Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭robinbird

The recommended dosing interval for Pfizer is 28 days. AZ is 8-12 weeks. Very much entitled to complain.

No. It isn't. The recommended interval for Pfizer is between 21 and 42 days.
    I know you really really wanted it exactly at Day 28 but get over it. Chillax.

The current interval in Cork is 32 - 38 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Messages going out yesterday for walk in vaccination, first or second Pfizer in bantry for anyone over 39, supposedly very quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Weird how it seems to be only Cork having this type of delay. Nothing on any of the vaccine threads about second dose delays anywhere else.

Is it just city or county too?

I hope all and their families get soon, it can be frustrating and a worry for elderly and underlying condition individuals so take care keep faith

Weird how it seems to be only Cork having this type of delay. Nothing on any of the vaccine threads about second dose delays anywhere else.

Kildare has some delays also - I phoned them at weekend and they mentioned your date could be up to 5 days after day 28
    Also heard from a medic working in the vaccination centre that some people weren’t getting texts so do check the online app also just in case but it does look like there are delays for some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Kildare has some delays also - I phoned them at weekend and they mentioned your date could be up to 5 days after day 28
    Also heard from a medic working in the vaccination centre that some people weren’t getting texts so do check the online app also just in case but it does look like there are delays for some

What app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

What app?

Assume they mean the website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭Bellie1

Anyone know what vaccines PUC is doing this week and what day they're doing Pfizer ? Partner is almost a week overdue, getting stressed as says not happy taking it longer than the Pfizer did in their trials etc. He was hesitant enough about getting so want him to call out there on off chance they'll do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭notAMember

PUC was doing pfizer yesterday anyway.

Sorry he is getting stressed out, but there isn't a reason for anxiety here at all. He's not going to burst into flames if he gets the jab a week after the date expected. Initial studies seem to show even better efficacy when the second dose is delayed.

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1087

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/may/14/delay-in-giving-second-jabs-of-pfizer-vaccine-improves-immunity

Mother finally just got her second dose appointment for Friday, 38 days after first dose.

• Advertisement

notAMember wrote: »
    PUC was doing pfizer yesterday anyway.

Sorry he is getting stressed out, but there isn't a reason for anxiety here at all. He's not going to burst into flames if he gets the jab a week after the date expected. Initial studies seem to show even better efficacy when the second dose is delayed.

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1087

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/may/14/delay-in-giving-second-jabs-of-pfizer-vaccine-improves-immunity

Thanks. He's normally really laid back but was definitely a bit hesitant taking the vaccine in first place . He says the Irish government are doing a mini Boris Johnson by pushing out doses

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

2nd dose text for my mum in PUC finally came through as well!

2nd dose text for my mum in PUC finally came through as well!

What day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1407012916679872520

As of midnight, Sunday 20th June, we are reporting
    284*
    confirmed cases of #COVID19.

13 in ICU. 53 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data review, validation and update.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Bellie1 wrote: »
    What day?

Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,606 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

corkie wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1407012916679872520

As of midnight, Sunday 20th June, we are reporting
    284*

13 in ICU. 53 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data review, validation and update.

There are a number of questions regarding those in hospital that I would like to hear the answer for.

Are they suffering from any other illness?
    How many of them contracted Covid in hospital?
    What age are they?
    Make or female?
    What underlining or relevant previous illness do any of them have?
    Where they initially admitted because of covid of something else?
    Have any of them been vaccinated, and if so how many have had 2nd dose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭notAMember

Does anyone have any insights on the trolley watch figures for Cork? CUH and the Mercy are really high on these trolley numbers every day... CUH was 44 yesterday, 31 today. For mid-summer, this is unusual I assume?

https://www.inmo.ie/Trolley_Ward_Watch

Is this from the IT systems problems? (which haven't been in the news much, but I'm assuming are not repaired)

It must be harder to diagnose, treat and discharge patients without IT systems. Is this impacting covid hospital numbers indirectly?
    Or are there even COVID patients still in Cork hospitals?

Very hard to know with all the public data feeds gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Thanks. He's normally really laid back but was definitely a bit hesitant taking the vaccine in first place . He says the Irish government are doing a mini Boris Johnson by pushing out doses

Honestly he doesn't have to worry. Most recommendations are 28 -42 days. Studies are shown that the delay boasts immune response as well. It's not like the UK delaying up to 12 weeks earlier this year when they didn't have the data to back it up and basically took a calculated risk.

Honestly he doesn't have to worry. Most recommendations are 28 -42 days. Studies are shown that the delay boasts immune response as well. It's not like the UK delaying up to 12 weeks earlier this year when they didn't have the data to back it up and basically took a calculated risk.

But isn't a second shot needed to be safe against Delta? ( which will probably be 30% of cases before he gets his second dose)So if a 40 year is prioritised for getting 1st dose vaccination before my partner's 2nd shot(he's 55), that can't be right? If the delay is due to 2nd dose astrazeneca shots, fair enough, as uses the same logic and is dictated by public health reasons, but 1st doses to younger ages shouldnt be prioritized before 2nd doses?

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1407370587752837128

As of midnight, Monday 21st June, we are reporting
    294*

13 in ICU. 39 in hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I have seen signs for a test centre now when driving through Bandon, not sure if it is over high cases there

It would be nice to know the county numbers and LEAs

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I have seen signs for a test centre now when driving through Bandon, not sure if it is over high cases there

It would be nice to know the county numbers and LEAs

Pop-up Covid-19 test centre opens in Bandon
    Updated / Monday, 21 Jun 2021 13:09

^^^ Only opened yesterday for two days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

But isn't a second shot needed to be safe against Delta? ( which will probably be 30% of cases before he gets his second dose)So if a 40 year is prioritised for getting 1st dose vaccination before my partner's 2nd shot(he's 55), that can't be right? If the delay is due to 2nd dose astrazeneca shots, fair enough, as uses the same logic and is dictated by public health reasons, but 1st doses to younger ages shouldnt be prioritized before 2nd doses?

It's a emotional subject when concerned about health.
    First dose provides protection against all known varients, the efficiency after 1st isn't as high against symptomatic infections and protection increases after the second. This will take time to establish as its new enough varient. Always remember % quoted so often by people is about symptomatic infection. It's the stopping hospitalizations/deaths which is important and the % is higher for this than the numbers that are banded about.

Also the 40 year old getting 1st dose also helps to break the chain and thus also protects your husband.

Sit tight and he'll have the second jab soon enough. Unless your over the 42 days for a second jab then it's all within the approved time frame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭opus

2nd Pfizer shot for me today in City Hall, time between doses was 34 days. Have a few friends who will end up a bit longer with a 37 day wait. Little bit more queuing this time round but still only 20 mins or so. Only effect the first one had on me was that I felt very tired & ended up falling asleep on the sofa so I was ready this time & had a few mugs of coffee once I got home, so far so good!

Seems like cases are dropping in Cork. I remember I posted an update here a week or so ago and the 5 say average was in the high 30s.

A total of 402 cases were reported in Cork in the last 14 days and the five-day moving average of new cases is 17 (reported from June 8 to midnight on June 21).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

2 friends of mine, both 37, got texts today for appts next Monday and Wednesday - City Hall and Pairc Ui Chaoimh :)

Alas, nothing for me yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

leahyl wrote: »
    2 friends of mine, both 37, got texts today for appts next Monday and Wednesday - City Hall and Pairc Ui Chaoimh :)

Alas, nothing for me yet :(

When did the registered compared to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

When did the registered compared to you?

Same day - all of us registered early, cos the portal was open - Friday evening. Just read over on the Covid forum of someone who is 35 and got a text after only registering this morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

My wife just got her text 2nd dose of Pfizer next Tues PiC which will be day 41

• Advertisement

discostu1 wrote: »
    My wife just got her text 2nd dose of Pfizer next Tues PiC which will be day 41

My partner same, next Tues. 40 days. Close to the wire.

Advertisement