Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1408095796030062598

As of midnight, Wednesday 23rd June, we are reporting
    304*
    confirmed cases of #COVID19.

13 in ICU. 47 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data review, validation and update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,677 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

discostu1 wrote: »
    I assume this was PuC or City Hall and you registered via the HSE portal ???

Nope, local Heath center
    I just emailed them saying you wanted to be on the list.
    Keep an eye out at your local surgery to see if they are doing similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭MrDerp

lmcwh wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone has received an appointment for MTU yet?

I’m (im)patiently waiting for my 2nd Pfizer shot.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40321721.html?fbclid=IwAR04gmS4ONx3-8lpF6oniQfiKbRHf8fRVQum4lsgQdm9gjpoW9n75zbTiEk

Yep, MrsDerp and I are down for first Pfizer jab next week in CIT. Registered last Saturday night.

Annoying considering we live in Ballintemple, with equally easy walking access to both PUC and City Hall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Nope, local Heath center
    I just emailed them saying you wanted to be on the list.
    Keep an eye out at your local surgery to see if they are doing similar.

When you say local health centre, do you mean your doctor surgery?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 banana_skin

MrDerp wrote: »
    Yep, MrsDerp and I are down for first Pfizer jab next week in CIT. Registered last Saturday night.

Annoying considering we live in Ballintemple, with equally easy walking access to both PUC and City Hall.

Same here. My better half of getting her first Pfizer jab there next week. We're walking distance to PUC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Just got my second appt (portal only, no text yet) for City Hall next Tuesday. Bang on 28 days after the first dose.

airy fairy wrote: »
    When you say local health centre, do you mean your doctor surgery?

Well I'd consider it more of a health center. There's various GP's there, Nurses, x-ray and various other services provided.(It is where my GP is based tough).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Has anyone been rang with an appointment off a mobile number and not received a text?

I got one yesterday offering me my 2nd dose in City Hall tomorrow and thought I'd get a text today with it confirming but had nothing. I just rang HSELive and they had nothing on their system either for me having an appointment.

Anyone else gotten similar, as I'm not sure if it's some weird scam or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

titan18 wrote: »
    Has anyone been rang with an appointment off a mobile number and not received a text?

I got one yesterday offering me my 2nd dose in City Hall tomorrow and thought I'd get a text today with it confirming but had nothing. I just rang HSELive and they had nothing on their system either for me having an appointment.

They had your name and knew it was your second dose or you offered that information when they said who they were?

I doubt it’s a scam in my opinion. I’d think at worst a friend taking the piss and at best it’s a legit mix up with the HSE. Hopefully you get clarity tho ASAP

As far as I know if you get a call you don’t get a text.
    I think it’s people who cancel and they just ring to free up the spaces.

• Advertisement

They had your name and knew it was your second dose or you offered that information when they said who they were?

I doubt it’s a scam in my opinion. I’d think at worst a friend taking the piss and at best it’s a legit mix up with the HSE. Hopefully you get clarity tho ASAP

They had my name and knew it was my second dose. I thought I'd get a text confirming it today like I had with the first one so got a bit worried when I didn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭xabi

They had my name and knew it was my second dose. I thought I'd get a text confirming it today like I had with the first one so got a bit worried when I didn't

Check the portal

xabi wrote: »
    Check the portal

I'm cohort 7 so wouldn't have registered on the portal unfortunately. GP referral for the first dose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭xabi

Try calling the helpline, they should have you listed im sure

xabi wrote: »
    Try calling the helpline, they should have you listed im sure

Ya, I did and they didn't have me on their system. Just going to have to turn up tomorrow and hope I think.

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1408455225158078467

As of midnight, Thursday 24 June, we are reporting
    380*

13 in ICU. 38 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data review, validation and update.

Cases count doesn't really matter unless a spike happens, but the above higher than daily average?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,606 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Looks like a two week delay has been decided upon, and it’s only a matter of getting their PR right to tell us how crucial it is, and how we are in the home straight and Bla Bla Bla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I feel sorry for the hospitality sector, a few businesses won't reopen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

NPHET haven't even met yet, nothing has been decided despite what the media insists

• Registered Users Posts: 8,606 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

NPHET haven't even met yet, nothing has been decided despite what the media insists

Nephet don’t matter.

Tony has decided, mick hasn’t the balls for anything else and leo has leaked it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Cork2021

To be fair Holahan laid the groundwork’s with his tweet at the start of the week, which I turn got ISAG going and then it’s splashed all over the front pages of the rags!

Cork2021 wrote: »
    To be fair Holahan laid the groundwork’s with his tweet at the start of the week, which I turn got ISAG going and then it’s splashed all over the front pages of the rags!
    ISAG aren't on NPHET.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Cork2021

ISAG aren't on NPHET.

I know that, what I’m saying is, Holahan tweeted Monday. ISAG went on a coordinated attack on the back of what he said to put their agenda forward hence then the media going nuts and politicians cowardly hiding behind NPHET

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1408787818537697280

As of midnight, Friday 25th June, we are reporting
    443*

13 in ICU. 43 in hospital.

Hoping the increase in cases is not a trend?

corkie wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1408787818537697280

As of midnight, Friday 25th June, we are reporting
    443*

13 in ICU. 43 in hospital.

Hoping the increase in cases is not a trend?
    Doesn't really make a difference anymore, hospital numbers won't increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭ofcork

Just as well as both mercy and cuh are asking people to stay away from ed if possible as long delays yet again!!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I had a lovely walk around town this afternoon. I haven't been in town for over a year and a half. I left Cork not long before Covid hit and while I have managed to make it home between restrictions it was the first time I managed to get into town. Had a coffee in the Idaho Cafe. Never been there before even though I walked past it everyday for years on my way to work. Caroline Street looked great. It was nice to see everyone out dining on the street. Caroline street always felt like a bit of a dead space previously. Hopefully the city council allow this kind of thing to continue when the covid situation calms down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How are the cases still high? Is it the easy fast spread of the Delta variant?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    We've only just started vaccinating 35-39 year olds. There's everyone not at high risk from 0 to 34 unvaccinated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Cases mean nothing. No increase in hospitals or anything. It’s much ado about nothing. Variants is just scare mongering

Advertisement