Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

As an aside, M&S have started to sell face coverings. At present, they are selling 5 for €13 which appears to be exceptional value compared to other offerings that I have seen. I have placed an order for a pack to see how they go. It's hard to tell whether they have the nose clasp for us glasses wearers.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/ie/l/face-covering#intid=IE_gnav_men_accessories_face%20coverings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

No new cases in Cork today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

No new cases in Cork today.

Doing really well considering the increasing numbers. (Even if they are mostly clusters)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Be right back

Pen Rua wrote: »
    As an aside, M&S have started to sell face coverings. At present, they are selling 5 for €13 which appears to be exceptional value compared to other offerings that I have seen. I have placed an order for a pack to see how they go. It's hard to tell whether they have the nose clasp for us glasses wearers.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/ie/l/face-covering#intid=IE_gnav_men_accessories_face%20coverings

Ordered some, thanks for the tip.

2 additional cases in Cork today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Cheers for that - I ordered a few packs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Dublin is way ahead of other counties with the cases and everyone gets punished.

My suggestion is to reopen the pubs everywhere except Dublin and the pubs can open until Midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭cantalach

As an aside, M&S have started to sell face coverings.

Organic and free range presumably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,179 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

2 additional cases in Cork today

Were they imported/contacted from another county?

mikeym wrote: »
    Dublin is way ahead of other counties with the cases and everyone gets punished.

My suggestion is to reopen the pubs everywhere except Dublin and the pubs can open until Midnight.
    Virtually all the new cases come from Leinster. 33 of 45 today were in Kildare, alone. Not sure why Cork should suffer over that.

• Advertisement

1 additional case in Cork today

2 additional cases in Cork today.
    There is a significant outbreak in Kildare, Offaly and Laois and authorities are warning people to be vigilant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭omerin

Is there different rules for GAA? Reason i say it is I was in Ballincollig park yesterday and there was a GAA match which had a lot more then the 200 attendees, cark park full and not distancing. Most were standing on the side-line on the opposite side to the park

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

omerin wrote: »
    Is there different rules for GAA? Reason i say it is I was in Ballincollig park yesterday and there was a GAA match which had a lot more then the 200 attendees, cark park full and not distancing. Most were standing on the side-line on the opposite side to the park

Ya 200 is allowed your not going to get 200 car spaces 2 meters apart

omerin wrote: »

I’m just back from a fully ticketed 200 person Junior A game so id say no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,179 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Heard of a few pubs caught at the weekend with back and side doors open, no food, west Cork

I hope our numbers stay low, no increase, we were doing well

How many meat factories here?

Cork has one of the lowest infection rates in the last week.EerMLmMWkAAt2Tm?format=png&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭whatever76

Cork has one of the lowest infection rates in the last week.EerMLmMWkAAt2Tm?format=png&name=medium

that is a great chart - thanks for posting ! Really hope Cork numbers stay down over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyone know the area/s in Clare where the cases are?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

We're doing well, and I have met friends for food and pints. But Im keeping an eye on the local situation and will stop that if I see local numbers rising.

Lots of activity on the streets, no adherence to the 2M. Let's see.

• Advertisement

FWIW, I was trying to get a GP appointment earlier for one of my kids and the hold time was very long even by the standards of the last six months. When I finally got through, the receptionist said it had all exploded in the last few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

cantalach wrote: »
    FWIW, I was trying to get a GP appointment earlier for one of my kids and the hold time was very long even by the standards of the last six months. When I finally got through, the receptionist said it had all exploded in the last few days.

Is that because people are asking to get tested for covid?

The CUH has not had a COVID positive patient for 3 weeks today.

GP appointments aren’t related to COVID, you’re not allowed book an appointment if you’re being tested.

GP appointments aren’t related to COVID, you’re not allowed book an appointment if you’re being tested.

I didn’t say people were asking for appointments. I said that I was looking for an appointment for my child (not COVID-related) and that receptionist said the phone lines had exploded in the last few days. Apparently people call the doctor when they think they might have a serious illness...

I didn’t say people were asking for appointments. I said that I was looking for an appointment for my child (not COVID-related) and that receptionist said the phone lines had exploded in the last few days. Apparently people call the doctor when they think they might have a serious illness...

Seems I’m not the only one with this news: https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0806/1157611-covid-19-ireland/

That happens after every bank holiday, GPs have been making that obvious on Twitter. Not much to worry about.

3 additional cases in Cork today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

3 additional cases in Cork today.

Really?

According to gov.ie
    35 cases are located in Kildare, 26 in Offaly, 6 in Wexford, 5 in Laois, 5 in Dublin, and 21 are spread across ten other counties (Carlow, Cavan, Donegal, Kilkenny, Limerick, Louth, Meath, Monaghan, Westmeath and Wicklow).

• Advertisement

Ludo wrote: »
    Really?

According to gov.ie
    +3 out of 69 yesterday.

The numbers are revealed the day after cases. Scroll down in the publication.

Advertisement