Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

I just read ACE’s post properly there that these are cases over the past 2 months.
    I thought it was since the start of the dashboard
    As there have been no cases in CUH for the past month and no colleges back I can see now why they weren’t in Bishopstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

2 cases in Passage/Monkstown on the map - no idea who they are, I heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

2 cases in Passage/Monkstown on the map - no idea who they are, I heard nothing.

get a grip man your posts are normally good why the hell should you know

Level 42 wrote: »
    get a grip man your posts are normally good why the hell should you know
    Because I live there?

Because I live there?

I do too so what

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,177 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

limnam wrote: »
    There's a nursing home, could be there.

Although all through this anytime I was in Ballincollig it felt business as usual.

It has a bit of anti social behaviour, youth gangs fighting and meeting up etc., I could be wrong might not be youth related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

sweet lord, curtain-twitching overload.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Whats with the hostility? ACE only said there were two cases in his area that he didn't hear about? He didn't say the world is ending ffs. "Get a grip" I think its you that needs to get a grip, reading wayyy too much into that post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭cantalach

Humilde wrote: »
    To finish this debate once and for all, I think each country should designate one city as not having to wear masks at all. Just to follow the usual hand washing and distancing advice. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was no difference in infection rates. At the beginning of all of this, we were told repeatedly that the main source of contagion was through touching surfaces. But this sort of grown up thinking is classed as terrorism now by the so called experts. When challenged about face mask wearing, their stock defence is that they should be mandatory just in case you could infect someone. In other words, they aren't sure. The problem is that they can manipulate figures and stats and cherry pick the expert reports to suit their own agenda. Really sick of it as this stage.

Taking a break from the QAnon forums this evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭snottybridge

You have more chance of catching moby dick in Passage/ Monkstown than covid, relax.

• Advertisement

You have more chance of catching moby dick in Passage/ Monkstown than covid, relax.

if you do please let ace know

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭deeperlearning

I’ve no idea was surprised that it was in Ballincollig.
    If I had to have guessed anywhere I would have thought it would have been Bishopstown as a lot of healthcare workers live there as well as lecturers& students from UCC and CIT

Bishopstown is a very mature area with a lot of retirees. I think Ballincollig would have a lot more healthcare workers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I do too so what

Why are so aggressive? If u live in a small enough area, it’s easy to be find out where /who has it? There was a case in the village where I’m from and I didn’t even have to ask, was just told.

fin12 wrote: »
    Why are so aggressive? If u live in a small enough area, it’s easy to be find out where /who has it? There was a case in the village where I’m from and I didn’t even have to ask, was just told.

appalling thank god I don't live in that village sounds awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

appalling thank god I don't live in that village sounds awful

Well why are u even on this thread? This thread gives more information about where the cases are in Cork not just the numbers so if u are so appalled about knowing information why are you on here?

And there was nothing appalling about being told where the cases were in my village, what was appalling was the behavior of the individual who ended up with COVID.

And I agree thank god you don’t live in this village.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,462 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Was at a gig in The Kino last night.
    Really, really well organised.
    40 punters. All seated. Efficient table service.
    Decent cocktails and reasonable prices.

Groups brought in one by one and given a welcome talk with clear instructions on how it works. Basically, you are told in no uncertain terms to stay in your seat unless going to the toilet. We were probably there for under 2 hours.

I'm not sure how much money it can make but as a punter, I really enjoyed it. Just shows what can be done.

I haven't been to any pubs and don't really have any interest in doing so but this works for me.

Sounds horrendous and the very reason why I don't bother going to craicless gigs until normality comes back, if ever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Folks, leave off the personal attacks please & stick to the topic at hand. Any more reported posts from this thread and bans will be issued.
    No more warnings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,106 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Sounds horrendous and the very reason why I don't bother going to craicless gigs until normality comes back, if ever.

One person's craic is another person's idea of hell.

I suspect we like different things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,462 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

One person's craic is another person's idea of hell.

I suspect we like different things.

Well I'd say a night at the opera would be more craic as what you described.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭limnam

Was at a gig in The Kino last night.
    Really, really well organised.
    40 punters. All seated. Efficient table service.
    Decent cocktails and reasonable prices.

Groups brought in one by one and given a welcome talk with clear instructions on how it works. Basically, you are told in no uncertain terms to stay in your seat unless going to the toilet. We were probably there for under 2 hours.

I'm not sure how much money it can make but as a punter, I really enjoyed it. Just shows what can be done.

I haven't been to any pubs and don't really have any interest in doing so but this works for me.

This sounds something I'd go to regularly even if there wasn't covid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,106 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Well I'd say a night at the opera would be more craic as what you described.

Craic isn't the benchmark of a night out for me.
    The kind of people who love "the craic" are the kind of people I tend to avoid.

Like I said, I suspect we like different things, craicmiester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Be right back

Anyone know how cases were confirmed in Cork?

Anyone know how cases were confirmed in Cork?
    out of 56 yesterday, none

Today, out of 190:
    48 are in Kildare, 46 in Dublin, 38 in Tipperary, 20 in Limerick, 7 in Clare and the rest of the 31 cases are in Carlow, Cork, Kerry, Kilkenny, Laois, Louth, Meath, Offaly, Waterford, Wexford and Wicklow

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Thanks ACE, your input is appreciated.

they should lock down tipp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Humilde wrote: »
    To finish this debate once and for all, I think each country should designate one city as not having to wear masks at all. Just to follow the usual hand washing and distancing advice. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was no difference in infection rates. At the beginning of all of this, we were told repeatedly that the main source of contagion was through touching surfaces. But this sort of grown up thinking is classed as terrorism now by the so called experts. When challenged about face mask wearing, their stock defence is that they should be mandatory just in case you could infect someone. In other words, they aren't sure. The problem is that they can manipulate figures and stats and cherry pick the expert reports to suit their own agenda. Really sick of it as this stage.

Rotflmao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,177 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

And Dublin, Clare and Limerick too :p

Or (shhhh...whisper it) Dublin?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    And Dublin, Clare and Limerick too :p

At this time of year, with Limerick-upon-Sea (aka Kilkee) in full swing, Clare and Limerick merge into a sort of continuum.

• Advertisement

out of 190 cases yesterday 1 case in cork

Advertisement