Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Is there anywhere around the city that prints from computer?

Prints covid from a computer? Or have you the wrong thread, thought you would be Dublin based but obviously not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Prints covid from a computer? Or have you the wrong thread, thought you would be Dublin based but obviously not.

I can't find a printer because of covid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I can't find a printer because of covid

Almost impossible to buy a printer at the moment, no stocks so OP asking for options. Not strictly this thread but take a usb to a library

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Is the covid test centre in Old mallow road a drive through? Asking for a friend.

Yup, drive in drive out

Almost impossible to buy a printer at the moment, no stocks so OP asking for options. Not strictly this thread but take a usb to a library

I looked a few months ago when it was all teaching from home and it was impossible, I haven't looked since, I thought it would have passed similar to other initial covid shortages, the question is not clear, print from a computer? Do you intend to bring the computer to the shop or email what you want printed to them? I presume that any computer shop in your area would do either for a small fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

whatever76 wrote: »
    oh no

Oh no what? This is going to happen. It's inevitable . The press don't help by reporting so much. It's only going to get worse. Sick to death of the shock that there's been a case. It's been over 6 months now.

As for not getting info, what do people expect?

Inevitable that we will have regular school closures, this is life with covid, Sweden seems to have left the worst behind them, no masks and no closures, just common sense, obviously at a price, depending on how soon a vaccine is widely available whether their approach is successful, and on the long-term effects of a vaccine that is rushed through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,173 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Do any post office or business stationary supply shops, is internet cafes gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Togher stationary supplies used do this. Got something printed there about 5 years ago- it was saucy, think 3 euros a page but if stuck( which i was) , was glad to pay it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

As mentioned above, public libraries used to print (but not sure now during COVID).
    Also, An Scolaire and Brookfield shop , on College Road.

Do you actually need to plug in or connect a computer and print? I'm not sure if anyone would let you do this. But most should print from USB or email.

The COVID centre in Old Mallow Rd has walk-in as well as drive-in (both only by appointment).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Of 307 new cases today
    182 in Dublin, 25 in Kildare, 19 in Limerick, 15 in Wexford, 15 in Louth, 8 in Wicklow, 6 in Galway, 6 in Clare, 6 in Kilkenny and the remaining 25 cases are located in Cavan, Cork, Donegal, Kerry, Longford, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Sligo, Tipperary, Waterford, Westmeath.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

307 cases sToP sCaREMonGerINg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Dublin is out of control.

2ahrxm.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

they haven't the balls to lock Dublin down

cork doing very well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,242 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

mean gene wrote: »
    they haven't the balls to lock Dublin down

cork doing very well

Cork is doing well but it’s not a given that we will stay that way. I think the fact that for the most part people in cork city that I’ve seen are keeping social distance and mask wearing at least where I live has had a noticeable increase is very encouraging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

We’ve averaged at 8 cases per day since the first case in CUH in February. We’ve done amazingly well. Population of 540,000!! Dublin a population of 1.4m have averaged 68 per day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

seen some lads today in mahon point probably locals from cross the road dressed liked the young offenders gatching around in their white socks and tracksuits with no masks on acting the maggot -should be kicked out not allowed in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Santy2015 wrote: »
    We’ve averaged at 8 cases per day since the first case in CUH in February. We’ve done amazingly well. Population of 540,000!! Dublin a population of 1.4m have averaged 68 per day!!

Like to know why it is. I had to go to Dublin a month ago for work just for a day and didnt really notice any obvious different in behavior but Cork has done well so far, fingers crossed it keeps that way.
    Level 42 wrote: »
    seen some lads today in mahon point probably locals from cross the road dressed liked the young offenders gatching around in their white socks and tracksuits with no masks on acting the maggot -should be kicked out not allowed in

As likely from further afield.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

As regards our cases being less, I suspect it might be a matter of geography rather than the heroic actions of our citizens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Like to know why it is. I had to go to Dublin a month ago for work just for a day and didnt really notice any obvious different in behavior but Cork has done well so far, fingers crossed it keeps that way.

As likely from further afield.

Cork is far less densely populated it's not really hard to understand. You also have most the tourists coming through Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

rob316 wrote: »
    Cork is far less densely populated it's not really hard to understand. You also have most the tourists coming through Dublin.

I'm also thinking that the meat plant cases from kildare etc might have seeded the spread in Dublin. There is a lot of travel and commuting in that greater area.

Level 42 wrote: »

I thought masks in shopping centres was mandatory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought masks in shopping centres was mandatory

They probably had a personal reason to not wear one and staff were then afraid to ask in case they upset them about their reason.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    As regards our cases being less, I suspect it might be a matter of geography rather than the heroic actions of our citizens.

Have to say, having staycationed in Galway, kerry and Waterford, Cork far outdid all of them in the mask wearing and social distancing stakes. Very few here in Fermoy outside of the usual culprits not adhering to both.
    Look, we're doing well, for a heap of reasons and geographically we're at a definite advantage, let's keep it going.

TheDriver wrote: »
    They probably had a personal reason to not wear one and staff were then afraid to ask in case they upset them about their reason.................

They could have worn shields/visors/scarfs then if not masks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

In case anyone needed any further evidence...

https://twitter.com/williamsjon/status/1303962435871805442?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

In case anyone needed any further evidence...

https://twitter.com/williamsjon/status/1303962435871805442?s=21

What’s the other county that is 63.1 Is is Limerick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

196 cases today with 107 alone in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

how are the numbers out so early?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Why are sales reps or people doing surveys allowed to knock on people’s doors during this time? Guy with no mask knocked on my door, didn’t open door, could see he had some kind of folder on him but seriously they shouldn’t be coming anywhere near peoples doors and the cheek of him not to even wear a mask.

Advertisement