Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Bellie1 wrote: »
    My partner same, next Tues. 40 days. Close to the wire.

What's the max days you should be waiting before second dose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

leahyl wrote: »
    Same day - all of us registered early, cos the portal was open - Friday evening. Just read over on the Covid forum of someone who is 35 and got a text after only registering this morning!!

Friday it opened? I registered late Saturday night/early Sunday AM… did realize it opened then… I might have a bit of a wait still

Friday it opened? I registered late Saturday night/early Sunday AM… did realize it opened then… I might have a bit of a wait still

Yeah, saw it here on boards that you could go into the 40-69 portal and when you put in your year of birth, it accepted 1982 upwards so.....I just said feck it - told my friends and they registered pretty soon after me....I really hope I get a text tomorrow, if not today, as I'm a year younger than them so maybe that's it...

Yeah, saw it here on boards that you could go into the 40-69 portal and when you put in your year of birth, it accepted 1982 upwards so.....I just said feck it - told my friends and they registered pretty soon after me....I really hope I get a text tomorrow, if not today, as I'm a year younger than them so maybe that's it...

Just seen people who registered this morning getting appointments… seems like mad carry on like a lucky dip 🀣

Just seen people who registered this morning getting appointments… seems like mad carry on like a lucky dip ��

"Brought to you by the HSE" :pac: I josh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Same day - all of us registered early, cos the portal was open - Friday evening. Just read over on the Covid forum of someone who is 35 and got a text after only registering this morning!!

I'm 35, registered on Saturday and got a text this afternoon for PUC next week.

Yeah it's very strange. I'm all anxious now! My friends registered the same time as me and they have their appointments and people younger than me too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭Bellie1

What's the max days you should be waiting before second dose?

42 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, imagine if the person couldn't make it that day or something happened. You'd be outside the 42 days then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Husband got his appointment for 2nd jab. Next Thurs 1st July, PUC, 40 days after his 1st where he went to CH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1407732657786589188

As of midnight, Tuesday 22nd June, we are reporting
    348*
    confirmed cases of #COVID19.

13 in ICU. 41 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data review, validation and update.

titan18 wrote: »
    Ya, imagine if the person couldn't make it that day or something happened. You'd be outside the 42 days then.

And from some posts here, 30 somethings getting first dose early next week in cork so it's not due to available slots. I reckon government are trying to reach their 70% target and getting as many 1st doses in so they can have their second dose by end July. That's what's annoying, putting politics before health. It's surely more important for a 55 year old to be fully vaccinated asap than for a 37 year old to get first dose? Ah sure, once we hit our target....

36 and registered late Saturday early Sunday and am in puc July 1st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭notAMember

titan18 wrote: »

There is no need for stress about the numbers of days.

We all have different bodies, different immune systems. The booster jab will work whenever you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭deeperlearning

And from some posts here, 30 somethings getting first dose early next week in cork so it's not due to available slots. I reckon government are trying to reach their 70% target and getting as many 1st doses in so they can have their second dose by end July. That's what's annoying, putting politics before health. It's surely more important for a 55 year old to be fully vaccinated asap than for a 37 year old to get first dose? Ah sure, once we hit our target....

One dose of Pfizer reduces hospital admissions with the Delta variant by 94%. Two doses raises that to 96%.

There is a lot to be said for giving a 37 year old their first dose. It will keep them out of hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

My uncle is the same. Next Tuesday in PUC 40 days after 1st dose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Deub

Yeah it's very strange. I'm all anxious now! My friends registered the same time as me and they have their appointments and people younger than me too!

My OH registered more than 24hrs after me but got the text 1 min before. A friend registered the same day as me but didn’t receive the text yet.
    One theory could be that they select people by eircode and then send texts by alphabetical order.
    By any chance, would your friends live closer to the city center than you?
    Or maybe it is only by alphabetical order… they pulled on Wednesday the list of people registered, and send the texts to people from A to M. the could do the next batch in a couple of days.
    Who knows !

Deub wrote: »
    My OH registered more than 24hrs after me but got the text 1 min before. A friend registered the same day as me but didn’t receive the text yet.
    One theory could be that they select people by eircode and then send texts by alphabetical order.
    By any chance, would your friends live closer to the city center than you?
    Or maybe it is only by alphabetical order… they pulled on Wednesday the list of people registered, and send the texts to people from A to M. the could do the next batch in a couple of days.
    Who knows !

Think you thanked my post in the Covid forum so you'll see I got my appointment - but got no text, it was via the portal! Tuesday next, 29th June, in City Hall :)

One dose of Pfizer reduces hospital admissions with the Delta variant by 94%. Two doses raises that to 96%.

There is a lot to be said for giving a 37 year old their first dose. It will keep them out of hospital.

Thanks. But why are they so concerned about getting second doses into over 60s and HCW if that's the case? If they have very little risk of hospitalisation after 1 dose then why the concern?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Finally got my 2nd appointment there. Got a call from someone down in City Hall saying I can come in this Saturday or Sunday so getting it Saturday at 9am now.

• Advertisement

Think you thanked my post in the Covid forum so you'll see I got my appointment - but got no text, it was via the portal! Tuesday next, 29th June, in City Hall :)

How’d you jump the que 🀣🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

GP just rang offering me the vaccine on Monday. I had rang to be put on the list and was approved due to my previous bad asthma cases. Absolutely delighted!

How’d you jump the que ����

:pac::)

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Thanks. But why are they so concerned about getting second doses into over 60s and HCW if that's the case? If they have very little risk of hospitalisation after 1 dose then why the concern?

Because the bulk of these cohorts got the AZ vaccine not Pfizer’s

Actually- I just saw this on the Covid vaccine thread. 33% protection from 1st doses seem pretty low? I thought this was just for AZ vaccine, I didn’t realise it was Pfizer’s as well?

“PHE published c92% protection against hospitalisation for AZ after second injection and 96% for Pfizer after second injections. Both were c 33% after the 1st vaccinations.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Actually- I just saw this on the Covid vaccine thread. 33% protection from 1st doses seem pretty low? I thought this was just for AZ vaccine, I didn’t realise it was Pfizer’s as well?

“PHE published c92% protection against hospitalisation for AZ after second injection and 96% for Pfizer after second injections. Both were c 33% after the 1st vaccinations.”

Is the 33% not symptomatic? Remember the key is keeping people out of hospitals and dying.
    Also I would treat that 33% with a pinch of salt as too early to tell fully and I'd put money on its going to be higher.

Is the 33% not symptomatic? Remember the key is keeping people out of hospitals and dying.
    Also I would treat that 33% with a pinch of salt as too early to tell fully and I'd put money on its going to be higher.

That’s grand if the 33% is for symptomatic Covid, as you say once it prevents serious illness/ hospitalisations/ deaths thats the main thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,677 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think I said I’d keep ye posted.
    28 year old male with no underlying conditions.
    I registered on the 14th of June and got a call on Monday.
    Had my first Pfizer vaccine earlier.
    It was honestly like a mini class reunion with all of us that were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lmcwh

Wondering if anyone has received an appointment for MTU yet?

I’m (im)patiently waiting for my 2nd Pfizer shot.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40321721.html?fbclid=IwAR04gmS4ONx3-8lpF6oniQfiKbRHf8fRVQum4lsgQdm9gjpoW9n75zbTiEk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

I think I said I’d keep ye posted.
    28 year old male with no underlying conditions.
    I registered on the 14th of June and got a call on Monday.
    Had my first Pfizer vaccine earlier.
    It was honestly like a mini class reunion with all of us that were there.

I assume this was PuC or City Hall and you registered via the HSE portal ???

Advertisement