Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Level 42 wrote: »
    out of 190 cases yesterday 1 case in cork

Hi,

Which site can you pull down the cases by county?
    Thanks,
    G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Of 190 cases yesterday, Cork +3.

Of 54 cases today, no new cases in Cork.

19 are in Dublin, 8 in Kildare, 5 in Tipperary and the rest of the cases are in Carlow, Clare, Donegal, Kerry, Kilkenny, Laois, Limerick, Longford, Louth, Meath, Offaly, Waterford and Wexford

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Of 190 cases yesterday, Cork +3.

Of 54 cases today, no new cases in Cork.

19 are in Dublin, 8 in Kildare, 5 in Tipperary and the rest of the cases are in Carlow, Clare, Donegal, Kerry, Kilkenny, Laois, Limerick, Longford, Louth, Meath, Offaly, Waterford and Wexford

Red FM announced 1 case in Cork this morning from yesterday's figures

mean gene wrote: »
    Red FM announced 1 case in Cork this morning from yesterday's figures
    Not sure where they got that from, numbers only came out when the cases are announced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Not sure where they got that from, numbers only came out when the cases are announced.

Maybe it was from Monday so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,176 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

All cases are a day (24 hours) behind yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    All cases are a day (24 hours) behind yes?
    They've been up to weeks and possibly months behind at times. I think generally they're in the last week.

Of 136 cases today, 7 additional cases in Cork

Of 136 cases today, 7 additional cases in Cork

Connected to Ballincollig cluster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

What’s the story in Ballincollig?

• Advertisement

The Ballincollig cluster on the map is old

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Hopefully just a blip

The Ballincollig cluster on the map is old

How old?

How old?
    Somewhere between June and start of August

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Leisurely drive (twice, there and back) through Carrigaline today and it was like somebody told them all that their chins are at serious risk of catching something.

Such stupid, dangerous behaviour from probably 60 people, several with visible disabilities which would have made them higher risk - especially at risk from all the other people with chin masks.

Don't put it on until you're ready to wear it properly, take it off when you leave the shop and put the used ones in a ziplock to dispose of or clean. Hanging it around your mouth means that something dirty and possibly contaminated is touching the area around your mouth. So obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

s1ippy wrote: »
    Leisurely drive (twice, there and back) through Carrigaline today and it was like somebody told them all that their chins are at serious risk of catching something.

Such stupid, dangerous behaviour from probably 60 people, several with visible disabilities which would have made them higher risk - especially at risk from all the other people with chin masks.

Don't put it on until you're ready to wear it properly, take it off when you leave the shop and put the used ones in a ziplock to dispose of or clean. Hanging it around your mouth means that something dirty and possibly contaminated is touching the area around your mouth. So obvious.

Stop and tell them individually,you could save lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

s1ippy wrote: »

But I thought masks were to protect others and not yourself?
    If what is the harm putting it down around your neck briefly between shops and putting it back up in a shop. If the mask is contaminated then you are the only one it will affect. And how will it get affected if it is around your neck? If it did then you are getting whatever is infecting it also in the air.

I fully agree with wearing a mask and do in all indoor places. But when I leave, I take it off and shove it in my pocket and put it back on later. If it gets infected in my pocket (or around my neck although I don't to that myself) then I have bigger things to worry about. No one else will be affected though which I thought is the point of them.

In reality VERY few are going to follow the strict instructions on how to wear a mask and not touch it, remove it with 2 fingers carefully, bag it, wash it between every use, etc, etc, etc. People will just stop wearing them rather than put up with all that. Wearing one which covers mouth and nose helps prevent spread to others, so how about we accept that as a good thing and accept how people put it on and take it off.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I think there is evidence now that wearing a mask also provides some level of protection for the wearer?

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I think there is evidence now that wearing a mask also provides some level of protection for the wearer?

I'm sure it does. But let's be realistic in trying to get everyone to wear a mask. Being overly picky about popping it down over the neck for a while when outdoors is not that big a deal. At least they are wearing one and doing no harm to anyone else.

Of 79 cases today, Cork +6

• Advertisement

Interesting, I wonder where these cases are coming from

Of 79 cases today, Cork +6

That's 12/13 in 2 days. Not great. Let's hope it is a blip. Any way to tell the source?

Interesting, I wonder where these cases are coming from

We will probably never find out, which is fairly ****e

Hopefully it's just not the beginning of a cluster

I wish they'd say a bit more like town or city

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Absolutely shocking that we can't get an idea of where they occurred.

Take a look at how specific this is:
    https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/aug/21/coronavirus-nsw-hotspots-list-regional-sydney-covid-19-outbreak-locations
    List of outbreaks in NSW
    If you were at the following venues on these dates you must get tested and self-isolate for 14 days, even if your test is negative.

Wildginger restaurant, Huskisson: 7.45pm to 10.30pm on Saturday 8 August
    Dooleys Lidcombe Catholic Club, Lidcombe: 5pm on Friday 7 August to 6.30am on Saturday 8 August; 4.30pm to 11.30pm on Saturday 8 August; 1pm to 9pm on Sunday 9 August; 12pm to 9:30pm on Monday 10 August
    With the growing number of cases in the area, NSW Health is asking all people who live in, or have visited, the following areas in the past two weeks to get tested if they have any symptoms of Covid-19 at all, even the mildest of symptoms such as a runny nose or scratchy throat.

Campbelltown local government area (LGA)
    Canterbury Bankstown LGA
    Cumberland LGA
    Fairfield LGA
    Liverpool LGA
    Parramatta LGA
    City of Sydney (East) LGA
    If you were at any of the following locations on these dates, monitor yourself for symptoms and self-isolate and get tested if symptoms occur.

Bankstown Central Shopping Centre, Bankstown: 10am to 3pm on Saturday 8 August
    Bunnings Warehouse, Campbelltown: 11am to 7pm on Tuesday 4 August; 8am to 4pm on Wednesday 5 August; 1pm to 3pm on Thursday 6 August
    Castle Towers Shopping Centre, Castle Hill: 3.30pm to 5pm on Friday 7 August
    PharmaSave Cherrybrook Pharmacy in Appletree Shopping Centre, Cherrybrook: 4pm to 7pm on Thursday 6 August
    Crust Pizza, Concord: 4pm to 8pm on Thursday 6 August; 5pm to 9pm on Friday 7 August
    Café Perons, Double Bay: 1pm to 2pm on Saturday 8 August
    DFO, Homebush: 10.45am to 12pm on Saturday 8 August
    Sydney Markets Flemington, Homebush West: 8am to 4pm on Sunday, 9 August
    Liverpool Hospital, Liverpool: 7am to 3pm on Thursday 6 August; 7am to 3pm on Friday 7 August; 5am to 1.30pm on Saturday 8 August; 5am to 1.30pm on Sunday 9 August
    Westfield Liverpool, Liverpool: 10.30am to 11am and 12.30pm to 1pm on Friday 7 August
    Woolworths Metro, North Strathfield: 12.15pm to 1.15pm on Saturday 8 August
    Parramatta Local Court, Parramatta: 8.30am to 12.30pm on Tuesday 11 August; 8.30am to 12.3opm on Wednesday 12 August
    Etc. Goes on for ages.

We haven't had it this bad since Kepac back in May.
    Stop and tell them individually,you could save lives.

You know, six months ago I would have. But I'm high risk and I had my extremely vulnerable relative in the car so I actually wouldn't take the chance now. The people who are engaging in risky behaviour are the ones I need to avoid as much as possible, more then ever at the moment.

I usually pop in two places with that relative I was out with but we didn't take the chance this week. There are too many cases at the moment. We went for our walks outside as normal this week when we knew it would be quiet and stayed away from anywhere remotely busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭whatever76

I'm hearing a confirmed case in Fermoy area and that few tests been carries out in that area but may just be rumours - but I agree it would be really helpful if they at least confirmed region/area

Of 156 additional cases today:
    55 in Dublin, 36 in Kildare, 12 in Tipperary, 9 in Limerick, 7 in Kilkenny, 6 in Waterford and the remaining 31 cases are in Carlow, Clare, Cork, Donegal, Galway, Kerry, Laois, Louth, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Westmeath, Wexford and Wicklow.

Cork could be anywhere from 1-5 i'm thinking

There is some talk of a few cases in Clonakilty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Big gathering of anti maskers in Dublin yesterday.

If the cases in Co.Dublin go up put them into lockdown.

Advertisement