Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

+3 out of 69 yesterday.

The numbers are revealed the day after cases. Scroll down in the publication.

Ah...I stopped at the first blurb of the daily summary as you twigged. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Humilde

Two new cases in Cork? We're all going to die!!!!

Im guessing there are approx 400000 people in the county of Cork. So two new cases eh? Do the maths. Yee are all hysterical. At the beginning of all of this, we were being told the lockdown was in order to flatten the curve so that hospitals could deal with the numbers. So now, we have little or nobody in most hospitals, but we are running around like its the apocalypse. Give me a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Humilde wrote: »

Im guessing there are approx 400000 people in the county of Cork. So two new cases eh? Do the maths. Yee are all hysterical. At the beginning of all of this, we were being told the lockdown was in order to flatten the curve so that hospitals could deal with the numbers. So now, we have little or nobody in most hospitals, but we are running around like its the apocalypse. Give me a break.
    You’re the one sounding hysterical. Relax.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The curve has been flattened but it has to remain flattened. Acting early is the best way to keep it flattened.

This whole thing started with one infection in China, which became one infection in Ireland. We've done a lot to get us to where we are and it's best to keep it that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Lesson learned in the new COVID era: you probably should book in advance.

Herself as the notions to get brunch this morning, so we dashed into town.

First place was full except for one table which was just about to be taken.

Second place was full.

Third place was full but they offered for us to wait (we did) but failed to mention to us it would be 10-15 mins for a table at which point menu switched to full lunch.

Fourth place was booked out (despite numerous empty tables).

Fifth place... finally... food.

Will be planning more so in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

174 new cases today.
    110 in Kildare, 7 in Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

174 new cases today.

7 sounds like a cluster, any idea what area, it's ridiculous not narrowing to at least a constituency

14 cases in Cork in the last 7 days - incidence rate of 2.58 per 100,000 which is way way below the national average of 16.3.

7 sounds like a cluster, any idea what area, it's ridiculous not narrowing to at least a constituency
    I've heard of a family cluster after a holiday to Spain in Faranree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,179 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

174 new cases today.

7 is high as we were doing good

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    7 is high as we were doing good
    14 in the last 7 days is not bad in the slightest

I hope they are quarantining

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Humilde

Just imagine. This virus has been devastating for many of our older/more vulnerable/population who were not taken care of in advance when they sought help from the authorities. Then, these same authorities have now realised that this pandemic has been good for themselves. Why? Well, the politicians have seen their popularity go up in the polls. They have also seen that the old chestnuts of health and housing problems have been all but forgotten in the media so its happy days and an easy ride for all. The doctors and nurses and other health related workers have seen their perceived value in society skyrocket, with calls for pay increases all over the place. The newspapers have seen their online revenues increase substantially. Many large industries are benefiting hugely from the wage subsidy schemes. A shedload of public servants have been off work with full pay since March. Looking at it on the whole, this thing has been good for a lot of people, people with strong union lobbies representing them. This is one of the reasons why I believe that in some quarters, they dont want this to go away at all. Maybe this explains the nonsense lockdowns when in reality the hospitals are virtually empty. And of course, when the bill for all of this comes in the post, its the ordinary Joe who will be saddled with the burden as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Should be taken out and beaten. Sorry but no time for selfish people like this. It is not too difficult to stay at home for one year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Be right back

If true, could they not have stayed at home for one year? Hope they are isolating at home..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭corks finest

Just imagine. This virus has been devastating for many of our older/more vulnerable/population who were not taken care of in advance when they sought help from the authorities. Then, these same authorities have now realised that this pandemic has been good for themselves. Why? Well, the politicians have seen their popularity go up in the polls. They have also seen that the old chestnuts of health and housing problems have been all but forgotten in the media so its happy days and an easy ride for all. The doctors and nurses and other health related workers have seen their perceived value in society skyrocket, with calls for pay increases all over the place. The newspapers have seen their online revenues increase substantially. Many large industries are benefiting hugely from the wage subsidy schemes. A shedload of public servants have been off work with full pay since March. Looking at it on the whole, this thing has been good for a lot of people, people with strong union lobbies representing them. This is one of the reasons why I believe that in some quarters, they dont want this to go away at all. Maybe this explains the nonsense lockdowns when in reality the hospitals are virtually empty. And of course, when the bill for all of this comes in the post, its the ordinary Joe who will be saddled with the burden as usual.

Some valid points

If true, could they not have stayed at home for one year? Hope they are isolating at home..

They're obviously selfish pricks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Be right back

They're obviously selfish pricks

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if they were on the likes of Neil Prenderville, saying they were entitled to go abroad!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭cantalach

Just imagine. This virus has been devastating for many of our older/more vulnerable/population who were not taken care of in advance when they sought help from the authorities. Then, these same authorities have now realised that this pandemic has been good for themselves. Why? Well, the politicians have seen their popularity go up in the polls. They have also seen that the old chestnuts of health and housing problems have been all but forgotten in the media so its happy days and an easy ride for all. The doctors and nurses and other health related workers have seen their perceived value in society skyrocket, with calls for pay increases all over the place. The newspapers have seen their online revenues increase substantially. Many large industries are benefiting hugely from the wage subsidy schemes. A shedload of public servants have been off work with full pay since March. Looking at it on the whole, this thing has been good for a lot of people, people with strong union lobbies representing them.

Let’s just call it as it is. This whole thing has all the hallmarks or a conspiracy between the Jews and Freemasons. I read on a QAnon forum that Varadkar is actually a Mossad agent whose real name is Leopold Varker, and Coveney is the grand master of the Carrigaline & District Masonic Lodge. And we all know that Micheál Martin is......oh wait up......sorry about that......seems I’ve just been smoking crack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Some very organised coordination with all the other countries, most of all of them, that had lockdowns. The conspiracy theorists would almost deserve a one up with that type of teamwork between countries.

There's almost not a single event on earth where someone doesn't 'benefit' in some way. Not all of them need tin hat theories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Oh for f$ck sake, going to Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

As if. Someone who goes on holidays to Spain during this doesn’t give a f*ck.

Inchydoney Beach was crowded today, Gardai had to intervene stop traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Warren strand road also closed down. Should be ok though , outside etc just once people are being a small bit careful

Old head grand, Roberts cove this morning 12/15 ppl, onto Kinsale , my God coming from the old head non stop traffic to, in and out if Kinsale, like centre of Salou in a normal July

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The issue with the Warren & Inchydoney is more to do with traffic and parking than public health.

It was the same in Inch in Kerry yesterday. Hundreds of cars and the car parks full - roads getting blocked. No access for emergency services or in some cases through traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

marno21 wrote: »
    The issue with the Warren & Inchydoney is more to do with traffic and parking than public health.

It was the same in Inch in Kerry yesterday. Hundreds of cars and the car parks full - roads getting blocked. No access for emergency services or in some cases through traffic.

Warren is shocking for parking on a normal summers day. Owenahincha looks very busy aswell with cars totally lined down one side of the road. Ardfield/red strand road closed off now too though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,463 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Any glint of sun and the eejits rush en masse to beaches. Rather than turn around and try somewhere else they just add to the mayhem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Acosta

The beaches around Kinsale were nuts last weekend. Too many people in fairly small spaces. Stayed clear this weekend. I think many probably think they've done enough just by not going abroad and have switched off from social distancing.

• Advertisement

No new cases in Cork today

Advertisement