ages above teens got it early.
    Now i think there is a bit more GP discretion in that if there are other health issues not on the list but the GP feels the person could be at risk they are calling them in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭Be right back

Just after my 2nd shot! Feel fine so far!

Just after my 2nd shot! Feel fine so far!

For most its the morning after and late that night before you will feel any effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1403019039534944267

As of midnight, Wednesday 9 June, we are reporting
    398*
    confirmed cases of #COVID19.

23 in ICU. 70 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data review, validation and update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭Be right back

For most its the morning after and late that night before you will feel any effect.

Felt fairly ok after the first one. Hopefully this time will be the same...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

My sister, 28, works nearby and got a call today as they had spares.

It's becoming a wink and nod game on the vaccines so. Great, it's bound to end well.

• Advertisement

It's becoming a wink and nod game on the vaccines so. Great, it's bound to end well.
    Would you rather spare doses went to waste?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭notAMember

Becoming? It’s been like this from day 1.

As long as it gets into people’s arms, it hardly matters anyway.

There are plenty of people registered on the official waiting list, why not have them on the backup? I was ok with this when it was select groups were being done and it might be difficult to find similar but no excuse now.

Met my next door neighbour this morning, they got their appointment for first jab. I asked which they got, city hall or PUC. Neither, it's the Aviva in Dublin!

I think it's safe to say the vaccine program is a hodge podge of things slapped together. There will need to be mop-up exercises afterwards.

notAMember wrote: »
    Met my next door neighbour this morning, they got their appointment for first jab. I asked which they got, city hall or PUC. Neither, it's the Aviva in Dublin!

I've heard of this happening with people who attend appointments in Dublin hospitals, anything like that here?

TheChizler wrote: »
    I've heard of this happening with people who attend appointments in Dublin hospitals, anything like that here?

yup, they had a procedure in a dublin hospital 4 or 5 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

There are plenty of people registered on the official waiting list, why not have them on the backup? I was ok with this when it was select groups were being done and it might be difficult to find similar but no excuse now.

It really depends on what the situation is. It seems they had double-figures of doses spare and maybe they needed them used asap, I'm not privy to that information. They had them given out within the hour. Could they have achieved that from a waiting list? I'm not so sure.

Nope but at least tell everyone that is how it is working. I did not know that if I called my GP I might get bumped up the list or get a spare....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,677 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Nope but at least tell everyone that is how it is working. I did not know that if I called my GP I might get bumped up the list or get a spare....

It’s very common in my area.
    People of all ages categories with nothing wrong with them have being given spares.

• Advertisement

If we had people being taken by GPs every week randomly from the HSE list then that’d completely mess up the HSE process. Best way to do it is give the GP x number of doses on one day and give them the same number 28 days later, let the GP decide.

Advertisement