Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭opus

A friend of mine in Germany told me earlier that her 13 year old is getting his first dose of Pfizer on Sat, hadn't realised they were vaccinating under-18's there until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

"New figures from Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) shed light on the number of cases of Covid-19 being reported in Cork.

The latest provisional figures show a total of 478 cases of the virus were recorded in Cork in the 14-day period from June 2 to June 15.

The figures show Cork has the sixth-highest 14-day incidence rate of the virus per 100,000 population nationally at 88.1. "

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40316657.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

judging by the lack of social distancing in town yesterday I'm not surprised, to be honest. I couldn't get out of town fast enough

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭deeperlearning

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    judging by the lack of social distancing in town yesterday I'm not surprised, to be honest. I couldn't get out of town fast enough

Honestly, I doubt social distancing outdoors had anything to do with it.

This sounds like excessive anxiety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,677 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think one of the pop up covid test centers is in Brandon.
    I’d say that could be one of the issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Was in town yesterday and it was glorious. Had lunch in orso, sitting outside, just fab. I was nearly emotional ordering a coffee and getting it in an actual cup. Strolled around town for a bit and then straight over the city hall for my first vaccine. It was a seamless set up there…all the staff were so happy and joyful, it was such an emotional experience and way more than I thought it would be.

Yesterday was a good day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Honestly, I doubt social distancing outdoors had anything to do with it.

This sounds like excessive anxiety.

Wasn’t talking about outdoors. Indoors more like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

321 313 cases confirmed:

321 313 additional cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed
    this number of cases may change due to future data validation
    53 COVID-19 patients are in hospital, of which 15 are in intensive care (ICU)

https://www.gov.ie/en/news/7e0924-latest-updates-on-covid-19-coronavirus/

Edit: - Reduction in number of cases reported.

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1406221877413040130

As of midnight, Friday 18 June, we are reporting
    393*
    confirmed cases of #COVID19.

14 in ICU. 48 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data review, validation and update.

53 in Hospital according to the hub, figures must have changed since 8am?
    https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/pages/0814b13a2f2b4458a36105502c8e92e8

Early post today, with it been delayed till after 8 yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

2nd AZ just done, flying through the numbers at City Hall this morning, really well organized

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭robinbird

Wasn’t talking about outdoors. Indoors more like

Where were you indoors that gave you such anxiety?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭ofcork

notAMember wrote: »
    I was in town early, before 8, and saw the street cleaners doing their bit. Princes street had some amount of excrement on it. Nevermind covid, faecal coliforms is what you'd be wary of there from flying street cleaning machine brushes. I walked down the street again an hour later and the cleaners had missed some turds.
    The other nearby alleys were stinking too. All the indoor bathrooms are out of bounds still, are they?

I'm not feeling the love for town at the moment. It's harder to get in and out with the streets closed to cars. Public transport has not adjusted back to normal either. My bus route dropped from 5 times an hour to once an hour for covid, and it's still stuck there.

Dust hasn't settled on what's open and what didn't survive, opening hours are changeable. I've gone in a couple of times to find a particular shop I expected to be open (from their website / fb) was shut.

Optimistic that it can all improve in the next few weeks though.
    Surely you can use toilets in clancys etc surely not people pooing on the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

ofcork wrote: »
    Surely you can use toilets in clancys etc surely not people pooing on the street.

Of course you can… Even before outdoor dining when it was takeaway drinking you could use the toilets in the bars

somehow I doubt these things happening are from people out having a few drinks but more likely the hoards of junkies plaguing our city who after injecting their drugs can’t control them selfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

It's now 32 says since my wife got her 1st dose of Pfizers in PuC her brother's one who waited 28 says the other 30 says are now both fully vaccinated.One had dose one in City Hall 2nd dose in PuC ,should she contact HS have others the same experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭airy fairy

discostu1 wrote: »
    It's now 32 says since my wife got her 1st dose of Pfizers in PuC her brother's one who waited 28 says the other 30 says are now both fully vaccinated.One had dose one in City Hall 2nd dose in PuC ,should she contact HS have others the same experience
    Husband had his first Pfizer on 22nd May in City Hall.....nothing yet about the 2nd jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Yeah, mum's on day 34 waiting for Pfizer 2nd in PUC. Her sister got dose 1 a day before her, and had 2nd dose bang on 28 days and her friend got it after and has already gotten dose 2 somehow. Hopefully soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, in the same, I'm on day 29 now and no text. I had rang them and was told it could be up to day 35 before I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

When my husband got his 1st dose in puc he asked when his 2nd dose would be they told him that it might take up to 6weeks as they are trying to get 1st doses into as many people as possible

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1406583865561522179?s=19

As of midnight, Saturday 19 June, we are reporting
    288*
    confirmed cases of #COVID19.

15 in ICU. 49 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data review, validation and update.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

titan18 wrote: »
    Ya, in the same, I'm on day 29 now and no text. I had rang them and was told it could be up to day 35 before I get it.

My wife just rang "If you do not hear anything by Tuesday ring us again"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Day 34 now for my mother in PUC waiting for second dose. Was 'escalated' by HSE yesterday, still no sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

My wife just rang "If you do not hear anything by Tuesday ring us again"

Ya, I pretty much had the same. I rang on day 26 (so last Thursday) as had nothing and was told just to wait until say 35 before calling back if I still had heard nothing.

Weird how it seems to be only Cork having this type of delay. Nothing on any of the vaccine threads about second dose delays anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭Bellie1

titan18 wrote: »
    Ya, I pretty much had the same. I rang on day 26 (so last Thursday) as had nothing and was told just to wait until say 35 before calling back if I still had heard nothing.

Wonder if it increases or reduces efficacy by having wider gap. Maybe Michael Martin is trying to ensure as many in his constituency have received their second dose by end July as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭opus

I know a few people waiting well over the 4 weeks for Pfizer #2 also but sounds like a bit of a delay is a good thing - Delaying a COVID vaccine’s second dose boosts immune response (only tested on over 80's).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

opus wrote: »
    I know a few people waiting well over the 4 weeks for Pfizer #2 also but sounds like a bit of a delay is a good thing - Delaying a COVID vaccine’s second dose boosts immune response (only tested on over 80's).

Lads please I'm not being controversial but just be grateful.

I'm healthcare and my team got vaccinated with AZ in March but have had to wait for second till now. I've just had my second after 10 weeks but a lot of my team (younger) have July dates. Don't get frustrated

City hall was brilliant Saturday, it's moving quickly

I'm healthcare and my team got vaccinated with AZ in March but have had to wait for second till now. I've just had my second after 10 weeks but a lot of my team (younger) have July dates. Don't get frustrated

City hall was brilliant Saturday, it's moving quickly

The recommended dosing interval for Pfizer is 28 days. AZ is 8-12 weeks. Very much entitled to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

My uncle is the around the same - 31 days sincr he got 1st dose in PuC. He is going to ring tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭robinbird

Was thinking the same. Cork can be up to 38 days at the moment so please just have a little patience. If anything the longer gap increases efficacy.
    A least ye are all keeping a call centre in business I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

The recommended dosing interval for Pfizer is 28 days. AZ is 8-12 weeks. Very much entitled to complain.

They managed to push the AZ vaccine out to 16 weeks, I got mine at 15wks+2 (although- granted they have since backtracked)
    Hate the way they’re chopping and changing the dosing intervals; looks like they’re potentially doing the same now with Pfizer’s
    I understand the logic that one dose into more is beneficial but it’s still frustrating

Advertisement