Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Maths teacher in secondary school in ballincollig tested positive. He also plays with ballincollig gaa so hence the restrictions on the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Ballincollig GAA have resumed with immediate effect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

What? Why would that even happen. Can you provide a source?

It fits in with the, "blame others narrative".

"We're doing so well in Cork, well done us!"

-Numbers are actually rising in Cork

"Oh, well, it must be outsiders causing it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

It fits in with the, "blame others narrative".

"We're doing so well in Cork, well done us!"

-Numbers are actually rising in Cork

"Oh, well, it must be outsiders causing it!"

He's the only one I've seen say something like that, and there's always a few everywhere. The other replies to the increases have been of concern

Tbf Cork is doing very well considering the size of our county but the numbers are increasing slightly and we just need to be weary of that and try our best to not become Dublin V2!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

He's the only one I've seen say something like that, and there's always a few everywhere. The other replies to the increases have been of concern

Tbf Cork is doing very well considering the size of our county but the numbers are increasing slightly and we just need to be weary of that and try our best to not become Dublin V2!

i know theres dubs in there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How long can you expect to be waiting for a covid test result ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Got the results in 36 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭.red.

A friend was tested last Thursday evening and didn't get results till Monday afternoon but that seems longer than normal. Could just be that they're testing a lot more people now so the wait is longer as they can only process so many at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭opus

I know five people in Cork who got tests on Thur the week before last, two tests came back on Fri & the remaining three on Sat. All negative thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

My sister was tested and had the results in just over 24 hours (maybe 26-27 hours later). Granted, this was Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,173 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Apparently 48 hours is supposedly the time frame but some are longer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thanks all, my brother is getting tested and we have to restrict movements, so was just wondering how long it took roughly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

I’ve heard otherwise on the teacher/gaa player. Was sick for the first 2/3 days sore back lost taste and smell. Supposedly woke up this morning feeling grand was willing to play against blarney on Sunday. I’m 99% sure of my source as well

Santy2015 wrote: »
    I’ve heard otherwise on the teacher/gaa player. Was sick for the first 2/3 days sore back lost taste and smell. Supposedly woke up this morning feeling grand was willing to play against blarney on Sunday. I’m 99% sure of my source as well
    There is 100% a young person in critical care in the Mercy, either way

A total of 106 people with suspected Covid-19 were being treated at hospitals around the country, including seven people at the Mercy University Hospital and one person at Cork University Hospital.

Fourteen people with confirmed Covid-19 were being treated at critical care units around Ireland including one person who was being cared for at the Mercy University Hospital.

Source Echo Live

Friendly reminder Cork requires 20 cases a day for 14 days straight to even remotely consider becoming concerned about per capita infection rates

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

No harm to be careful, all it takes is to meet one careless langer, or one of the unlucky ones who also met them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Friendly reminder Cork requires 20 cases a day for 14 days straight to even remotely consider becoming concerned about per capita infection rates

Friendly reminder of that is fine, but numbers definitely upticking. From 0 a day last few weeks to consistently 6 or 7 a day now. Let's hope it stabilises there and doesn't start getting out of hand.

Keep taking all precautions.

• Advertisement

That was Fermoy no? Widely publicised at the time

Oh must've missed that, I don't really see stuff when I search it about July outbreaks either but im probably searching the wrong stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

That was back in May no? Kepak Watergrasshill? We had hardly any cases in july

A Cork GP says there has not been a disproportionate rise in cases of Covid-19 since children returned to school earlier this month.

Speaking to the Echo, Dr Mary Favier, Covid-19 advisor to the Irish College of General Practitioners (ICGP) said that while cases of Covid-19 have been reported among children in recent weeks, that this is “in no different rate to the general population”.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/No-disproportionate-rise-in-Covid-among-children-says-Cork-GP-b78e85c0-180a-42d9-8f9a-206b923c4687-ds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

That was Fermoy no? Widely publicised at the time

Dont rem that. Surely someone would have noticed let's say daily figures jumping from 4 to 200+ . Was it reported on this thread? Must look back over it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

14 in Cork is quite the jump.

Of 253 cases today, 14 in Cork. Highest in a while.

Ive heard theres a considerable amount in Ballincollig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Ive heard theres a considerable amount in Ballincollig

I was working out there this week 2 days... lovely!!

Advertisement