Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,173 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

There is now 4 confirmed cases in the Mercy, with 1 in critical care

:( any in CUH?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    :( any in CUH?
    Nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭whatever76

Not at all. Need at least 20 a day to be concerned. Dublin has 200+ per day, we have 6/7...

just wondering - with our numbers being so low last few weeks ; kinda strange seeing what nearly 4 schools with confirmed cases the last week or so ? not sure how it compares to other counties but something not adding up no or am I over thinking ? there is just no logic to this flamin virus !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

whatever76 wrote: »
    just wondering - with our numbers being so low last few weeks ; kinda strange seeing what nearly 4 schools with confirmed cases the last week or so ? not sure how it compares to other counties but something not adding up no or am I over thinking ? there is just no logic to this flamin virus !

Kerry has the same. They had cases in 3 schools the first week they opened (2 schools related to 1 family) and their cases are very low.

It appears there is some sort of outbreak in Ballincollig.
    Ballincollig GAA have suspended play.
    Second case confirmed at Colaiste Choilm.
    Another case identified at Gaelscoil Uí Ríordáin in Ballincollig just now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

They're both secondary schools?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Sports organisations need to have a bit of cop on, I passed a playing pitch yesterday with a bunch of teens all huddled together for what looked like a pep talk. That's not on at the moment.

Seamai wrote: »
    Sports organisations need to have a bit of cop on, I passed a playing pitch yesterday with a bunch of teens all huddled together for what looked like a pep talk. That's not on at the moment.

What does that have to do with anything? There’s been zero sports related outbreaks. If a member of a GAA club from a baby to an older person tests positive they have to suspend activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dkod

seefin wrote: »
    They're both secondary schools?

Seefin. One is a secondary school and one is a primary. Rumour has it that the teacher from secondary trained Gaa so they are taking no chances

Bit of a non story with nobody being deemed a contact and school continuing as normal.

Same school as yesterday, I believe all in one family

• Advertisement

What does that have to do with anything? There’s been zero sports related outbreaks. If a member of a GAA club from a baby to an older person tests positive they have to suspend activity.

I'm surprised with you being such a font for all things COVID-19 that you were not aware that last month there were at least 55 sports related infections, granted small but it will be a hell of a lot higher this month. I have no issue with sport but any fool could see a huddle is downright stupid at the moment.

Seamai wrote: »
    I'm surprised with you being a font for all things COVID-19 that you were not aware that last month there were at least 55 sports related infections, granted small but it will be a hell of a lot higher this month. I have no issue with sport but any fool could see a huddle is downright stupid at the moment.

55 out of 30,000+ is nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

lot of the cases of people in hospital in cork are from dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Must be a backlog considering the extra case in ballincollig and the one above?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

get these tomorrow

RTE reporting Cork +7 and everyone else saying 0...

It is indeed +7 today

55 out of 30,000+ is nothing.

You claimed it was zero. That figure of 55 was only for August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Because they are not practising social distancing if they are all bundled together, same with posing for team photos all with arms around each other, why is that going on aswell?

3 deaths and 254 cases
    136 are in Dublin, 20 in Donegal, 13 in Louth, 12 in Wicklow, 9 in Waterford, 7 in Carlow, 7 in Cork, 6 in Galway, 5 in Kerry, 5 in Wexford and the remaining 28 cases are located in Clare, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Leitrim, Limerick, Longford, Mayo, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon and Westmeath

Schools?

fin12 wrote: »
    Because they are not practising social distancing if they are all bundled together, same with posing for team photos all with arms around each other, why is that going on aswell?

Name one outbreak that happened as a result of people playing sport.

Name one outbreak that happened as a result of people playing sport.

I’m not talking about an outbreak, u asked what’s that got do with anything? It’s got to do with COVID which is what we are all talking about here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Level 42 wrote: »
    lot of the cases of people in hospital in cork are from dublin

What? Why would that even happen. Can you provide a source?

I’m not talking about an outbreak, u asked what’s that got do with anything? It’s got to do with COVID which is what we are all talking about here.

There’s been zero outbreaks related to sport. It’s not stopping, not sure why that’s hard to get.

There’s been zero outbreaks related to sport. It’s not stopping, not sure why that’s hard to get.

I’m not disputing that or have any problem with understanding that but there is something wrong with a group of people all bundling together and posing with arms around each other for photos during sports matches, outbreak or no outbreak.

I’m not disputing that or have any problem with understanding that but there is something wrong with a group of people all bundling together and posing with arms around each other for photos during sports matches, outbreak or no outbreak.

We have far bigger problems....

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Same school as yesterday, I believe all in one family
    Cases not link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Was the school outbreak in Carrigtwohill?

Advertisement