Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

goat2 wrote: »
    Many people are living with long term conditions, Asthma, Diabetes, Heart pacemakers, valves and other problems of heart, lung, Kidney diseases, cancer, and they don't bother mentioning this to others, as it has become normal for them, but it is very important no matter the age, that they are taken care of with vaccines
    Asthma has no influence at all…. I’ve asthma and My GP told me that will have no impact it’s by age only now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Asthma has no influence at all…. I’ve asthma and My GP told me that will have no impact it’s by age only now

My GP was priortising Asthma sufferers for categories 4 and 7 that might have changed now

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    My GP was priortising Asthma sufferers for categories 4 and 7 that might have changed now

That was only a week ago I was told

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭notAMember

My 21 year old asthmatic nephew got his jab back in February. It’s more that it varied by GP than it had no influence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1405195386722172935

eskimohunt wrote: »
    *...generously applies alcohol-based solution to hands whilst adjusting microphone height*

Good afternoon everybody.

Today we are reporting 329 new cases of COVID-19, bringing our national total to 267,596. There have been no additional deaths (reported).

As of 8am this morning, there are currently 57 patients hospitalized with the virus with 19 in critical care.

Our 14-day incidence of the disease is 105 cases per 100,000 population.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,606 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Tis all over really isn’t it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,677 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I’m 28 and I’m registered now at the local GP’s.
    No underlying conditions.
    So at least I’m registered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I’m 28 and I’m registered now at the local GP’s.
    No underlying conditions.
    So at least I’m registered.

Registered for what? Vaccine I assume but what is that all about?

Ludo wrote: »
    Registered for what? Vaccine I assume but what is that all about?

Yes the vaccine.
    My local health center have vaccinated lots of people over the past few months and a lot didn’t have an under lying condition.
    They just got a phone call on a Thursday/Friday Evening to know were they available in the next 30 minutes.
    A few weeks ago the put a post on Facebook calling all those over 60 to email them if they haven’t got a vaccine.
    Then over 50.
    Then over 40’s.
    Then over 35’s.
    And early this week all over 18’s who were registered patients.

Last week they were vaccinating people in their thirties.

Mad...tis like an alternative system entirely. How do they get away with that?

• Advertisement

Mad...tis like an alternative system entirely. How do they get away with that?

I have no idea.
    I people say that when you pry you found out that people have an underlying condition but people were honesty blown away when they got the call.
    I contacted them to check had they my contact details and all they had was our landline that we got rid of in 2000.
    I hope they keep on getting away with it.
    It may take them a few weeks to get down to my age tough.

Yeah, if it gets vaccines to people faster then all good. Just seems odd they have such easy access to vaccines like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Yeah, if it gets vaccines to people faster then all good. Just seems odd they have such easy access to vaccines like this.

Crazy is one word for it.

Tis all over really isn’t it.

Not if Dr Tony has his way!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,606 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Not if Dr Tony has his way!

Back to obscurity with him and his ilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭sporina

posting this here as its due to spin off effects of Covid..

had a walk around the city yday for the 1st time in weeks.. and I have to say I was a little emotional.. I have never seen it look and feel so good (living here since 2000).. I actually felt like i was somewhere different on holiday.. it reminded me of been in Galway city years ago in the height of summer - as in, that was the kind of vibe.. with all the buskers and general good buzz.. the outdoor seating areas are fantastic.. people out enjoying themselves in the sun.. and the buskers are a great addition.. there was almost a festival vibe around..

but I am not mad about the Princes St outdoor seating area.. kinda like a bottle neck - hemmed in and dark.. but I thought everywhere else looked great, around Barbarossa, The Old Oak, the OP, Scoozies, even O 'Brien's (Paul St and Winthrop St).. even The Linen Weaver seemed like a good place.. (there was a busker outside the premises/ Rory G place, and he was really good - Amicus diners could enjoy him too)

So lets hope the weather behaves...

if there was ever a silver lining of the pandemic.. this is one imo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Yeah, I feel Princes Street is a bit cramped too.
    I walk through that street every day, and it's a bit congested now for pedestrians, just after it being pedestrianised, ironically enough.
    Caroline Street looks great.

Called into Coughlan's yesterday for a few pints.
    All very well managed, with table service, and a little electronic yoke you can press for service.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Yeah, I feel Princes Street is a bit cramped too.
    I walk through that street every day, and it's a bit congested now for pedestrians, just after it being pedestrianised, ironically enough.
    Caroline Street looks great.

Called into Coughlan's yesterday for a few pints.
    All very well managed, with table service, and a little electronic yoke you can press for service.

gee love Coughlans - must get up there soon - and Tom Barry's

sporina wrote: »
    gee love Coughlans - must get up there soon - and Tom Barry's

And if you do manage to get in, no busy crowds, no loud music and no queuing at the bar. Perfect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

http://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0617/1228586-covid-vaccine-hestinancy/

Vaccine portal opening on Sunday for 35-39 year olds - yaaay, finally get to register....well, have to wait until Wednesday, but delighted :) Hopefully won't be waiting too long for a first appointment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭opus

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I had my second dose in PuC today - 29 days after the first dose. The place was heaving at the seams with long delays. Staff were really under pressure.

I'm getting #2 of Pfizer in City Hall next week, it will be 34 days since the I got the first dose. Most people I know got it bang on 28 days but guess doesn't make much difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

opus wrote: »
    I'm getting #2 of Pfizer in City Hall next week, it will be 34 days since the I got the first dose. Most people I know got it bang on 28 days but guess doesn't make much difference.

I think they said it can be up to 6 weeks in some cases?

I was in town early, before 8, and saw the street cleaners doing their bit. Princes street had some amount of excrement on it. Nevermind covid, faecal coliforms is what you'd be wary of there from flying street cleaning machine brushes. I walked down the street again an hour later and the cleaners had missed some turds.
    The other nearby alleys were stinking too. All the indoor bathrooms are out of bounds still, are they?

I'm not feeling the love for town at the moment. It's harder to get in and out with the streets closed to cars. Public transport has not adjusted back to normal either. My bus route dropped from 5 times an hour to once an hour for covid, and it's still stuck there.

Dust hasn't settled on what's open and what didn't survive, opening hours are changeable. I've gone in a couple of times to find a particular shop I expected to be open (from their website / fb) was shut.

Optimistic that it can all improve in the next few weeks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1405554984603820035

As of midnight, Wednesday 16 June, we are reporting
    373*
    confirmed cases of #COVID19.

18 in ICU. 54 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data review, validation and update.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1405552401449357316

notAMember wrote: »
    I was in town early, before 8, and saw the street cleaners doing their bit. Princes street had some amount of excrement on it. Nevermind covid, faecal coliforms is what you'd be wary of there from flying street cleaning machine brushes. I walked down the street again an hour later and the cleaners had missed some turds.
    The other nearby alleys were stinking too. All the indoor bathrooms are out of bounds still, are they?

I'm not feeling the love for town at the moment. It's harder to get in and out with the streets closed to cars. Public transport has not adjusted back to normal either. My bus route dropped from 5 times an hour to once an hour for covid, and it's still stuck there.

Dust hasn't settled on what's open and what didn't survive, opening hours are changeable. I've gone in a couple of times to find a particular shop I expected to be open (from their website / fb) was shut.

Optimistic that it can all improve in the next few weeks though.

Yeah, I think it's about time now for public transport timetables and shop opening hours to get back to normal.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Yeah, I think it's about time now for public transport timetables and shop opening hours to get back to normal.

what shop hours aren't back to normal?

sporina wrote: »
    what shop hours aren't back to normal?

Some coffee shops and places like that.
    My local Spar seems to close at odd hours.

No biggie like!

just watching the news and I have to laugh when I hear how many and from X no of households can meet outdoors/indoors now lol... as if it hasn't already been happening and more

Era it was a mix... can't remember exactly, I had a list as long as my arm to replace clothes for growing children / teenagers and stocking up on stuff for them to do over the summer. Sports shops. Cork art supplies maybe, or joyces next door to it. Some of the clothes shops. The bigger chain shops were mostly open. Fatface alright I remember was closed that day... a saturday at around 11am. Staff were inside, they were restocking maybe?

I attempt to support the smaller places, and I know they probably have more difficulty opening consistently because they are smaller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement