Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭corks finest

They all came back negative

Roberts cove yesterday was akin to Salou , tight packed crowds, absolutely no parking, water and beach and field above it jammed,no gardai absolutely no social distancing as it was impossible to do so, I turned my car and fled, I sincerely hope we don't get a second wave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,106 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Roberts cove yesterday was akin to Salou , tight packed crowds, absolutely no parking, water and beach and field above it jammed,no gardai absolutely no social distancing as it was impossible to do so, I turned my car and fled, I sincerely hope we don't get a second wave

I also hope we don't get a second wave.

But in fairness you are a person who went to the beach who is complaining about people going to the beach. If all those other people weren't there, you'd have stayed, then people like yourself would have arrived and complained about the crowds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,242 ✭✭✭✭rob316

There is a very low chance of outdoor transmission on the beach on a sunny day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

rob316 wrote: »

Very low is an understatement, it’s practically impossible tbh, outdoor transmission is incredibly rare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

One additional case in Cork today.
    Dublin on the other hand is +25 :eek:
    A construction site in central Dublin has closed down temporarily on Monday after a number of building workers tested positive for coronavirus.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/dublin-construction-site-closes-after-workers-test-positive-for-coronavirus-1.4308678

• Advertisement

No new cases in Cork today.

I also hope we don't get a second wave.

But in fairness you are a person who went to the beach who is complaining about people going to the beach. If all those other people weren't there, you'd have stayed, then people like yourself would have arrived and complained about the crowds.
    Difference being I wasn't going to the beach but above it( hawks/falcons etc) and I left immediately, didn't leave the car, just back from there today,less than a tenth of the crowd,day approx 50 ppl,10 cars

Very low is an understatement, it’s practically impossible tbh, outdoor transmission is incredibly rare

I'm not aware of those facts,not a doctor,so will abide by government advice,feck that I'm over 60 so not taking any chances

rob316 wrote: »

Even though you're practically rubbing shoulders with your neighbours?as was the case yesterday, maybe I'm being paranoid, but so be it, anyway neither you,I,or anyone else really knows what's going on

Anyone hear anything about Grange Supervalu?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

It was a couple of weeks back. They’ve a statement on their Facebook page about. They said nothing to see here supposedly

Santy2015 wrote: »
    It was a couple of weeks back. They’ve a statement on their Facebook page about. They said nothing to see here supposedly

I heard something about 3 staff members there after one came back from holidays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

I’d be shocked if they let that happen. The amount of social media they do is ridiculous about COVID. I don’t think they would’ve left a staff member back without quarantine

I’d be shocked if they let that happen. The amount of social media they do is ridiculous about COVID. I don’t think they would’ve left a staff member back without quarantine

Yeah same just a rumour around the area

Yeah same just a rumour around the area

My niece works there. I've heard nothing. She visits my 90 year old mum, which she would not be doing if there was any truth to this rumour.

I'll make further enquiries.

My niece works there. I've heard nothing. She visits my 90 year old mum, which she would not be doing if there was any truth to this rumour.

I'll make further enquiries.
    I highly doubt its true yeah just enquiring

I highly doubt its true yeah just enquiring

She's on holidays,it turns out so I have no info

She's on holidays,it turns out so I have no info
    just got confirmation its not true, someones spreading porkeys

I suspected as much.
    Why do people do this kind of thing?

No new cases in Cork again today.

• Advertisement

Cork +3 today.
    Third highest after Dublin +21 and Meath +5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭whatever76

Cork +3 today.
    Third highest after Dublin +21 and Meath +5

Is that so far this week as news saying 17 new cases today ?

whatever76 wrote: »
    Is that so far this week as news saying 17 new cases today ?
    County data is alwasy 24hrs delayed. They are yesterday's figures. We'll find out where the 17 from today are, tomorrow.

FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

This is just crazy, we’ve been told we shouldn’t really travel and then I see an ad advertising to go holiday in Malta on virgin media. First time I’ve ever seen that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭whatever76

County data is alwasy 24hrs delayed. They are yesterday's figures. We'll find out where the 17 from today are, tomorrow.

Ah I see - thanks for keeping the updates going on cork cases !

Cork County and Cork Harlequins cricket clubs have suspended play after a player presented for COVID testing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Cork County and Cork Harlequins cricket clubs have suspended play after a player presented for COVID testing.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Activity-suspended-at-two-Cork-cricket-clubs-after-suspected-Covid-19-case-reported-f49fbb8b-0940-4d42-a7fe-144eeda015fb-ds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Pen Rua wrote: »

What's the rate of positive results in those situations? Routine tests obviously skew the overall figure.

• Advertisement

1 additional case in Cork today

Advertisement