Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

rob316 wrote: »
    He's spot on to be honest. Time limits, asking for contact details is all a load of bollox. I won't be going for a sup until I can go for a pint without been interrogated and segregated.

Most of the measures will in all probability remain in place even on 20th July and for the foreseeable future after that. It`s not just for a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,106 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

rob316 wrote: »
    He's spot on to be honest. Time limits, asking for contact details is all a load of bollox. I won't be going for a sup until I can go for a pint without been interrogated and segregated.

As long as I will be forced to sit at a table, I can't see me going to pubs - and I was a very, very regular visitor to my local pubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,243 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Most of the measures will in all probability remain in place even on 20th July and for the foreseeable future after that. It`s not just for a few weeks.

Its a fast changing situation, the economy has to get back to business. I wouldn't be making predictions on the foreseeable future. It was Aug 10th, then 20th July, now its the 29th June. Was 2m distance now it'll be 1m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,243 ✭✭✭✭rob316

As long as I will be forced to sit at a table, I can't see me going to pubs - and I was a very, very regular visitor to my local pubs.

Same, I'm happy to sit at home. I live in the city centre so I'm always in his pubs, mind you he has so many there's not much else you can go to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

If anyone was still in any doubt that a lockdown was worth it...

516867.png

516866.png

b1wbj7lhej551.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Not sure about the protocols that will be in place but regardless of food service all pubs will be open July 6th.

Fcuking Superfruit.
    I rarely shop there but they have nice, Irish potatoes at the moment and if I've queued to get into the market, I wasn't to get all my shopping there.
    Anyway, my gripe; 4 tills and only one credit card machine. Stingy fecks are too mean to buy enough credit card machines, even in these circumstances!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,465 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Any time I've been there it's the till on the corner is the only one open, and they make a big deal of insisting on taking your card, walking over to the furthest away till to get the card reader, bring it back, THEN putting your card in next to you. Very strange setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭corks finest

Well now you'll be a very very very richer man

Well now you'll be a very very very richer man

I suspect that you overestimate how much I spend in pubs.
    I don't value wealth just in monetary terms.

• Advertisement

TheChizler wrote: »
    Any time I've been there it's the till on the corner is the only one open, and they make a big deal of insisting on taking your card, walking over to the furthest away till to get the card reader, bring it back, THEN putting your card in next to you. Very strange setup.

It's worse than that. The terminal isn't wireless, it's wired into the little office window and reaches the till nearest that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

No new cases in Cork today again, 4th day in a row

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Vero moda open in black pool shopping centre but the one in city centre still closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

No new cases in Cork today again, 4th day in a row

First time to have weekly cases under 100 since the first week of March. 14 deaths this week 21 less than last week and the lowest weekly number of deaths since the virus first landed here

Zero cases in Cork again today for the 5th day in a row

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Be right back

Zero cases in Cork again today for the 5th day in a row

It's great for a county that had the 3rd highest numbers of cases in the country.

6th day in a row - no cases in Cork.

We are now 1 week without a case. I think I'll stop posting now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

We are now 1 week without a case. I think I'll stop posting now!

If you have that info, keep posting it. Good to know the measures are working.

If you have that info, keep posting it. Good to know the measures are working.
    If you say so!

Now 8 days without a case.

• Advertisement

No cases again today. Cases yesterday were from Dublin and Kildare alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,186 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Good on Cork, well done

It is great. Obviously the outbreak in the meat factory a couple of weeks ago was well contained?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭corks finest

If you say so!

Now 8 days without a case.

Doing great

According to the Examiner, there was a cluster in the SMA, Blackrock where 19 priests were ill with Covid and 3 passed away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Doing great

Unfortunately once international travel starts up, won’t remain like that.

Dealz has the blue once off masks 2 for 1.50

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

According to the Examiner, there was a cluster in the SMA, Blackrock where 19 priests were ill with Covid and 3 passed away.
    Oh that's awful.

Awful, RIP

• Advertisement

1 additional case in Cork since Thursday.

Advertisement