Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Cork +1 today - diagnosed in CUH yesterday

2 additional cases in Cork yesterday

No additional cases in Cork yesterday - 1 denotification

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

No additional cases in Cork yesterday - 1 denotification

What does denotification mean? A false case?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

What does denotification mean? A false case?

Sometimes people are tested multiple times but reported as different cases.

• Advertisement

Cork is +1 today but I'm fairly certain it's a re-classified case as Kerry is -1

2 additional cases today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,186 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

2 additional cases today

I wonder are they travel related

Dunno if anyone else knows but there's word going around of issues involving a GAA club or maybe even two in West Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Dunno if anyone else knows but there's word going around of issues involving a GAA club or maybe even two in West Cork?

Just back from down west and heard some locals talking about it alright but didn't catch the name of the club. Apparently (according to twitter.. take from that what you will) two players were in contact with a covid-19 positive person, they then went on to play multiple matches.. with more then 2 teams apperantly. All just rumours now though

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

I don’t know about anyone else but I am feeling a bit conflicted. I am equally grateful as well as cautious about these reports.
    Especially when I think of that family in Sligo; please God that there are no fatalities; but if there are can you imagine the backlash this family in Sligo would receive?!
    I think personally if it were my family experiencing the misfortune of testing positive for Covid I would be keeping very tight lipped.
    If these reports are true; as a parent to children who love their sport my heart goes out to them as there is a spotlight on them. I hope each and every one of them make a full recovery both mentally and physically
    I’m thankful for the app as it alerts people anonymously

Who were they playing or just practice themselves?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I don’t know about anyone else but I am feeling a bit conflicted. I am equally grateful as well as cautious about these reports.
    Especially when I think of that family in Sligo; please God that there are no fatalities; but if there are can you imagine the backlash this family in Sligo would receive?!
    I think personally if it were my family experiencing the misfortune of testing positive for Covid I would be keeping very tight lipped.
    If these reports are true; as a parent to children who love their sport my heart goes out to them as there is a spotlight on them. I hope each and every one of them make a full recovery both mentally and physically
    To be perfectly honest if I or any of my children tested positive for this in the morning I would be very careful who I shared this information with which is why I am thankful for the app as it alerts people anonymously

Yes, and there is a reason why cases are not reported in a certain region when numbers are low.

Privacy has to be respected, we all know what people are like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Tbf they went to a party and then went and played matches, that's sh!t carry on.

Second club confirmed - Ballinascarthy

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2934724579909400&id=467044350010781
    Scannels have delayed their opening due to a staff member knowing somebody who was at the party. Fair play to them for delaying their opening for the safety of customers. Staff member already being tested and they hope to open in a day or so

Word going around now is that all the people at the house party are being tested today, timoleage and Ballinascarthy have cancelled their matche and about half of those teams attended the party.
    If there's a positive in either team then they will have to test the other clubs such as kilmichel, kilbritain, carbery rangers etc as they ended up playing those teams such as carbery rangers a few days later.

s1ippy wrote: »
    Tbf they went to a party and then went and played matches, that's sh!t carry on.

Was it a Covid party like in the US they are throwing, I mean why was a positive carrier at a party, no symptoms untested?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was it a Covid party like in the US they are throwing, I mean why was a positive carrier at a party, no symptoms untested?

It was just a normal house party. The individual was likely presymptomatic and had no idea where they picked it up.

This won’t be the last story of this kind as travel ramps up and gatherings resume as they have been recently

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Always knew there was something wrong with GAA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

s1ippy wrote: »

Is this in the main stream news? This has to be reported so that people will hopefully learn and cop on and maintain social distancing.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Always knew there was something wrong with GAA.
    What does this have to do with the GAA? It's a GAA player, that has zero to do with the GAA as a whole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is a COVID party where someone who is positive and knows goes to a party and the other people attending also know there is a person/people with the infection present at the party?

No new cases in Cork today. +5 in Waterford.

fin12 wrote: »
    Is a COVID party where someone who is positive and knows goes to a party and the other people attending also know there is a person/people with the infection present at the party?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/alabama-coronavirus-parties-trnd/index.html
    Some young people in Alabama are throwing Covid-19 parties, a disturbing competition where people who have coronavirus attend and the first person to get infected receives a payout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Shouldn’t that be a criminal offense, going out to purposely effect others regardless of whether or not people agree to be infected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,465 ✭✭✭TheChizler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭.red.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Awful bang of urban legend off that

Except it's in the good ol' US of A so nothing would surprise me

Advertisement