Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Be right back

1 additional case in Cork since Thursday.

Too good to last.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

In the overall scheme of things, that isn't the worst. It means the virus is still in the county but that was expected, but it was most likely from a cluster rather then community transmission which is better then nothing. For the second most populous county, we are doing very, very good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

The run on bog roll is abt to begin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

The run on bog roll is abt to begin

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

In the overall scheme of things, that isn't the worst. It means the virus is still in the county but that was expected, but it was most likely from a cluster rather then community transmission which is better then nothing. For the second most populous county, we are doing very, very good.

Ah yeah, no prevalence here, we've been very lucky as a region.

Town had a good vibe today, tables out on Princes Street, people enjoying themselves.

Nice to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

I was in Blackrock Sunday and the lack of social distancing around the area of the farmer's market was awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,186 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Ah yeah, no prevalence here, we've been very lucky as a region.

Town had a good vibe today, tables out on Princes Street, people enjoying themselves.

Nice to see.

Is it 1m now for pubs, cafes and restaurants?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,465 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Had a look over the wall into the beer garden next door, seems to be 1 foot and no food requirement if it was anything to go by...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

TheChizler wrote: »
    Had a look over the wall into the beer garden next door, seems to be 1 foot and no food requirement if it was anything to go by...
    You can always make a report.

The Briar Rose was caught a few weeks back holding a private function (birthday?)
    Don't know the outcome as it doesn't seem to have been reported anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Worztron

Plenty of people getting on buses with no face covering. WTH? Ref: (scroll down a bit) https://www.buseireann.ie/service_updates.php?id=4066&month=Jun

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Worztron wrote: »
    Plenty of people getting on buses with no face covering. WTH? Ref: (scroll down a bit) https://www.buseireann.ie/service_updates.php?id=4066&month=Jun

There were a rake of people being left onto buses on Pana with no masks on today. So BE aren't using their right to say no.

Speaking of which, an ambulance and 2 paramedic cars lashed into Pana at 4 by marks and couldn't find their casualty so quit off. The ambulance guys were dressed in military attire which surprised me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

TheDriver wrote: »
    There were a rake of people being left onto buses on Pana with no masks on today. So BE aren't using their right to say no.

Speaking of which, an ambulance and 2 paramedic cars lashed into Pana at 4 by marks and couldn't find their casualty so quit off. The ambulance guys were dressed in military attire which surprised me.

Army medical teams are supporting civilian health authorities at the moment.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Army medical teams are supporting civilian health authorities at the moment.
    I was thinking that but it gave me a shock all the same.
    After reading the BE website, it is annoying that we seem to have rules and no enforcement etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,106 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

About 5 weeks ago, I tweeted a pic of a bus in Douglas with teenagers all crammed in together, ignoring distancing rules, suggesting that driver only busses might not be viable at the moment.

Bus Eireann replied, publicly :
    Hi. Bus Éireann will not be policing services. We expect people to follow the restrictions put in place by Government at this time and enforced by An Garda Síochána. Please see attached for exceptions of travel https://t.co/1ksxHSbtht… Kind Regards ^JOR

My problem here is that every other business in the country is expected to police social distancing rules but Bus Eireann get to say, "it's not our problem."? I don't get that.
    They have publicly said that they aren't enforcing mandatory mask wearing, too.

Can every other business abdicate responsibility, too?

About 5 weeks ago, I tweeted a pic of a bus in Douglas with teenagers all crammed in together, ignoring distancing rules, suggesting that driver only busses might not be viable at the moment.

Bus Eireann replied, publicly :
    Hi. Bus Éireann will not be policing services. We expect people to follow the restrictions put in place by Government at this time and enforced by An Garda Síochána. Please see attached for exceptions of travel https://t.co/1ksxHSbtht…; Kind Regards ^JOR

My problem here is that every other business in the country is expected to police social distancing rules but Bus Eireann get to say, "it's not our problem."? I don't get that.
    They have publicly said that they aren't enforcing mandatory mask wearing, too.

Can every other business abdicate responsibility, too?

Gas! From their website:
    Face coverings are mandatory on all Bus Éireann services
    In line with Government instruction, face coverings must be worn when boarding or travelling on vehicles from Monday 29 June 2020 and until further notice, unless an exemption applies.

This will help us to keep everybody safe on board our vehicles.

Bus Éireann reserves the right to refuse access to or to ask passengers to leave vehicles if they are in contravention of the Government instruction.

Sunday, 28th June, 2020

So they can stop you but aren't going to? Sums up why the Irish response is poor outside of getting us to stay at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

No cases in Cork since Saturday.

No cases in Cork since Saturday.

That's great to hear, again.

That's great to hear, again.

It must be near impossible to pick it up in Cork this weather.

It seems to be anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,106 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

A fair observation at the moment.
    Who know what it will be like in a couple of months.
    I think a lot of the social distancing and mask wearing is really, at the moment, there just for people to get used to the idea. Chances are, in the future, it will really be necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

4 additional cases in Cork over the past 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

2 of those cases being the soldiers in Kilworth, hopefully they and the other 2 diagnosed makes a good recovery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,186 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

And Cork was doing so well

2 of those cases being the soldiers in Kilworth, hopefully they and the other 2 diagnosed makes a good recovery

Had they just returned from overseas duty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Had they just returned from overseas duty?

As far as i know they were due to fly out to lebanon .

seefin wrote: »
    As far as i know they were due to fly out to lebanon .

That is my understanding too. Also note Kilworth was the location for soldiers from around the country to isolate prior to departure so I suspect they are probably not Cork origin soldiers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Well that's definitely your fault Driver :)

Ludo wrote: »
    Well that's definitely your fault Driver :)

Trust me to jinx it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 Deep_learning

That is my understanding too. Also note Kilworth was the location for soldiers from around the country to isolate prior to departure so I suspect they are probably not Cork origin soldiers.

According to the Irish Examiner, the soldiers were from the Dublin area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭corks finest

fin12 wrote: »
    Unfortunately once international travel starts up, won’t remain like that.

Working in a house in Ballyephane Fri,lady there is a HSE worker, one of her colleagues tested positive for Covid during the week, ( working in the wards of St Finbarr s)
    No symptoms at all, worrying as it's old ) infirm ppl she attends

Advertisement