Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

Shame people living near that racket have had to put up with it for weeks and nothing can be done other than finger wagging from guards and a joint UCC CIT letter that students will simply laugh off.

The law can do f all and they know it.

Why aren’t the landlords made do anything about it? They’re the ones collecting all the rent off them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,186 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is any car parks free or offering incentives to get shoppers back in city now for phase 2 reopenings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Be right back

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is any car parks free or offering incentives to get shoppers back in city now for phase 2 reopenings?

Paul street and north main street were free of charge during lockdown. Not sure what's the story is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Paul street and north main street were free of charge during lockdown. Not sure what's the story is now.

Both are still free.

Would be nice to see improved cycling infrastructure too now that buses have vastly reduced capacity. Half the lanes in and around the city are full of parked cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,465 ✭✭✭TheChizler

The free parking just encouraged people to park all day in town for work by all accounts (or just one person I was taking to).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Today's the second day in a row with 0 cases reported in Cork.

Here's the latest CUH update:
    Total number of positive cases of COVID-19 identified in CUH in the past 24 hours - 0
    Total number of inpatient cases of COVID-19 currently in CUH – 5
    Total number of patients with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID -19 who have recovered and been discharged from CUH in the last 24 hours. – 2
    Total number of COVID-19 patients receiving ventilator support in CUH – 2

Paul Street parking fees suspended, free today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Paul Street parking fees suspended, free today

Surprised how busy town was. Very few masks being worn. Paul St seemed about half full.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

TheDriver wrote: »
    Surprised how busy town was. Very few masks being worn. Paul St seemed about half full.

Was this indoors or outdoors or both?

The advice on masks is confusing and misleading, WHO, HSE and DOH need to make mandatory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Was this indoors or outdoors or both?

In general both indoors and outdoors. I didn't see anyone putting on a mask to go indoors.

Latest CUH update

Total number of positive cases of COVID-19 identified in CUH in the past 24 hours - 0
    Total number of inpatient cases of COVID-19 currently in CUH – 5
    Total number of patients with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 who have recovered and been discharged from CUH in the last 24 hours. – 0
    Total number of COVID-19 patients receiving ventilator support in CUH – 2

+1 case in Cork yesterday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

With the combined delays of symptom onset and testing, can we say that the current case reports are a snapshot of 1 to 3 weeks ago?

Anyone chance Penneys today, I preferred to wait a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Saw videos of the queues going out and around the back of the building then back up on to Patrick street. Crazy.

Also saw videos of the armed guards arresting some guy up by Supermacs. 6 or 7 lads took him down. Slammed him to the ground. They cuffed him and some woman in a suit gave him a bit of a grilling out on the street. Anyone know what that was about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,106 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Town is absolutely hopping today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Town is absolutely hopping today.

It’s great to see, long may it last. Amazing to see people make such an effort to support local businesses.

DuffleBag wrote: »
    Saw videos of the queues going out and around the back of the building then back up on to Patrick street. Crazy.

Also saw videos of the armed guards arresting some guy up by Supermacs. 6 or 7 lads took him down. Slammed him to the ground. They cuffed him and some woman in a suit gave him a bit of a grilling out on the street. Anyone know what that was about?

Commotion at Guineys this morning also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,465 ✭✭✭TheChizler

What's going on with the pedestrianisation of Oliver Plunkett St? Was walking down Princes St yesterday afternoon and had to jump out of the way of a car barrelling down the street behind me and was squeezed into a group of people waiting for pizza. Looking around the street was full of parked cars and so was Oliver Plunkett St. All the barriers were down.

• Advertisement

It seems close contacts of positive Covid19 cases has risen, I think at this point if possible everyone should be tested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ofcork

Commotion at Guineys this morning also

Someone on the phone to neil yesterday morning said they arrested a guy outside abrakababra.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

ofcork wrote: »
    Someone on the phone to neil yesterday morning said they arrested a guy outside abrakababra.

Few videos going around of it

No new cases in Cork today. Think that's just 4 this week.

4 remain in CUH, down by 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Howcome most of the supermarkets had social distancing measures put in place outside the building but Penneys did practically nothing?

They might have let so many in at a time but there was no social distancing today or yesterday.

The 2 meter rule needs to be looked at.

mikeym wrote: »
    Howcome most of the supermarkets had social distancing measures put in place outside the building but Penneys did practically nothing?

They might have let so many in at a time but there was no social distancing today or yesterday.

The 2 meter rule needs to be looked at.

Presumably because if everyone was 2m apart, the queue would have been the whole length of Patrick st. There was already issues with other business owners complaining that the queue was blocking the entrances to their shops, this is only going to get worse as more places reopen.
    I was in the queue and while those around me weren’t 2m apart, they weren’t on top of me either and I didn’t feel uncomfortable or unsafe.

I see why limiting numbers is necessary, as well as the 2m rule, but come winter I just don’t see how it will be feasible or practical to enforce. People are not going to queue for an hour in the cold/rain to get into every single shop. This is a death sentence for our local businesses unless they come up with a better solution.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Presumably because if everyone was 2m apart, the queue would have been the whole length of Patrick st. There was already issues with other business owners complaining that the queue was blocking the entrances to their shops, this is only going to get worse as more places reopen.
    I was in the queue and while those around me weren’t 2m apart, they weren’t on top of me either and I didn’t feel uncomfortable or unsafe.

I see why limiting numbers is necessary, as well as the 2m rule, but come winter I just don’t see how it will be feasible or practical to enforce. People are not going to queue for an hour in the cold/rain to get into every single shop. This is a death sentence for our local businesses unless they come up with a better solution.

Maybe like making the wearing of masks compulsory in shops and indoor public premises.

Maybe like making the wearing of masks compulsory in shops and indoor public premises.

I would be in completely in favour of this if it increased shop capacity and reduced the length of queues.

Doctors at Cork University Hospital have identified a case of Covid-19 in February that appears to predate the first known Irish case.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus-man-had-covid-19-in-cork-in-late-february-before-first-confirmed-irish-case-1.4278840

• Advertisement

0 new cases in Cork again today of the 45 yesterday. 31 of them in Dublin.

Advertisement