Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,173 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

196 cases today with 107 alone in Dublin

Dublin is out of control, needs some restrictions at least if no lockdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Of 196 cases today, no new cases in Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭cantalach

fin12 wrote: »
    What’s the other county that is 63.1 Is is Limerick?

You seem to live in Cork. You’re not seriously saying you don’t know which county lies immediately to the north?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

cantalach wrote: »
    You seem to live in Cork. You’re not seriously saying you don’t know which county lies immediately to the north?

I do live in Cork, but sometimes hard to figure out from the map. Immediately to the north, it’s Limerick so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dublin is out of control, needs some restrictions at least if no lockdown

The pubs in Dublin shouldnt be allowed reopen.

And maybe then people up there might cop on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭RINO87

mikeym wrote: »
    The pubs in Dublin shouldnt be allowed reopen.

And maybe then people up there might cop on.

If pubs in one area stay closed while others are open, people will just barrel down to the county to where pubs are open, possibly making the spread even worse. It's a tough call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

RINO87 wrote: »
    If pubs in one area stay closed while others are open, people will just barrel down to the county to where pubs are open, possibly making the spread even worse. It's a tough call

Unlikely really. Tiny minority maybe, but I can't see hordes of Dubs trekking to Kildare/Louth/Meath/Wicklow just for an uncomfortable time-controlled socially distanced pint which you have to pre-book. Much easier to just stay local and go order a 9 euro pizza with your pint like today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭RINO87

Ludo wrote: »
    Unlikely really. Tiny minority maybe, but I can't see hordes of Dubs trekking to Kildare/Louth/Meath/Wicklow just for an uncomfortable time-controlled socially distanced pint which you have to pre-book. Much easier to just stay local and go order a 9 euro pizza with your pint like today.

Yeah good point. I was more thinking if they close down all the pubs in Dublin, like they did with the midlands lockdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

210 cases. 122 dublin. 17 louth. 10 Limerick

Of 210 cases today, Cork +8

• Advertisement

Any idea where abouts, cluster? School (Douglas) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭whatever76

Crap its been a while since we seen that number - hopefully a cluster contained !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

whatever76 wrote: »
    Crap its been a while since we seen that number - hopefully a cluster contained !

We’ve been fairly adhering the law but last few weeks it’s all gone to pot again

3 protests planned in Dublin tomorrow.

2 are anti mask.

The softly approach isnt working with the Internet Conspiracy Nutjobs.

3 protests planned in Dublin tomorrow.

2 are anti mask.

The softly approach isnt working with the Internet Conspiracy Nutjobs.

If it’s this hard trying to get those idiots to wear masks, what is it going to be like trying the vaccinate them?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

If it’s this hard trying to get those idiots to wear masks, what is it going to be like trying the vaccinate them?!

Why try? Let em off.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

Was told of one church in a very rural area had up to 100 people attending one Sunday morning recently, no distancing whatsoever going up to communion, mostly elderly as well.

In a midlands parish in Nottingham people have to ring ahead to book a seat for Mass which I think should be happening here in all honesty..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭.red.

leeside11 wrote: »
    Was told of one church in a very rural area had up to 100 people attending one Sunday morning recently, no distancing whatsoever going up to communion, mostly elderly as well.

In a midlands parish in Nottingham people have to ring ahead to book a seat for Mass which I think should be happening here in all honesty..

If our church closed it wouldn't really affect me, personally, too much.
    I live rural and our church could easily accommodate 100 people very safely, probably 150+ as there are 3 aisles, 2 side sections and a balcony.
    Im not relegious but I know plenty of elderly who are and mass is just a step too far to take away from them long term. That age group had enough taken already.
    A small bit of organisation and getting 100 into most churches shouldn't be an issue. A small bit of cop on and common sense with a one way system in and out, sanitising stations and compulsory masks and it shouldn't be too hard to sort out.
    Something like a dedicated mass in the afternoon for people who are 60+ and their carers would be a good idea too.
    A Ryanair flight has 189 seats and 4 cabin crew and there's nothing stopping them from filling a plane and having 193 people sitting in a small enough space.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

6 cases from the 159 in Cork today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

It feels silly to be worrying about 6 cases but I hope it's some outbreak that's under control. It could get bigger very quickly:eek:

• Advertisement

Why try? Let em off.

Herd immunity for one thing. If they were the only ones affected by their decision then I would agree...but they’re not. A certain number of people are unable to get vaccines for legitimate medical reasons - allergies to eggs, autoimmune conditions, undergoing chemo, etc. They depend on herd immunity to stay safe from Covid. If a significant number of the herd isn’t vaccinated this endangers the health of people who can’t get vaccinated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Cork Gaa saying Killeagh vs Kilworth SAHC is off due to a positive case from a killeagh player. Looks like a small outbreak in east cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

Saw there's a case in a school in Rathcormac, is that near Kilworth or Killeagh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭ofcork

Near kilworth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Be right back

Sesame wrote: »
    Saw there's a case in a school in Rathcormac, is that near Kilworth or Killeagh?

Between Watergrasshill and Fermoy.

Sesame wrote: »

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40048208.html?type=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Rathcormac School

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Between Watergrasshill and Fermoy.

There is a meat factory near there.

You cant force someone to take a vaccine.

I presume those that are low immune system would be offered it first.

Cork has second lowest infection rate in the whole country after Sligo
    https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1305480288458465281?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

You cant force someone to take a vaccine.

I presume those that are low immune system would be offered it first.

But you can make it mandatory for people to prove that they have had a certain vaccine before allowing them to access state services etc. which I believe is the norm in some countries.

Advertisement