Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭cornflake1

This guy really got around. Obviously took zero precautions. Hope he is not one of those super spreaders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,462 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I'd say if it was really important it would be in the real news.

Can't be identifying people these days.

No vaccine found yet for being an imbecile.

cornflake1 wrote: »
    This guy really got around. Obviously took zero precautions. Hope he is not one of those super spreaders.

He's a super gowl definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

There's should be some sort of fine for not isolating after travel, €5000 would be a good place to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Of 35 cases yesterday, Cork +2.
    Of 40 cases today, no new cases in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Where is there a mile long beach in Cobh?!

Most of the south side of Cobh island is a beach (at low tide anyway, and quite rocky)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

How did this guy play a match with the virus? He have no symptoms?

Did they have a party after getting a positive test?

If all this happened a week or so ago & we’ve only had a handful of cases since, hopefully we’ve been lucky and it hasn’t spread as much as it could have.

Also, I’d classify this less as travel related and more as a$$hole related. He was probably out in bars over there every night. Just irresponsible, regardless of what country you are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Can't be identifying people these days.

No vaccine found yet for being an imbecile.

I was more getting at how the opinion line and prendeville lap it up and prey on people using this sort of rumour. It's ridiculous, best thing that could have come of the covid would have been to shut them down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

SusieBlue wrote: »
    The same guy on the north side was in close contact with the daughter of the family who own All In One Interiors and they had to close to do a deep clean and have all their staff tested as a result. They have a statement on their FB about it.

My brother who works in the Bandon area got sent home from work today, office is closed and all staff are awaiting tests after a colleague tested positive.
    This colleague was in close contact with a person who was in close contact with the person in question on the north side.

I felt sorry for that south side bar owner, barely open two weeks and having to fork out for a deep clean after the financial strain of the last few months.

If you are stupid and brazen enough to go on holidays at a time like this I really think there should be prosecutions and fines for those who do not obey the isolation instructions on their return.
    We were doing so well and now a few selfish reckless idiots are going to ruin it and we’ll all have to suffer for it.
    what bar is it -might help people who might have been in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Is naming the bar really required? The HSE were contacted and contact tracing carried out. The bar was cleaned and Sanitised and given the all clear to reopen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Is naming the bar really required? The HSE were contacted and contact tracing carried out. The bar was cleaned and Sanitised and given the all clear to reopen

Well, it's not a secret - it was all over the Neil Prendeville show yesterday - the owner was on and all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

So a couple of norries acting the maggot with isolation. Small compared to all the British walking around cork city and county without isolating there are thousands of Brits all over the place you be wondering why we went through the lockdown and having pubs closed with all of them wandering around without isolating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

mean gene wrote: »
    So a couple of norries acting the maggot with isolation. Small compared to all the British walking around cork city and county without isolating there are thousands of Brits all over the place you be wondering why we went through the lockdown and having pubs closed with all of them wandering around without isolating

There’s nothing small about what those norries did. It’s actually worse. I think ur exaggerating about 1000 of brits around. I haven’t come across that many in city and on my own staycations around the country have spotted a few but not to the level you are going on about.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Folks, do not post names of businesses or individuals linked with Covid unless you have proof to back it up, some right rubbish stuff going on in this thread

There is at least 1, max of 4 additional cases in Cork today.

24 in Dublin, 24 in Kildare, 8 in Limerick, 6 in Carlow, 6 in Kilkenny, 5 in Meath, 5 in Clare, and remaining 14 cases are in Cork, Donegal, Kerry, Laois, Louth, Monaghan, Offaly, Waterford and Wicklow.

Confirmed case in a hair salon in Carrigaline.
    https://www.facebook.com/retrohair.carrigaline/posts/1549627705237993

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭corks finest

Where is there a mile long beach in Cobh?!

Never heard of any beach in or v near Cobh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Never heard of any beach in or v near Cobh

Exhibit A : https://goo.gl/maps/pu89KnPFV31npUyC8
    Exhibit B : https://goo.gl/maps/BnNV4Z9EFoe28PrA8
    Exhibit C : https://goo.gl/maps/YxjYVM95SEJqNTWF8
    Exhibit D : https://goo.gl/maps/ND35vRLNwxiEnr4cA

Total length between all of these 4.2km, interrupted only by some rocks you can scramble over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Asylum-seeker-family-giving-away-free-masks-in-Cork-city-fd7af795-5daa-4dd3-8cc8-d551e9e57090-ds
    Asylum-seekers in Cork will take to Patrick Street tomorrow afternoon to give away free masks.

The Singh family, made up of Raminder, Kaur, Gursewak, Sandeep and Gurcharran Singh, are a well-known family here in Cork.

[...]

The Singh family will set up on Patrick Street tomorrow at 12.30pm to give away free masks in a bid to support the fight against COVID-19.

Mother and daughter Kaur and Sandeep have been busy sewing masks for the last month and the family are keen to see them put to good use by giving them to members of the public.

Speaking about the give-away, Raminder Singh said, as is popular in Sikh culture, he and his family were keen to lend a helping hand during these testing times.

2 additional cases in Cork from yesterday’s figures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Cork has a substantial number of UK nationals on holidays probably not isolating as there's no one checking these things

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bettyoleary

Level 42 wrote: »
    Cork has a substantial number of UK nationals on holidays probably not isolating as there's no one checking these things
    Will you be isolating when you are waiting for Oxford vaccine ?? I doubt it very much. Or when you are on the Ryanair over to see a match, If you hate the English dont expect to partake of the benefits.

mean gene wrote: »
    I wonder will they be on the same plane going back as Neil Prendeville if he has taken any Brufen. I hope not, I wouldnt want my female family by him. And I hope all the Irish come back from UK when vaccine is developed as we dont want them taking up the spaces. You wouldnt trust it!!!!!!

Prob catch the virus out of your meat factories if they arnt careful

Spot checks by Gardai today looking for people with English accents.

prob be able to give them some sensible guidance then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭cantalach

I’m sure it’s the car reg rather than the accent that is more interesting to the Gardaí. West Cork is full of people with English accents who’ve lived here for 40 years. The ones to watch are the Irish living in the UK and coming home on hols.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Will you be isolating when you are waiting for Oxford vaccine ?? I doubt it very much. Or when you are on the Ryanair over to see a match, If you hate the English dont expect to partake of the benefits.

stay off the sherry there betty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,106 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Was at a gig in The Kino last night.
    Really, really well organised.
    40 punters. All seated. Efficient table service.
    Decent cocktails and reasonable prices.

Groups brought in one by one and given a welcome talk with clear instructions on how it works. Basically, you are told in no uncertain terms to stay in your seat unless going to the toilet. We were probably there for under 2 hours.

I'm not sure how much money it can make but as a punter, I really enjoyed it. Just shows what can be done.

I haven't been to any pubs and don't really have any interest in doing so but this works for me.

• Advertisement

Out of ~60 cases yesterday, Cork +3.

200 additional cases today, no major numbers in Cork again.
    56 are in Dublin, 81 in Kildare, 13 in Tipperary, 8 in Limerick, 6 Laois, 6 in Galway, 5 in Kilkenny, 5 in Meath and the rest of the 20 cases are in Carlow, Clare, Cork, Donegal, Louth, Mayo, Offaly, Roscommon, Waterford and Wicklow

Advertisement